Close

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As I mentioned, I personally feel the game will be much better off without me as a bottleneck. This is the way it's going to happen, regardless of investors or the amount raised. Personally I will be happy to keep all my shares and watch the value grow.

By offering paid positions to the community and new management, the game will be thriving in short order.
    How does one apply for a position vs a an investor?
    Are positions to be hired by the new board?

I realize there is much to be reviewed , but this simple explanation might stop useless questions.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to buy a share of this game.

But this is not a simple share trading investment, is it? So please Kyle, could you break down what it takes to invest in this game? It would be helpful if you explained what one needs to do from step 1.

Also please keep these information organised. People with money don't have time to look around the forum to find all the info.

Thank you
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is just a first general announcement of the plan to gather early feedback and questions.

In a few days the formal announcement of open positions will be made with its own webpage etc. Initial hires of a few key positions will be made by me, eg board members and community leaders, so we can come up with a more concrete plan going forward.

Full details on the crowdsale is expected to be given a few weeks before start, example June 15 if it will start July 1st. A whole website with complete details of the system with financials, technical details, explained videos etc will be available at that time. It will have special sections geared to players, investors, and technically inclined people so the sales pitch can be more focused to each type of person.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it fair to say that SE's finances would be at the mercy of the unstable value of ETH crytocurrency?

Today, 1 ETH was valued at around 150 USD. Less than 2 years ago, it was 1 USD.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As BlueJet, the ETH has a huge volatily. Just look this week variation : a low at 121 and a high at 187. I'm in forex since 2011 and make money, but even if I'm confident in my skill, it's not the kind of currency I would trade right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    Is it fair to say that SE's finances would be at the mercy of the unstable value of ETH crytocurrency?

Today, 1 ETH was valued at around 150 USD. Less than 2 years ago, it was 1 USD.

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it properly.

Here is an example.

At the start of the sale, ST sells for 1 ETH = 3,000 ST. People pay their ETH to the ST account anonymously and automatically get their tokens.
    A few months later, ETH goes down to $100. The value of ST is independent of ETH, but maybe it is also affected. It is the same as if EUR is affected by a drop in USD. But it's only really dependent on how much people are willing to pay for it on a public digital currency exchange.
    The finances of the game Shadow Era are only dependent on income from sales on the App Store, Google Play, physical cards etc. Apple etc pay to the bank of the holding company in USD (which is publicly audited for fairness), fixed expenses are paid out in USD (eg server costs, fees), and then the rest of the USD is used to buy ST on the public market to ensure people wishing to sell have liquidity to do so. ST is distributed to paid workers eg Board Members, coders, designers, support staff. Because digital currencies fluctuate, perhaps many people want a contract set in USD (eg $500 per month or whatever) and this is converted to ST at the current market value. The worker can choose to hold on to the ST, or cash it in immediately on a public exchange for their local currency.
    Maybe this month the board wants to give a profit reward to all token holders, so a vote is put forth and it passes. So ETH is bought and put into the account and it automatically gets distributed to all token holders according to their relative share. They get the ETH directly.

So in other words, no it's not tied to the value of ETH. It's more tied to the value of USD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    P.S. The USD isn't in the best of shape right now, either.
    You can ask your employer to pay you in Mexican pesos then instead of USD.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just the administrative requirements of this transition (and I don't even mean financially) sounds like a gigantic undertaking.

Even if this is successful, I'd be shocked if any new features comes out this year that wasn't already almost ready to go before this move (like the SP campaign).

So while I will keep an open mind about whether or not this venture is a necessary step in keeping the game alive, I would caution the community to not expect this to suddenly speed up development, at least for now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While I welcome constructive criticism, obvious troll accounts will be banned and their posts deleted. Please follow the Code of Conduct if you wish to participate on these forums.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by greasypig View Post
    Just the administrative requirements of this transition (and I don't even mean financially) sounds like a gigantic undertaking.

Even if this is successful, I'd be shocked if any new features comes out this year that wasn't already almost ready to go before this move (like the SP campaign).

So while I will keep an open mind about whether or not this venture is a necessary step in keeping the game alive, I would caution the community to not expect this to suddenly speed up development, at least for now.

The point of using a smart contract for the tokens is that it's like a computer program that runs in the cloud and is completely automated. So the sale itself has very little administrative requirements beyond making some new webpages and a few scripts.

About the only extra work for me is taking applications and the initial hiring of the new board of directors, and then they are the ones that are doing the work of the transition. Of course I will still be onboard to help out with everything and make sure it goes smoothly.

I'm not sure why you're thinking "gigantic undertaking" but it's quite the opposite. Lots of more people helping to spread the workload out is a very good thing.