Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Kyle / Wulven appreciation day!

This thread is to show appreciation and say thanks for all the hard work done by Kyle and the entire wulven team. I think you have done a remarkable job. I've seen a lot of negative feedback over the years.. Lots of criticisms and not enough encouragement.

Although I consider this game a decent success I don't known how wulven feels about it personally. Maybe it has proven to be too much work for too little reward. I could understand if there was disappointment on their end! The community seems hard to please.. No matter what you do or don't it seems to draw a flak and dissapointment.

I respect and appreciate the dedication/commitment of wulven to focus on getting the product right as opposed to focusing on the profitability side of things. I could imagine wulven looks at hearthstone and loses sleep at night; that's unfortunate. I play both games. I prefer shadow era for what it is, hearthstone for what it could be. Shadow era is my baby, it's what I play competitively. Hearthstone I occasionally grind for gold incase I intend to play more seriously in the future.

My advice for shadow era would to be increase the enjoyability of grinding for gold! Hearthstone is better in that area, it can keep me coming back in this way... A better way to grind and a more frequent release of cards would help to maintain a more active player base. You just need to find a way to convert that into some profit (easier said than done I know!) and you all deserve it for everything you have done.

Thank you!

*Edit: Gondorian deserves a mention by name too. What a saint for putting up with all the stupidity mine included and never ceasing to be a professional.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 06-01-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you decide to sell the game I can respect that too. Either way I wish you the best of luck!

Ps: Does anyone know if Kyle owns 100% of wulven? I was thinking about buying some Crystals at some point as a way to say thank you to Kyle.. But if he doesn't own 100% I'd rather just send him some money through PayPal ( I don't have much use for the crystals)

As a cheap bastard I have never spent any money playing this game, but as a cheap bastard I also know if it is money well spent.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 06-01-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well Said I wish wulven the best I tried my best to help wulven and the community out and to keep se alive it's a very good game but now all we can do is hope and wait but thanks for the legacy even though I only played for a year and a half

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TBH this game got me hooked on online card collecting games. I have tried quite a few now and still feel it's gameplay is the best -- it definitely has the smoothest and most interesting gameplay, some of the best deck building combinations, a wide variation of styles of play and one of the best sets of cards of any game.

For a small team they have done an amazing job.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    6 yrs and counting, well almost. That's how long I've played SE.
    I've watched the changes gotten involved and had the most fun with this game and community than any other online gaming experience! Hands down its a ton of fun and a whole lot of strategy. To keep my attention for this period of time is unheard of , yet SE has done it with so many players, as there are a lot of players around here who have been here longer. It's an eternity in gaming terms!

I've had the honor to interview Kyle (God knows where that thread is, new players section I think). But I remember him simply saying he had a vision for a CTCG, and I'm so very happy he made his vision come true and very happy I've played a tiny rolle in the SE world. I truly believe SE will continue. I'm not sure how, but it's simply to good and there are to many who love it.

There are to many to mention , to thank or recognize their part in this journey, so I'll stick w the man in the title.

Kyle, thanks man, thanks a lot!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awww thanks, pups

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love you Kyle.

Thanks.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Features I appreciate:

-Unified player base across all Mobile platforms
    -Monthly leaderboard reset is the right amount of time
    -Does f2p better than any other tcg
    -Diverse play styles and healthy meta, lots of viable heroes
    -Good gameplay balance, no unwinnable matchups
    -Drag and arrow system during gameplay is intuitive and much better than other clunky UI's (namely M:tG online)
    -Playtime for 1 match is perfect, easy to get in games on the go
    -Artstyle is not cartoony (ie Clash of Clans)
    -Forums and community grown organically by passionate players

These are just a few off the top of my head. Thanks to Kyle and Wulven! Wishing you much success during the upcoming transition!
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Same as kip, i have been playing SE with passion for 5-6 years. Thats an eternity for a game. For new players, SE is still exciting. Unfortunately for veteran players, it isn't anymore without new stuff. Without new stuff people will look for another game. Im still sticking around coz i still have a little hope, this game is amazing and the community is one of the best. However i don't think i can wait another 6 months or another year for new cards. Everybody is waiting for a new announcement before taking the final decision to stay or to leave. Selling to another company is probably better than selling it to players. Video games are hobbies, it isn't a job.

Anyways i would like to thank you Kyle. No matter what gonna happen in the future. Its been 6 amazing years in SE, i will never forget this game. Please don't let this game die
    Last edited by Burnout1985; 06-02-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I'm a bit late posting here, but I'd like to throw some public appreciation at Kyle for creating this wonderful game and for giving me the opportunity to work on it in so many different ways. As it transitions to a new model of ownership, I really hope I can stay involved.