Close

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've already paid for your products. I've purchased them with my hard earned money. I'm guessing I've spent about 2 thousand dollars.
    Now, I feel like I'm being asked to spend again for product I've already purchased. " Give me money to save the product you own since I've managed things poorly."

I'M actually ok with this, assuming I'll get a say in the future of the game moving forward.

WHAT I'M NOT OK WITH IS PAYING YOU A SECOND TIME FOR PRODUCT I'VE ALREADY PURCHASED IF YOU INTEND TO STAY ON BOARD AND COLLECT MONEY FROM A COMPANY YOU'VE ALREADY PROVEN YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY DRIVE INTO THE DIRT.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @streetsahead

If Kyle were not involved at all, I think this game would be dead (and would never have existed either). Kyle's vision for the game is sound and he needs to stay involved, in the short-term at least, to ensure we don't go in the wrong direction.

This is why he's not just sold it to an outsider and why he's not been able to install a direct replacement for himself, even on the board with others. There is no one fit to replace him as the visionary. The SE way is not your traditional TCG way, and I think the game still being around six years later despite slow development is living proof that it's a good way that can work; meanwhile, new games with bigger budgets and more hype ("SE killers") have come along and died in this time!

So my point here is that the main issues with SE have never been the vision, but the execution, and Kyle has recently admitted that he's been the bottleneck blocking that execution for some time. With that in mind, I think continuing without Kyle at all would be a huge mistake. I certainly would not feel as confident in the forthcoming reorganisation if Kyle was just going to leave us to run it in his absence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    @Erestor so far we have focused on reasons to buy and hold Shadow Tokens, things like profit share, daily rewards, in-game perks, and voting rights. It means that players will want to keep their ST because it gives long-term value. So if everyone keeps it, price goes up because there is more demand. We will probably consider some items for sale with ST but not anything pay2win.
    Hi, kyle, and thanks for you answer.

"if everyone keeps it, price goes up because there is more demand" ... I don't think crypto-things goes that way. A currency, fiat or crypto, need to "change hands" many many time a days to fluctuate. If does not, it's no more a currency, and it dies, foe people slowy go away, loking for a true living product, with both risk and opportunies.

"not anything pay2win" I may be wrong, but ShadowEra is alreay a pay to win game, IMO. Players spend hundred, Thousand dollars maybe to buy crystals, to get better cards or the cards they need.
    No difference IMO with the fact to buy Shadow Token - You're simply replacing Crystals with Shadow token, and Gold with Card token. But you create something new, something very benefical for both you and the players. The crypto cards will take (or lose) value, so people will need to buy (an sell) Shadow Token in response : and that will make Shadow Token a LIVING currency !

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Shadow Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Erestor View Post
    "not anything pay2win" I may be wrong, but ShadowEra is alreay a pay to win game, IMO. Players spend hundred, Thousand dollars maybe to buy crystals, to get better cards or the cards they need.
    The people spending hundreds of dollars are doing it partly to chase foils and mostly to support the game they love. You can easily get a playset (4 of every card) for $100 if you buy your SC when there's a deal on. Or spend even less if you play regularly in tournaments and do well. That's a model that suits a large and growing player-base where no one feels like they are priced-out from the start. You can build one of the top decks for less than $5. If we can spend some more on marketing, I think this relatively cheap entry point will pay off a lot.

If we made certain cards only attainable by holding Shadow Tokens then I think we would seriously shoot ourselves in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, kyle, and thanks for you answer.

"if everyone keeps it, price goes up because there is more demand" ... I don't think crypto-things goes that way. A currency, fiat or crypto, need to "change hands" many many time a days to fluctuate. If does not, it's no more a currency, and it dies, foe people slowy go away, loking for a true living product, with both risk and opportunies.

