Close

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's a "decentralized exchange" which means that you can easily sell your tokens for bitcoin or ethereum at the market rate, or set a target price to buy or sell like a stock exchange. An easy to use online wallet is at http://waveswallet.io and it's worth checking out!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi everyone:
    If you are interested on how it works the Waves Platform Lite Client I made an easy Tutorial. You will know how to create the wallet and do all the things related, from the creation of the wallet to trade your tokens on the DEX(Decentralized Exchange).
    Here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1899154.0
    Have a really nice time!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi everybody ...
    Perhaps a noob question but ... Why is there ALREADY some ShadowToken for sale on WAVES Platform ??
    Sold by the regular adress : ETLzrCpBqTrpyuMGdiVLBPZnUoKwte88oVdJjoFi5R2h

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...8667Shadow.jpg
    Last edited by Erestor; 07-23-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess Kyle inadvertently put a few tokens out there ahead of schedule....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately I paid a very small amount out in consulting fees early, so they went and listed them at crazy prices in order to trick people to buy it. The token sale will start on August 1st at 9am EDT, but it's still a free market.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi Kyle,
    hope you don't mind i reply to your post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...65#msg20360465 here cause i'm lazy to create new acc in the other forum.

Regarding translations, it's more complicated for a card game where the wording has to be exact. The GUI has been translated but not the cards yet. I hope that as the game gets more popular in other countries, that will be high on the priority list!
    There have been community driven translation works already completed for some languages e.g. Chinese language done from CC till LL. All Wulven (or the new Board in this case) has to do is to find the method to implement it. I understood there are more than dozen of languages which will take time to translate them all, but the completed one can already being implemented while others to be followed

The GUI translation also needs to be corrected, e.g. the Chinese translation for 'Top Player' is actually 'Top Footballer'

for us Malaysian, English is always preferred, but there are many others who had difficulties in understanding English and this game need to reach out to them if you want to grow further

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cryptos are immensely popular lately in my country of origin, as electricity for mining is cheap and a lot of people are unemployed or with small wages. There is going to be a lot of crying when the current bubble bursts.

And the bubble is currently rising mostly because of ICOs, despite the fact that over half of them are complete scams, with most others being dishonest or misleading in some major way. And why wouldn't they be, tokens are not shares, you can't sue Kyle for misleading you into buying them.

So, what's going on here? Well, without insight into earnings and expenditures I can't say anything for sure, but if I was a betting man, I'd wager that Kyle is looking for a payday from his dying game, with also a cut for the developers involved. Shadow Era is most likely doomed afterwards, as probably there won't be enough income to keep the development going, so players would slowly leave until there is no income to keep the servers up.

Why did the game fail is hard to say. Leading cause of businesses failing has always been poor management and with long string of broken promises and clearly lazy development, there are reasons to look in that direction. However, we shouldn't disregards very generous F2P system this game uses (which brought me to it in the first place) and current over-saturation of digital TCG market.

Though everything is not necessarily gloom and doom, with some angel investors the game could turn the corner, drop the bad decisions of the past and rise anew. I wouldn't bet on that scenario, though.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Shadow Tokens

@morbius With that perspective, I assume you won't be buying any tokens, and that's fine!

But there's not really any need to write off the game at this stage (or place any bets if you're not buying anything) when the board of directors don't start until 1st August. Give us a fair chance to win you over with our plans and progress please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What happen to stuff being released before the 1st..single player update etc?
    Lets be clear...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    @morbius With that perspective, I assume you won't be buying any tokens, and that's fine!

But there's not really any need to write off the game at this stage (or place any bets if you're not buying anything) when the board of directors don't start until 1st August. Give us a fair chance to win you over with our plans and progress please.
    Actually, the first thing I thought when heard about this was to buy a couple of tokens, as I used to be avid player of SE. I eventually left it for Faeria as it had Linux client that SE lacked, before quitting TCGs entirely.

As I mentioned (and as others should be aware), this is not company going public and issuing shares. Tokens have very little legal weight, there are many ways for Kyle to swindle investors and leave laughing all the way to the bank. Even if we can trust Kyle not to do anything dishonest, like dump his debts on the succeeding enterprise, the game will still be developed by the same programmers who haven't exactly shined in that role over the years.

So, there are many discouraging signs, but I wouldn't say that it's certain that the game will meet its doom.