Close

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Hi Kyle! I am glad that you decide to make a change to SE and hope that it's a good one.

First of all, I think we should make no conclusion until your financials are disclosed. Half a million is not a small amount so we shall have to invest cautiously. Secondly I am not confident to invest through ETH. It's just too risky imo. If I have to invest in something I prefer to buy in real money with a contract binding. I am not familar with electronic money but it has high risk imo. Just my 2 cents

I completely with seedog on this one. I have been around since before DP was released. I just now made an account on here because of this post. I may be interested in investing, but I want to see how you got your valuation. This is the best tcg I have ever played, and I wanted to say thanks for the hard work. I also appreciate that you are sending the company this direction to make it better off. Thanks Kyle and I will be watching for future updates.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since I work in the investment industry, I thought I can help to chip in some fair comments here.

The valuation of $500k has to be justified based on certain financial metrics and peer comparison. It is in Kyle's court to prove that the business is worth that much. Else, $500k or any amount for that matter is just a magic number.

I also feel that someone should take the lead in the new management just like how a company is run. There is a purpose why there is usually only one CEO or Chairman. He is there to make the hard decisions and resolve various conflicts. Hopefully he also takes a major stake in the company so there is skin in the game or alignment of interest. Having too many Indian chiefs will only impede progress so best to have someone trusted to lead the core management team.

Just my two cents worth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle, I appreciate your approach and the fact that you care for the game rather than just selling it to highest bidder ... I am as disappointed as everyone by very slow progress, so anything that can improve it is much welcome ... now the idea of ETH is not the one I like, it is around 5 days since the announcement and ETH went from $150 to $220 ... I would invest in the game IF you use much less volatile currency for conversion ... I am willing to pay in cryptocurrency as a mean of payment, but the value of the company cannot be represented by it ... my 2 cents

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wish I'd bought some ETH when this announcement was made!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol gondorian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx c. View Post
    Kyle, I appreciate your approach and the fact that you care for the game rather than just selling it to highest bidder ... I am as disappointed as everyone by very slow progress, so anything that can improve it is much welcome ... now the idea of ETH is not the one I like, it is around 5 days since the announcement and ETH went from $150 to $220 ... I would invest in the game IF you use much less volatile currency for conversion ... I am willing to pay in cryptocurrency as a mean of payment, but the value of the company cannot be represented by it ... my 2 cents

With the recent volatility, it's a good point. To keep things simple, the tokens will likely have a fixed price in USD for the duration of the crowdsale and exchanged at the current rate of ETH or BTC or whatever at the time of purchase.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Investors don't buy on hope ...
    In july we will probably be at the top of the cycle, the baddest time to buy ... Investors will wait to be in the bottom of a wave to buy, and the same problem will come when we will decide to sell our shares, the offer will be superior to the demand due to the high volatility of the product and we will be block with unselling shares although the ethereum price go down a lot.
    Seriously it has the worst volatility of the market.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can color me skeptical but after the glacial pace over the last couple of years a different model of operating needs to come about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle, I am interested but I too am waiting on the full business details. Also, how many 'Active' players do we have currently?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When the thread opened, eth would cost ~150$.
    Today's high ( 06/11/2017 ) is 351.05$.
    Should we reconsider the whole cryptocurrency thing, or go to a more stable currency like bitcoins?
    Thing is I do not want and do not have the will to become a stock market pioneer.