Close

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It was just for August.
    Aw man, either didn't read or forgot that. Any chance Easy Buy will be available again? Sitting at 466 SHDW, was gonna try to make it an even number (my OCD)
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Same for me!
    Would Buy more using Easy Buy, if available.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzta View Post
    Same for me!
    Would Buy more using Easy Buy, if available.
    Easy Buy would be at a much worse price than you can get on the open market now. Just get some BitCoin/ETH/Waves and snap up some bargains.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Board:

Do you feel the drop in shadow token price warrants a Board-approved purchase of tokens at this time (buy low, sell high), or is the market too volatile right now?

Also, will there be opportunities for token holders to vote on key issues in the near future? And can we expect any kind of scheduled cadence to voting-meetings (i.e.: quarterly?) or simply as the needs arise to have a community vote?
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    @Board:

Do you feel the drop in shadow token price warrants a Board-approved purchase of tokens at this time (buy low, sell high), or is the market too volatile right now?

Also, will there be opportunities for token holders to vote on key issues in the near future? And can we expect any kind of scheduled cadence to voting-meetings (i.e.: quarterly?) or simply as the needs arise to have a community vote?
    Hi Bayfighter. The Board will not be buying tokens to play the market (i.e. buy low, sell high) but only as required to be able to pay board members and contractors their tokens for work. The low price now represents a great opportunity for players to buy in though.

For token-holder voting, we will be using this as key issues arise that require token-holder input. There is nothing on the horizon at this time, but this could change if there is sufficient support from token-holders for an issue to be voted on. Until then, we will continue doing the high-level directing as a Board. If you have something specific in mind that you think might need a token-holder vote, please let us know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My account is no longer rewarding me with the amount of tokens in my connected waves wallet. Need help!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valique View Post
    My account is no longer rewarding me with the amount of tokens in my connected waves wallet. Need help!
    This could be because the price of Shadow Tokens has dropped, which caused you to own less than $15 worth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    This could be because the price of Shadow Tokens has dropped.
    not a good news ...
    Shadow Dragons
    IGN: SD Fab Ulous
    Telegram: @Fabb_Ulous
    Shadow Dragons Website: dragons.altervista.org
    Shadow Dragons Twitter: @ShadowDragonsSE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SHDW is down around 20% its initial value (actually as of this exact moment it's at like, 11%, but I'll assume it'll bump up again). I mean, stock prices go up, they go down. Maybe now's a good time to buy?

The thing that sucks though is this idea that those that paid into the system to get the perks would get booted out because the stock price drops, which they frankly had nothing to do with, and double-punishes them for buying high.

They either should be locked in when they purchased, or there's a real-time ranking of shareholders and the top ____ get the perks, so if someone buys more tokens than you, you could get booted off.

Also, have shareholders been getting their profit-sharing dividends yet? If not, what exactly is the structure in place for that? I was never exactly clear on how this part worked. In most dividend-earning stocks, one would get paid a certain amount each month, usually in cash (or a non-stock currency), at which point it would be up to the shareholder whether they want to reinvest it by buying themselves more shares (at the current market price, which right now is very low), or they can withdraw the cash.

I'm especially curious about this since the trading volume is so low, and the overall supply of shares is also pretty low (and fixed).

(asking as a disinterested party that is interested in maybe buying now that the price is low).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greasypig View Post
    SHDW is down around 20% its initial value (actually as of this exact moment it's at like, 11%, but I'll assume it'll bump up again). I mean, stock prices go up, they go down. Maybe now's a good time to buy?

The thing that sucks though is this idea that those that paid into the system to get the perks would get booted out because the stock price drops, which they frankly had nothing to do with, and double-punishes them for buying high.

They either should be locked in when they purchased, or there's a real-time ranking of shareholders and the top ____ get the perks, so if someone buys more tokens than you, you could get booted off.

Also, have shareholders been getting their profit-sharing dividends yet? If not, what exactly is the structure in place for that? I was never exactly clear on how this part worked. In most dividend-earning stocks, one would get paid a certain amount each month, usually in cash (or a non-stock currency), at which point it would be up to the shareholder whether they want to reinvest it by buying themselves more shares (at the current market price, which right now is very low), or they can withdraw the cash.

I'm especially curious about this since the trading volume is so low, and the overall supply of shares is also pretty low (and fixed).

(asking as a disinterested party that is interested in maybe buying now that the price is low).
    Profit sharing via a dividend-like payment doesn't make sense at this stage since we need the income to get things moving and we assume most Token Holders agree with this because no one has yet come looking for some profits.

In terms of whether now is the right time to buy, there's not actually much SHDW for the current low market rate available. Sell orders are a lot higher. The market rate is just whatever the last trade was at, meaning someone could sell a handful of SHDW at a very low price and that drops the market rate.