Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Lost Lands Part 2 Rogue Class Spoilers

Greetings, players of Shadow Era. It's Gondorian here, Shadow Era TCG Head Designer, and I'm back to continue our new spoiler series for Lost Lands part 2, which will be focusing on each of our seven classes in turn. Last time (quite a while ago now), we had a look at the Mage class, and before that it were the Hunters and Warriors. This time, we've finally managed to track down the Rogues.

Without further ado, let's take a look:

ROGUE CARDS

Grave Robber - 2cc Rogue Ally - 1sword/3HP - When Grave Robber is summoned after your Turn 2, you may discard target card in your hand to put the top ally or item in target opponent's graveyard into your hand.

Covert Operative - 2cc Rogue Ally - 0sword/2HP - Stealth. When Covert Operative is summoned, you may return target opposing ally to its controller's hand; if you do, that player takes control of Covert Operative.

Rabble Rouser - 3cc Rogue Ally - 2sword/2HP - When Rabble Rouser is summoned, you draw a card and friendly Rogue allies have +2 attack and meek (they can't attack heroes) until the end of the turn.

Master of Disguise - 4cc Rogue Ally - 2sword/6HP - When Master of Disguise is discarded from anywhere, the bottom Rogue ally in your graveyard is shuffled into your deck and you draw a card.

Turncoat - 4cc Rogue Attachment - Attach to target opposing ally. At the start of each of its controller's turns, that ally does 2 damage to allies adjacent to it and they are poisoned.

Dhalia Blackrose - 5cc Rogue Ally - Unique - 4sword/3HP - When Dhalia Blackrose is summoned, you may seek an item with cost 5 or less. While you control no items, Dhalia has stealth.

Disguise Kit - 5cc Rogue Artifact - 2 durability - 1D: Target ally in your hand is discarded: each opponent discards a card from their hand at random.

Hopefully you like the look of those and you have some thoughts you'd like to share!

I would have loved to write more content for this, but I'm short on time and actually there's an argument for just putting them there without commentary from me, so let's see how it goes ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmm, looks to me Serena will benefit from these most. Apart from Covert operative nothing useful for Lance
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Disguise Kit plus Thoughtripper's Cutlass = opponent's discarded card is put in your hand ...

... another way for Serena to play with opponent's cards ... not sure how i feel about this ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There has been many spoilers but the question is whether they will be delivered and when? The financial status of Wulven worries me after Kyle made the game selling announcement

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    There has been many spoilers but the question is whether they will be delivered and when? The financial status of Wulven worries me after Kyle made the game selling announcement
    Please see my recent replies on the Sale of Shadow Era to the Players thread. I spent a couple of hours on that this morning for you guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Please see my recent replies on the Sale of Shadow Era to the Players thread. I spent a couple of hours on that this morning for you guys!
    You were far too brief in those
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I asked in that thread but I will ask here too. Why not code without art and use the money you make off them to purchase art? I think that most players would be fine with that at this point.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see Disguise Kit fits very nice in my Aldmor deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, Gondo! I'm excited to talk about about these.

Grave Robber - 2cc Rogue Ally - 1sword/3HP - When Grave Robber is summoned after your Turn 2, you may discard target card in your hand to put the top ally or item in target opponent's graveyard into your hand.
    Its great to see Turn based mechanics being used in cards other than Locations! However, I feel like it is kind of pointless for this card. I cant think of any likely interactions that would make this card overpowered. Was the thought process for this turn restriction to prevent undead decks from becoming less viable?? Seems to me like this card would be an excellent counter to Harbinger of the Lost if the Turn restriction was removed. Someone let me know if I am missing something, though.

Covert Operative - 2cc Rogue Ally - 0sword/2HP - Stealth. When Covert Operative is summoned, you may return target opposing ally to its controller's hand; if you do, that player takes control of Covert Operative.
    I like the concept of this. Seems like something that could be GREAT in the future, but is meh at the moment. I can understand why the opposing player needs to gain control of this, given the interaction it could have with Vozitian Orders and Good Contacts.

Rabble Rouser - 3cc Rogue Ally - 2sword/2HP - When Rabble Rouser is summoned, you draw a card and friendly Rogue allies have +2 attack and meek (they can't attack heroes) until the end of the turn.
    Yes! More on summon effects for Rogue allies, please!

