Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amen. The whole thing is hard to understand because no communication

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    The original post says 28% for the development team - http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....to-the-Players
    The bitcointalk thread says 18%
    Now 10% how?

Sorry for so many questions but it seems the allocation is becoming a moving target and it is hard to understand.
    It's quite simple. Kyle was originally keeping 20% but then decided to give 5% to SF kickstarter backers. Then another 5% on the bounty. That leaves 18% for developers now (10 for him and 8 for me).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It's quite simple. Kyle was originally keeping 20% but then decided to give 5% to SF kickstarter backers. Then another 5% on the bounty. That leaves 18% for developers now (10 for him and 8 for me).
    I'm a kickstarter backer: how many tokens do I have?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    I'm a kickstarter backer: how many tokens do I have?
    It should get split based on the amount you pledged. There's records of all that. You'll need to claim your tokens in some way to be revealed by Kyle at some point. I'm sorry but I don't have any more details.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello folks! The whitepaper has been released at http://shadowtoken.io/shadowtoken_whitepaper.pdf (best if you download it to read)

I'll try to answer any questions you might still have, but everything should be explained there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Hello folks! The whitepaper has been released at http://shadowtoken.io/shadowtoken_whitepaper.pdf (best if you download it to read)

I'll try to answer any questions you might still have, but everything should be explained there.
    Wow. Very light on detail - not much more than has been released already to be honest. I will reply more fully tomorrow, but almost of my original questions are unanswered. Disappointed.

Also - any word on single player campaign, promised to be delivered by now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All of my potential questions are unanswered but I would start with the most basic due diligence.

1. Is Shadow Era Profitable? The whitepaper explains that ARPDAU is an indicator of profits, and that ARPPU could lead to potential profits and that increasing MAU can drive profits. No wear does Shadow Era claim to be profitable. Is it profitable in the current fiscal year, or the previous?

2. How will profits be determined, before or after owner drawings/salary?

3. If all shadow tokens are sold how will more tokens be generated for profit share? There is only a finite amount held in reserve/operations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    All of my potential questions are unanswered but I would start with the most basic due diligence.

1. Is Shadow Era Profitable? The whitepaper explains that ARPDAU is an indicator of profits, and that ARPPU could lead to potential profits and that increasing MAU can drive profits. No wear does Shadow Era claim to be profitable. Is it profitable in the current fiscal year, or the previous?

2. How will profits be determined, before or after owner drawings/salary?

3. If all shadow tokens are sold how will more tokens be generated for profit share? There is only a finite amount held in reserve/operations.
    1. Shadow Era has always been profitable, but that was the past. The new Board of Directors will make their budget going forward. Fixed operating costs are small, more than enough room for the Board to hire new developers to meet their budget.

2. There is no "owner", the tokens represent 100% ownership of Shadow Era and it is operated by a Trust company. Profits are of course determined as income minus expenses. The Board will probably want to budget some income to be reinvested into growth for awhile to scale up.

3. Tokens can't be generated, if the operating pool is exhausted then they must be purchased on the open market. This was intended to ensure liquidity for people wanting to sell.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What were the sales in the past 12 months?
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    What were the sales in the past 12 months?
    If it's not in the whitepaper, then there's no answer available. Yearly historical sales figures are kept private as there's no way to verify it anyway. The sale is for the digital and physical assets, and the new team will be taking over and running the show. They may be able to provide more info about their budget in the coming weeks.