Close

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cargoth View Post
    thx for your feedback and interest Gondorian!
    I applied not because of the money but because I would really like to be a part of this as i believe SE is a great product.
    I will write a rather long explanation later, im stuck with mobile atm.
    probably best to pm it though, dont want to derail too much

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I got the PM. Getting involved for the love of the game is a good enough reason, and making it into top 100 token holders would mean playing with all foil decks!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Shadow Tokens

Hi all.

Just thought I'd bump this announce that our one and only King of Lore, NachyoChez, will be rejoining us very soon, after taking three years away from SE to forge a new career as a software developer.

He will be joining Kyle and me on the Board of Directors, and also hopes to do more lore, more card design and also some coding (he's clearly not seen the scary code-base yet!), dependent on how much time he can allocate here. But certainly having the man behind at least 80% of the revealed lore (and most of the future story) back in the fold bodes really well for the future of the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gondorian View Post
    hi all.

Just thought i'd bump this announce that our one and only king of lore, nachyochez, will be rejoining us very soon, after taking three years away from se to forge a new career as a software developer.

He will be joining kyle and me on the board of directors, and also hopes to do more lore, more card design and also some coding (he's clearly not seen the scary code-base yet!), dependent on how much time he can allocate here. But certainly having the man behind at least 80% of the revealed lore (and most of the future story) back in the fold bodes really well for the future of the game.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! Welcome back my nachyo friend!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OMG! The Chez is back w a vengeance!

Very good news and welcome back!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi !

I’m a brand new player, but I have a little experience in crypto, so I will try to give my opinion – As a French player, English is not my native language, so it may be a bit difficult for me to find the correct words – I apologize for that.
    Before starting, I will say that I will be very proud to put some Bitcoin in this project : this game is so cool !
    But there is something I don't understand, something that let me think this will go wrong ... I will try to explain you why :

Let's take an example : a strong "real" TCG, who release to new rare cards, "A" and "B".
    We all know that physical cards are traded for real money. But what will make card "A" to be very expensive, and card "B" to loose most of it's value ?
    Usefulness.
    Both are rare, but card A gives the opportunity to build many interesting decks, and card "B" is of very limited use. So everyone wants card "A", and the price is growing. But nobody wants card "B", and the value of the card, when you try to sell id for "real money" is very close to, if not, zero.

The value of something, in real or in crypto world, is haw useful the thing is. Useful, you can trade it for another useful thing of same value - or you think is of same value - like trading the "A" card for some cash.

You will create in a few days a lot of Shadow Tokens. People who love this game, who trust you, who have faith in it's future will certainly buy a lot of token.
    But then ?
    What will be the usefulnes of Shadow Tokens, once we have plenty of it ?
    What can we buy with it ? Why would someone trade BTC for Shadow tokens in 6 month ?

Like the "A" Card I mentioned erlier, Shadow Tokens need to be useful in some ways - or they will become like my "B" card.
    As you said, there are some "passive" uses for the Shadow ToKen; but who will spend xxxx € to only get some Epic Avatar or a Foiled Deck ?

Everybody wants to Shadow token to takes walue - You, Kyle, in first place : You're hiring staff, and each position will be paid monthly in Shadow Tokens !
    Actually this crypto-thing is a kind of crowdfunding, and has nothing to do with real ICO in my opinion : You need something more : the opportunity to spend this money.

How can we do that ? let’s take an example I know a bit, another cards game like Shadow Era (but action-oriented) I was involved in.
    Like you, they created a crypto money, and early backers bought a lot.
    Then, each week, they created a new, unique cryto Card, with it's token counterpart : For exampler 5.000 "Erestor Card" represented by 5.000 "Erestor Token".
    The only way to get that Erestor Card is you have 1 Erestor Token in your wallet.
    And this Erestor Token may only be bought with Shadow Token, let's say for example 1 Erestor Token = 0.5 Shadow Token.

So what appends ? Players who wants that cards will need Shadow Token : Early investors will do that easily, but new players (or old players with no Shadow Token), f the really wants that card (for collection, or in-game play), will buy Shadow Tokens - and the Shadow Token price will rise !
    If the "Erestor Card" is pretty good, it's price will rise to. I may for exemple be tempted to sell mine, if the increased price is now 1 or 2 shadow Token.
    Is the "Erestor Card" is of no real use in-game, well it's price will remain average, or may even drop.

In both case, "the Game" is the winner : Shadow Token is now a currency with a real use, so people sell and buy it.

Marc

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As for financial details, a complete report is coming in about a week that will go into details probably never before publicly revealed for any live game.
    How's this coming along? This was two weeks ago ... so hoping to see something soon (TM)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks good, how do I apply for a position
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by frost09 View Post
    looks good, how do I apply for a position

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....for-Shadow-Era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Erestor so far we have focused on reasons to buy and hold Shadow Tokens, things like profit share, daily rewards, in-game perks, and voting rights. It means that players will want to keep their ST because it gives long-term value. So if everyone keeps it, price goes up because there is more demand. We will probably consider some items for sale with ST but not anything pay2win.

@trevorJacobs Update for the complete whitepaper is by August 1st. I have been busy organizing several things such as forming the Board of Directors and starting promotion of the ICO. I am focusing on the single player campaigns next week and hope to have that out first, to boost confidence in the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unacceptable.

As someone who is considering investing between 2 and 5 thousand, I mean no ill will toward Kyle but I won't put a penny in if you're still onboard. I'm not the kind of guy to go around imposing my views on your intentions, but it's pretty universally agreed upon that you've fallen short on deadlines, promises, kickstarter agreements, your own product announcements, and many features.

This can only work if you leave. My only hope of my hobby surviving was that you were leaving. I have zero faith in this game surviving if you're still on board. You have to go in order for us to save it.

I promise I'm not the only one with this view. You will leave or see a substantial decrease in investments.
    Last edited by streetsahead; 07-16-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014