Close

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The point of using a smart contract for the tokens is that it's like a computer program that runs in the cloud and is completely automated. So the sale itself has very little administrative requirements beyond making some new webpages and a few scripts.

About the only extra work for me is taking applications and the initial hiring of the new board of directors, and then they are the ones that are doing the work of the transition. Of course I will still be onboard to help out with everything and make sure it goes smoothly.

I'm not sure why you're thinking "gigantic undertaking" but it's quite the opposite. Lots of more people helping to spread the workload out is a very good thing.

I have no skin in this game anymore since i dont play but if my comments are gonna get deleted because it's apparently too derogatory to Wulven then there's no need for me to lurk on the forums anymore either. I actually said that I understood the need for such a transition I just wanted the community to not expect development to suddenly get back to 100% immediately. Anyway, good luck.
    Last edited by greasypig; 05-28-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle...take the money, sell the game. If it dies then so be it. This shadow token thing sounds like, well..... nothing I've ever heard of before. There has to be a developer willing to take a quality product like this and go toe to toe with hearthstone. I've been here a long time and have seen you make both good and bad decisions. And have also seen the community crush good ideas and promote bad ones. So if you want to step away then do it, and take the money. With the ST method I can only imagine there would be too any chiefs and not enough Indians. With a player run environment I can only see it dying. I guess what I'm saying is that it is ok to piss off people sometimes. You've done an amazing job so far. Let this last decision be a clean break.
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylentgreen View Post
    Kyle...take the money, sell the game. If it dies then so be it. This shadow token thing sounds like, well..... nothing I've ever heard of before. There has to be a developer willing to take a quality product like this and go toe to toe with hearthstone. I've been here a long time and have seen you make both good and bad decisions. And have also seen the community crush good ideas and promote bad ones. So if you want to step away then do it, and take the money. With the ST method I can only imagine there would be too any chiefs and not enough Indians. With a player run environment I can only see it dying. I guess what I'm saying is that it is ok to piss off people sometimes. You've done an amazing job so far. Let this last decision be a clean break.
    I've never been concerned with making money, perhaps to the detriment of the business but to the good of the game design. It remains "a shining example of what a F2P game should be." Killing the game and taking money was never an option for me...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle don't listen to the haters idk how well the new system wI'll work but selling the game to another company will be a big mistake this is the best tcg game out there selling would just alter things I love this idea it's just a matter of good management after you sell that counts and that won't be known till the future so keep with your gut

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greasypig View Post
    I have no skin in this game anymore since i dont play but if my comments are gonna get deleted because it's apparently too derogatory to Wulven then there's no need for me to lurk on the forums anymore either. I actually said that I understood the need for such a transition I just wanted the community to not expect development to suddenly get back to 100% immediately. Anyway, good luck.
    I think Kyle was referring to someone else, and their posts have already gone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Kyle! I am glad that you decide to make a change to SE and hope that it's a good one.

First of all, I think we should make no conclusion until your financials are disclosed. Half a million is not a small amount so we shall have to invest cautiously. Secondly I am not confident to invest through ETH. It's just too risky imo. If I have to invest in something I prefer to buy in real money with a contract binding. I am not familar with electronic money but it has high risk imo. Just my 2 cents

Cerddorion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While I welcome constructive criticism, obvious troll accounts will be banned and their posts deleted. Please follow the Code of Conduct if you wish to participate on these forums.
    So, let me get this straight.....i put forth my honest opinion, which, in the context of this thread is similar to others that have been posted so far. I do not agree with your decision on how to sell shares. It is based on a digital currency system that is too new. I am highly skeptical that this will end well, or even work. Simply file the paperwork, take this company public, and sell shares like any other publicly held company. I didn't say you were scamming people. What I said was that if this wasn't done the right way, it will LOOK like a scam regardless of what the truth of the matter actually is. That's the risk you take with using these unorthodox methods. It makes people nervous and reluctant to extend the necessary help and money in order to keep something like this alive. And you call these statements "trolling"? Prove me wrong by making this work for the long term.

Chaos, Panic & Disorder. My Work Here Is Done

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    So, let me get this straight.....i put forth my honest opinion, which, in the context of this thread is similar to others that have been posted so far. I do not agree with your decision on how to sell shares. It is based on a digital currency system that is too new. I am highly skeptical that this will end well, or even work. Simply file the paperwork, take this company public, and sell shares like any other publicly held company. I didn't say you were scamming people. What I said was that if this wasn't done the right way, it will LOOK like a scam regardless of what the truth of the matter actually is. That's the risk you take with using these unorthodox methods. It makes people nervous and reluctant to extend the necessary help and money in order to keep something like this alive. And you call these statements "trolling"? Prove me wrong by making this work for the long term.

Chaos, Panic & Disorder. My Work Here Is Done
    Games been alive 6 yrs, w no digital currency so long term, It's got.

However I can't disagree that the way to keep it alive is a bit confusing. Hard for me to give Money to and idea, which is all theses. Digital tokens/coins are.
    But it's a system ,not mine, but I'm not saying it can't work.
    I just don't know enough about it.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chaos, Panic & Disorder is against the Code of Conduct and continuing to post right after your troll alt account was banned isn't a smart idea...

Investing isn't for everyone and I don't expect it to be. It's also not a requirement for players to invest for the plan to go forward.

Kyle's Quest was the first real rpg game on the Palm Pilot. Galactic Realms was the first RTS on the Palm Pilot and was awarded strategy game of the year. KQ2 was awarded game of the year. Shadow Era was the first full scale ccg on mobile. I have a long history of embracing new technology and this is no different. Yes it's still new but it's been done before and seems to be the answer I was looking for...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I apologize if I offended, I simply don't understand the new investment system.
    No lie I'm in old dog and new tricks are hard.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread