Close

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So this will be the only ICO in history without a whitepaper? All ICO have a whitepaper (plan). Shadow era has no plan in writing? Only a request for funding. It seems that this is a very big risk even when compared to any other altcoin.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crispy I'm sure the Board members will devise one as soon as they can. They don't takes control until another day

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The way I see it is that those who go in on Day One at the lowest price will be taking the highest risk but could gain the most. As tokens are sold, Kyle will be raising the price and obviously more info will come out during that time too, which reduces the risk but you came in at higher price.
    You're kidding, right? This is absolutely not how sales of this kind work. I don't see why you're defending Kyle! Admittedly, there's a few hours remaining - but assuming this is not forthcoming, he's manifestly failed on yet another promise. I've said before about the sale being all about confidence - which Kyle continues to undermine.

To my mind, it's unspeakable that Kyle is going ahead with the sale having provided zero information.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's still unseemly that Kyle said he was going to release full financial info by a date in early July, but hasn't revealed it by the middle of the last day before the ICO. Why promise a whitepaper BEFORE the ICO and then string everybody along?

I suppose there could be a valid reason for the date to slip this way, but it hasn't even been acknowledged by Kyle, yet, and he only has twelve hours or so to explain everything.

This doesn't seem to be getting off to a very good start....

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    So this will be the only ICO in history without a whitepaper? All ICO have a whitepaper (plan). Shadow era has no plan in writing? Only a request for funding. It seems that this is a very big risk even when compared to any other altcoin.
    You'll notice I dodged the question of whether there would be one, rather than say there wouldn't be. Kyle is on it now and it will be available before the ICO opens.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    It's still unseemly that Kyle said he was going to release full financial info by a date in early July, but hasn't revealed it by the middle of the last day before the ICO. Why promise a whitepaper BEFORE the ICO and then string everybody along?

I suppose there could be a valid reason for the date to slip this way, but it hasn't even been acknowledged by Kyle, yet, and he only has twelve hours or so to explain everything.

This doesn't seem to be getting off to a very good start....
    This is still the end of one chapter. The start happens when the new board takes over.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please STOP calling this an ICO - Kyle is not offering shares in the company, just selling tokens. And he's yet fully to articulate what that means.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Please STOP calling this an ICO - Kyle is not offering shares in the company, just selling tokens. And he's yet fully to articulate what that means.
    Sorry! Kyle has a thread going on bitcointalk.org and is most definitely referring to the kickoff as an ICO

If he isn't selling crypto-currency he has chosen a strange place and peculiar partners....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Please STOP calling this an ICO - Kyle is not offering shares in the company, just selling tokens.
    That is an ICO.

You're thinking of IPO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    That is an ICO.

You're thinking of IPO.
    Nope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_coin_offering

"The term is often confused with 'token sale' or crowdsale, which refers to a method of selling participation in an economy, giving investors access to the features of a particular project starting at a later date. ICOs, on the other hand, sell a right of ownership or royalties to a project."

As I understand it, Kyle is not selling ownership.