Master of Disguise - 4cc Rogue Ally - 2sword/6HP - When Master of Disguise is discarded from anywhere, the bottom Rogue ally in your graveyard is shuffled into your deck and you draw a card.
    I must say, this is a pretty good card if you are playing a lot of Rogue allies, which I understand that all of these cards are trying to encourage the player to do. But I dont see a problem with extending its range to Rogue items as well. It would have more synergy with the different ways that Rogues can be played.
    It does, however, seem like you would draw a card even if you dont have an ally to shuffle -- so thats good. Let me know if I am wrong on that, though.

Turncoat - 4cc Rogue Attachment - Attach to target opposing ally. At the start of each of its controller's turns, that ally does 2 damage to allies adjacent to it and they are poisoned.
    Rogue seems to be adjacent to Mage, now!

This seems a bit costly for what it does, unfortunately. I dont think this should cost any more than 3cc. Otherwise, I would much rather use Garth's Concoction.

I suppose I can see Garth doing some interesting things with this, but it would be very rare to pull anything off that isnt subpar/gimicky.

Dhalia Blackrose - 5cc Rogue Ally - Unique - 4sword/3HP - When Dhalia Blackrose is summoned, you may seek an item with cost 5 or less. While you control no items, Dhalia has stealth.
    I love this card! Its exciting to see Rogues get a 5cc beater AND it has an AWESOME on summon effect -- this card fills a void that needed to be filled!

Im also happy to see another card that uses the Blood Moon kind of drawback. More cards should use this as a balancing tool, since it works so well for the Wulven class.

Disguise Kit - 5cc Rogue Artifact - 2 durability - 1D: Target ally in your hand is discarded: each opponent discards a card from their hand at random.
    Can't bring in new Rogue cards without at least one of them being an item! I love the idea behind this.. but I'm curious to see if I can break this card (make it OP). I should join the PFG!

Thanks again, Gondo!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Greetings, players of Shadow Era. It's Gondorian here, Shadow Era TCG Head Designer, and I'm back to continue our new spoiler series for Lost Lands part 2, which will be focusing on each of our seven classes in turn. Last time (quite a while ago now), we had a look at the Mage class, and before that it were the Hunters and Warriors. This time, we've finally managed to track down the Rogues.

Without further ado, let's take a look:

Glad I kept these around :3

I don't think I need to explain why this might finally see play now.

ROGUE CARDS

This sounds great to me! It's a pretty versatile ability and can be used to get key things back. My first thought is weapons for Serena or Hit List for the other Rogues. Not to mention you can discard Master of Disguise, giving you a cantrip too. The fact that you can get an item/ally from the opponent is also very handy.

EDIT: I misread the card. Not so sold on it now. Could still be handy as allies are always good and targeting master of disguise is still perfect for turning him into an ally that you may prefer otherwise.

People asked for this card, and now they have it. Since you have to bounce something, it seems pretty fair overall. The Rogue style retreat! I also see a lot of Rogues employing the help of a certain Sorcerer that pays attention to the number of allies your opponent has.

Seems good to me. If you're running a Rogue ally centric deck you'll likely have at least Nightshade out by Turn 3, and 3 Ambush damage isn't anything to ignore. He is a bit on the weaker side in stats though, at least with good contacts he'll be a 2cc ally.

Combos with Disguise Kit and Grave Robber, is a solid ally, especially if he goes down to being a 3cc.

4cc or not, with Covert Operative you can pretty much be certain that you can use this card since it only damages the allies next to it. Of course after awhile it will only deal damage to one, but that's still a consistent 2 damage every turn to an opposing ally. Not to mention Garth and Vision of Endia shenanigans. I might be wrong, but I'd keep an eye on this one.

Serena's lifeline. Assuming you've not play Hit List or Ill-Gotten Gains, she'll be stealthed till you play the weapon you're likely to nab. I like it quite a bit. Leaving it as an item instead of a weapon also opens it up to cool armor or items to be ran since you'll need less copies to make them viable.

Using this to discard Master of Disguise is fantastic. You could repair it with Metamorphic Cloak. With this and Serena's ability, you can starve opponent's late game. Also combos with Oliver Fagin

Hopefully you like the look of those and you have some thoughts you'd like to share!

I would have loved to write more content for this, but I'm short on time and actually there's an argument for just putting them there without commentary from me, so let's see how it goes ...
    Last edited by Demnchi; 06-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel