Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Cool Aramia Izikus [3.173]

I've been trying to make a working wand of Izikus deck for a long time, and if anyone else has tried you know it's the amount of shadow energy required that makes it usually impossible to win any matches. Whilst this deck is by no means strong, I've finally tuned it enough to win some matches and have some fun in the process. I'm still refining it further and have tried a lot of cards you may think would work well, but so far this is what I'm using:

Current Build (40):

1 x Aramia

4 x Darklight Apprentice
    4 x Aldmor Artisan
    3 x Aldmor Scavenger
    (11 Allies)

3 x Retreat
    3 x Fireball
    1 x Dawn Raid
    (7 Abilities)

2 x The Last Harvest
    1 x Loom of Fate
    1 x Tome of Knowledge
    1 x Scrying Eye
    1 x Aldmor Conduit
    1 x Urigon's Fang
    3 x Wand of Izikus
    1 x Amulet of Conjuring
    3 x Aldmor Accelerator
    1 x Disruptor Field
    2 x Shadow Cannon
    (17 Items)

4 x The Wild: Trading Port
    (4 Locations)

It's almost impossible to win the board back, so you need to take control and never lose it. Tough for any deck, but Izikus can possibly never run out of allies for you.

Synergies:
    Retreats are useful in surviving early domination, and for 2cc fit in nicely with resource gains from Trading Port. They can also return an artifact to your hand if you need it again later (chances are if this combo works you're probably going to win anyway).

Dawn Raid can trigger the Trading Port when you need, and Trading Port also works nicely on their artifacts if they use it to destroy any of yours.

There are a variety of artifacts that can be seeked by Aramia, or Aldmor Artisan, drawn from the graveyard by Aldmor Scavenger, and converted to allies as needed by Wand of Izikus. In order to fund this shadow energy decadence you need to set up a few different combos to generate shadow energy.

The most efficient is using Aldmor Accelerators and recycling with Scavenger. Given it uses durability it also can activate Trading Port when using the last point so save this if you do not have a 4 cost artifact in hand, or cannot get one on your next turn.

Another method is if you are able to get multiple Darklight Apprentice in play to generate more shadow energy than you use, who can be kept alive by The Last Harvest, which can also be reused thanks to Scavenger.

And last but not least is recycling of Shadow Cannons.

The lack of high cost weapon or armour destruction can hurt, but if you are trying to tech you need a low cc option or the momentum loss will kill you anyway, so I would try Poor Quality if you feel you need it.
    Last edited by Keaven; 07-20-2017 at 04:50 AM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.