Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rogue decks are already very consistent in setting up their main draw engine, IGG, thanks to Aldmor Artisan, and have several other good options, so much that they can go far beyond 40 cards in their decks and still consistently keep drawing cards. Dhalia would make their consistency even better with setting up draw and offer even more, since rogues have access to variety of effective tools for different match ups and situations. It was a very old card idea that we figured we might as well try. However in testing it showed a bit broken for mentioned reasons. Rogues clearly do not need more options for effective draw.
    New version offers a flavorful removal for rogues and should be especially interesting for Lance, who has been struggling against Braxnorian Soldier ever since Dark Prophecies.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Rogue decks are already very consistent in setting up their main draw engine, IGG, thanks to Aldmor Artisan, and have several other good options, so much that they can go far beyond 40 cards in their decks and still consistently keep drawing cards. Dhalia would make their consistency even better with setting up draw and offer even more, since rogues have access to variety of effective tools for different match ups and situations. It was a very old card idea that we figured we might as well try. However in testing it showed a bit broken for mentioned reasons. Rogues clearly do not need more options for effective draw.
    New version offers a flavorful removal for rogues and should be especially interesting for Lance, who has been struggling against Braxnorian Soldier ever since Dark Prophecies.
    for Lance to use Dalia to kill Brax, Dalia needs to discard a 6cc weapon...I understand why the card was changed, but it now seems so bad when at first it was so good.

The same thing happened to SoE and Vermin...they were great initially, but every time they keep getting changed with ability not on summon, they are too weak...great cards get made so bad. Hoping there is some re-evaluating once the cards are released live as I have a feeling I'll be switching heroes (finally)...and by the way, Dalia should just be able to discard target "card" with x cost rather than discarding target "weapon". Her 5 health is already squishy. So many better 5cc allies.
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 03-26-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lost Lands Part 2 Rogue Class Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    for Lance to use Dalia to kill Brax, Dalia needs to discard a 6cc weapon...I understand why the card was changed, but it now seems so bad when at first it was so good.

The same thing happened to SoE and Vermin...they were great initially, but every time they keep getting changed with ability not on summon, they are too weak...great cards get made so bad. Hoping there is some re-evaluating once the cards are released live as I have a feeling I'll be switching heroes (finally)...and by the way, Dalia should just be able to discard target "card" with x cost rather than discarding target "weapon". Her 5 health is already squishy. So many better 5cc allies.
    It actually needs to discard 5cc or more weapon to kill Brax Soldier, which can be Anklebreaker or Dagger of Unmaking. So you need to tweak your deck a bit to accommodate few more weapons, or weapon recycle or Ironmonger. But in return you get very effective removal.

Maybe some players from test server that actually played the card can give their impressions so far. From what I read, some had same initial reaction like you but slowly changed their mind after playing Dhalia.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 03-26-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can speak for what Veles is saying as I have now played several games with new Dhalia in Lance. I have played a ton of Lance in the past year and have always found 3 major issues for him. Mind Control was one but with the ban of reaper that will see less play I think. The second was Brax as there was no great way for dealing with him and using haste in the same turn without a lot of resources, but Dhalia kills brax and can be a great target for haste as well. The third is tanky allies like Fortified Wisp and Armored Sandworm. Again Dhalia is the perfect answer for these allies.

So while it is clearly worse for something like your fat Garth Shadow Mann, I still think that it is a great card in Lance at least, can't speak for other builds as I have not had the chance to test.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    I can speak for what Veles is saying as I have now played several games with new Dhalia in Lance. I have played a ton of Lance in the past year and have always found 3 major issues for him. Mind Control was one but with the ban of reaper that will see less play I think. The second was Brax as there was no great way for dealing with him and using haste in the same turn without a lot of resources, but Dhalia kills brax and can be a great target for haste as well. The third is tanky allies like Fortified Wisp and Armored Sandworm. Again Dhalia is the perfect answer for these allies.

So while it is clearly worse for something like your fat Garth Shadow Mann, I still think that it is a great card in Lance at least, can't speak for other builds as I have not had the chance to test.
    Thanks for the input...I'll definitely give her a try in Lance...and who knows, maybe MONSTER Garth will use her to discard an extra suriken and remove a fortified wisp. My thoughts come without any testing but wishing I had gotten to try her original version.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Thanks for the input...I'll definitely give her a try in Lance...and who knows, maybe MONSTER Garth will use her to discard an extra suriken and remove a fortified wisp. My thoughts come without any testing but wishing I had gotten to try her original version.
    People testing your deck with her is what got her nerfed. So maybe that can give a you little satisfaction.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    People testing your deck with her is what got her nerfed. So maybe that can give a you little satisfaction.
    LOL...consolation prize I guess!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn