Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Colosal View Post
    Good initiative! I think you already did it in the past, am I right?

I'm convinced that tourney organizers has been, are and will be the blood of shadow era and they deserve the crystals not only to recognize their efforts but also to keep hosting in the future with more prizes (besides the ones sponsored for wulven itself).
    I completely agree. Please tell anyone who has run tournaments and needs SC to let me know here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping.Dragon View Post
    Greetings master Gondo!

Nice to see you back in business

If we talking about contribute... hmmm

I am hosting and design game tournaments and events internally for guild and also for the whole SE community.

Together with Xantese we created some sort of campaign and provided it with lore based on results of battles, sad but my partner retire from SE (but you still can read chapters of the our event by the link in my signature).

I am making some Photoshop freelance works and made some alternative art cards for SE and also few animated versions.
    Based on my poor design skills i support events and tourneys with posters, banners and some unique art-prizes.

Maybe someone can remember what more i have done for that years in SE, feel free to post it here.
    That is a lot, but also only a fraction of all you have done. Thank you so much for all of that. I particularly love the cards you come up with. They look very professional. Could you dig through some old posts to jog your memory, then share some links to what you unearth! It would be good to see!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    I'm one of the in game chat moderators, trying to keep the peace in global chat for the sake of the players.
    In addition, I was one of the most active PFG members, helping to test the cards and offer my insights into their balance as often as I could.

If any crystals are allocated my way, could they please be sent to my alt account, lunar moth?
    You have surely earned some for all you've done! Thank you. You need to ask for an amount though. I'll be back in 24 hours to see if you put anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    I've been here for a long time now, shadow era was in my life for 1/6 of the time .
    I think my biggest contributions to the game were discussions about balancing cards, as well as hosting quite a lot of tournaments. I also translated the Game into German with my guildmate, (even though it's still faulty in some menus).
    Wow, so that must make me one of your biggest influences. Sorry about that.

You did help a lot with balancing, even though you were not able to be in the PFG. You're old enough now, right? Either way, many thanks for all you have done. I don't suppose you need SC, but I'm here if you do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    Isn't this a faulty way to share masses of SC? It is clear that by doing this kind of giveaways would definitely have an effect on the amount of SC bought from Wulven - if players (new or old) get free crystals, their spending motivation and the game revenue will decrease, right? No SC bought = no game in the long run.
    Though I have nothing against the kindness of you Gondo, but just happened to consider this from the other perspective.
    I will admit, I did think briefly about this but then I dismissed it, because this really will be a small drop in the ocean compared to SC sales in general and this is rightfully rewarding people after the fact for good things they have done to help without expecting anything in return. I also think usually if you need SC then likely you will still need more afterwards and so this is kind of like helping to keep people hooked. (Sssh, don't tell anyone though.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    I'm sure not all have that, or then they have other SC sinks, like alts or foil sets. Dedicated people could be the likely ones to invest as they already have done so. Whether it affects a single 1$ purchase or more, we may not know but I wouldn't dare to say that similar events don't have any effect on total revenue (especially if there would be more these kind of large-scale giveaways). :think:

Still interested to see the real revenues of the game with the sale to the players as there is loads of people with accounts stacked with sc already.
    Well, Kyle didn't complain about it, so I think it can't be expected to affect sales. We all know he LOVES MONEY and is waiting to go on his next vacation with it.

Seriously though, the point about sales revenue is important and that will have to be revealed during the Sale of the Game to the Players when that is opened. Not that long to go now ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastMan View Post
    how about starting an SC pool for tournament organizers in honor of Caitlyn0? she always bumped up her prize pool, why not have an SC pool so others can bump up their prizes?
    That's good, but unrelated to this. If anyone needs a prize bump, they can apply to me by forum PM and make their case. Hopefully, I can help! Cheers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Cool, I got 8 posts in my multi-post streak challenge. Nowhere near the record but not bad.

Also, I have lowered the average size of my posts after those very long ones I posted this morning.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keep it up and you'll break 25k posts soon!
    Then you'll have to give SC to yourself.

But really I'm greatful you are willing to give out these SC to players new and old. It's a great booste from an honored leader of SE.
    I hope the word gets out and spreads in global chat and newer players, because if they found out. There's no way SE will die.

Gondo, thank you for everything, coding, dev work, the WCs and other tournies you've helped on (including Slugfest, currently).
    For leading the post count chase, and just being a staple of SE for these long years. The game would truly not be the same without you.

Now get on global and introduce a few noobs to just how dam good this game and community are!
    Ya lazy Britt!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Most of the people who've contributed a lot to the game are people who've been here a while and have a complete set. People who don't have a need to buy crystals anyways, and only ever do it to support the game. This is very unlikely to have an effect on revenue
    That's pretty accurate. Even without buying SC we have played so much we bought most of the cards from just winning gold.
    Might help the new players more to be honest, extra SC at start up to get them going.