No difference IMO with the fact to buy Shadow Token - You're simply replacing Crystals with Shadow token, and Gold with Card token. But you create something new, something very benefical for both you and the players. The crypto cards will take (or lose) value, so people will need to buy (an sell) Shadow Token in response : and that will make Shadow Token a LIVING currency !
    SE is the absolute opposite of p2w. It is generally considered too f2p for its own good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    If we made certain cards only attainable by holding Shadow Tokens then I think we would seriously shoot ourselves in the foot.
    Or maybe you will encourage players unaware of crypto-technology to discover it, to spend a little bit money to get Shadow Token the way they spend 100$ in fiat money?
    You are selling so many Shadow Token.... You need to attract not only "faithful Shadow Era players", but crypto-investors too ! And to do that, Shadow Token should be a very attractive product - or Investors will place their BTC elsewhere, I'm afraid.
    Did you make some tests on popular Crypto-Slack, talking about the projet ?
    I'm reading some of it ... nobody is talking about that. Even on the WavesPlatform Slack !
    And when I receive a comment, it's a hard one : " they are just inventing a token with no actual use to raise funds" ...

Of course if you think you can do without the Crypto community, working only with hardcore players, it's fine.
    Last edited by Erestor; 07-16-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    @streetsahead

If Kyle were not involved at all, I think this game would be dead (and would never have existed either). Kyle's vision for the game is sound and he needs to stay involved, in the short-term at least, to ensure we don't go in the wrong direction.

This is why he's not just sold it to an outsider and why he's not been able to install a direct replacement for himself, even on the board with others. There is no one fit to replace him as the visionary. The SE way is not your traditional TCG way, and I think the game still being around six years later despite slow development is living proof that it's a good way that can work; meanwhile, new games with bigger budgets and more hype ("SE killers") have come along and died in this time!

So my point here is that the main issues with SE have never been the vision, but the execution, and Kyle has recently admitted that he's been the bottleneck blocking that execution for some time. With that in mind, I think continuing without Kyle at all would be a huge mistake. I certainly would not feel as confident in the forthcoming reorganisation if Kyle was just going to leave us to run it in his absence.
    Agree 100%. Kyle must be in the board of directors at least in the short-term. There are issues related to the game management, such as specific roles and activities that the new board of directors must learn in order to guarantee a good transition between the old and new board members. Like it or not Kyle has the experience and the "know how" and he needs to transmit that knowledge to the new members.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LOL streetsahead, that's a bit harsh man. But I kind of get your point, even if it does sound a bit... ungrateful.

I definitely am willing to help in the transition to make sure it's a success. Shadow Era is my baby and it's time to let go, but I'm going to do everything I can to help out along the way.

If you would like to discuss in more detail what your ideas are, you can find me on Skype or Facebook chat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And when I receive a comment, it's a hard one : " they are just inventing a token with no actual use to raise funds" ...
    Well, I thought the website made it pretty clear what the use was...

Monthly Cash Rewards

Share in the profits, paid directly to your Waves account, as good as cash.

Epic Avatar

Stand out from the crowd with an epic avatar and colored chat text.

Foiled Deck

The top 100 token holders will play with a completely foiled version of their deck.

Daily Crystals

Publicly Traded

Buy and sell Shadow Tokens at any time on an anonymous decentralized exchange.

Voting Rights

Have your say and vote on the direction and development of the game.

The profit share is huge for investors, voting rights for those who want a say in the game's direction, publicly traded to ensure liquidity, and the other stuff are great for long-term players. Pretty useful already! But I do think it's good to consider more uses for it, such as buying premium not-OP things or cosmetic items.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    LOL streetsahead, that's a bit harsh man. But I kind of get your point, even if it does sound a bit... ungrateful.

I definitely am willing to help in the transition to make sure it's a success. Shadow Era is my baby and it's time to let go, but I'm going to do everything I can to help out along the way.

If you would like to discuss in more detail what your ideas are, you can find me on Skype or Facebook chat
    Ungrateful?? Should he be grateful that you took his money, along with many others and failed to deliver your product. Sounds like someone is trying milk this dying game for every penny it's worth before it crashes and burns. Glad no, proud to say I haven't spent a penny on this game, my hard earned dollars are in the hands of at least one less swindler, conman, or how about thief, that sounds pretty accurate.