Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Let's talk balance!

Hi all!

What with the upcoming Shadow Token sale and opportunities for new people to get involved in designing and balancing the cards, it seems like a good time to gather your feedback on the current state of the game. 3.17 has been out quite a while now, so I reckon a 3.18 would be nice to have!

For that to happen, we need to know which cards to change and what changes to make!

Usually, it's what needs changing that I care about most, as coming up with the actual changes is a lot bigger task that falls into the hands of the designer really. But, this time, I'd like to open it up for you to pitch actual changes too. I see this as a great way for each of you to help the game and also anyone who wishes to be considered for a designer role can show off their designer talents.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Please focus only on SF and LL, since DP and CotC are not going to change unless the new Board of Directors and Token Holders approve changing them.

Thanks!

p.s. It's my intention to stay aboard the Design Team, although not do as much going forwards. I have a new full-time job now, so will just be involved with Shadow Era in my free time outside work (like how I started out).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Return vermin/sorcerer to previous state

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    Return vermin/sorcerer to previous state
    Hi there. Thanks for taking part. I was hoping for something a bit different to what you were asking for months ago.

As should be evident from 3.17 (compared to 3.16), changing them solved something that we saw as a problem for the game, which was explained at length beforehand (in terms of the current state and where we wanted to be), so reverting them is not an option.

But other changes are possible (to these cards or others) to resolve whatever issues you think you now see. So please elaborate based on actual 3.17 - if it all played out exactly as you predicted when the 3.17 changes were announced then feel free to cut and paste what you wrote a few months ago!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are these changes merely limited to the cards themselves, or can we suggest changes to the rules of the game? I.E., let's be able to declare blockers.
    House Lannister
    "Hear Me Roar!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i actually like it this way. maybe it would be good if you were able to declare blockers only when your hero is attacked, but i find the possibility of deciding what threats to deal with first rather refreshing.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i believe the game is as balanced as it could be. homunculus tribe is a bit stronger than the rest but i have no problem with that.
    i would actually like to see some rarely used cards beefed up so we get more competitive decks.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    CP Buff suggestions:

Black Adder:
    Change it to "When enters combat, that ally is poisoned"

Red Eyed Wogg
    Reduce activation cost to 1

Tree top spider
    It needs something. Shadow and human have too many better options. Perhaps this: if Tree top spider is killed by an ally, that ally is poisoned.

Great Bear
    Changed to "while in combat" and increased to allies 4cc or less.

Brigand Capt
    Give him an activation ability.. something like 0cc: Target other Outlaw gains ambush until the end of the turn.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My opinion: there's a lot of cards never played (I.e: who play with campfire seriously ??)

My suggestion is to modify them drastically in order to make it playable. Let's buff all unused cards

Envoyé de mon D6603 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great ideas Bluejet!

I'll try and follow in your example:

Caravan Smuggler: 0:sacrifice caravan smuggler and take 2 damage
    Pillaging Arsonist: increase health to 4
    Eastroad Bandit: either lose meek or increase attack to 4
    Darkwood Panther: add: when panther is damaged it gains ambush
    Brigand Captain: friendly bandits have +1 attack AND immunity to enemy attachments-kind of goes nice with the bandit thing..stealing, disarming and lockpicking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister0 View Post
    Are these changes merely limited to the cards themselves, or can we suggest changes to the rules of the game? I.E., let's be able to declare blockers.
    That would be a different game. Also, we can't do that. A fundamental of Shadow Era is that the active player is the only one who can do anything each turn. If a mechanic required the opposing player to do anything at all (even make a choice), we've broken the game.