Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    This seems like a scam... 500k? There is no way this game is worth that much
    What are you basing that opinion on? Valuations of startups without products are determined by best guesses based on the industry and revenue potential. Valuations of existing companies are based on assets minus liabilities and a multiple of earnings or profit. I can show you a handful of other games and you may say "there is no way that game is worth that much" yet they raised millions. If after the financials are provided and you disagree with the valuation, you don't have to buy it. But making comments like this with zero info is not helpful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by indastria View Post
    Sorry Kyle I'm still waiting for Kickstarter's rewards ended in January 2014! Why should I give you more money?
    As I mentioned, I personally feel the game will be much better off without me as a bottleneck. This is the way it's going to happen, regardless of investors or the amount raised. Personally I will be happy to keep all my shares and watch the value grow.

By offering paid positions to the community and new management, the game will be thriving in short order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What steps need to be taken in order for this to work? This is like taking a recreational baseball team and throwing them in the big leagues. It will be a rough road.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Thanks Kyle - can you say some more about how the positions (e.g. Board Members) will be selected?

Can't figure out if it's based on ST share or your discretion, or some other mechanism.

Essentially, I think there's a need for some sort of constitution for people to understand how this would work
    Initial Board Members will be hired by me based on their background and community involvement and experience. It is a paid position in ST, and like the other positions doesn't require upfront investment. Future decisions by the board require voting by token holders, it is coded into the Ethereum Smart Contract and fully automated. Full technical details and examples will be provided so that it's more clear how it will work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Personally I will be happy to keep all my shares and watch the value grow.
    This is the sort of thing that makes me need to understand the detail of the constitution:
    - who gets what shares
    - how are roles appointed
    - how are decisions made
    - who is accountable for what
    - who makes financial decisions
    - what happens when things go wrong, or there are disagreements

This detail is vital to avoid it looking like a scam / cash-in / hollow promise / repeat of the kickstarter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's an interesting move, awaiting more info to be disclosed.
    i really like to see this game getting better and better

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    That is sooo shady omg.

The Internet is full with scams based on Ethereum. It sounds even worse than Kickstarter!

You want more money for doing nothing and you drop everything from the past. This is so unfair. No wonder Gondorian quit coding.
    I have waited so long for the Campaign and more Cards and now you mention this will be done by new artists etc. What happened to the old Artists, Game Designers, Game Developers, etc.?

This will take more time right. I am done waiting!

Your point of view is entirely incorrect and I don't appreciate you talking for me or Gondorian.

I am selling my shares of the game to the public in order to vastly improve the development speed and management. The product and income exists already, so it's impossible to say that this is a scam or shady. The sale and control of assets and tokens etc are contained in the smart contract code which will be publicly viewable, which is why it's often called a "trustless crowdsale." When you invest you know for sure you will get the tokens, that they are publicly tradable with no interference, and you have voting power over any movement of money out of the smart contract. The only possible scam is if the hired Board of Directors and community positions don't provide value to the game. They are paid in shares of the game, so it's a pretty good bet they want to make the game better to increase value.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    This is the sort of thing that makes me need to understand the detail of the constitution:
    - who gets what shares
    - how are roles appointed
    - how are decisions made
    - who is accountable for what
    - who makes financial decisions
    - what happens when things go wrong, or there are disagreements

This detail is vital to avoid it looking like a scam / cash-in / hollow promise / repeat of the kickstarter

That is entirely up to the Board of Directors and I look forward to hearing some proposals. It will not be my decision, but theirs. There have been many cries in the past such as "Wulven change your business practices" and now is the time.

It is indeed a necessary first step to have these answers before the investment opens. A formal post taking applications for open positions will be following next week. This is intended as an overview of the plan only.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    A formal post taking applications for open positions will be following next week. This is intended as an overview of the plan only.
    Ok - understood. I'm interested in how this will work, so I'll await further details. Appreciate your transparency so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry - one more question for now: will you be releasing the SP campaign and the rest of LL before the hand-over / sale?