Close

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It's not my job to do that. I think it's pretty clear you are focused on causing conflict here, especially with me, so do not be surprised if you get banned for breach of Code of Conduct. I've hit report on your post. By all means criticise Wulven as much as you like, but picking on individuals is not OK here.
    There is not a time that I tried to incite conflict and I hope people can see that. I never picked on you, but you were the one who, for some reason, chose to focus on the portion of that link I sent that badmouthed you. I posted something I found online that could help inform others about deciding how they would approach this game or how they would invest in it. The rest is beyond me.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I believe that post on that other site was written by a disgruntled customer more than two years ago.

I do not think it is a fair reflection of the majority of customers' views and nor can we tell which parts are true or not. (Certainly what was written about me was untrue and therefore throws the rest into doubt.)

If anyone thinks that post should be used to help them decide whether to invest their money or time into making a success of this game then I really hope they do not get involved. If we are to make a success of this, we should work in a positive way based on facts and informed decisions, and try to make the best out of the fresh start with the planned new organisation.

Shadow Era is clearly a great game worth maintaining and improving, and Kyle has already outlined why he can't continue to run it and why he can't just sell it to someone who will likely wipe all the accounts and jack up the prices (or just kill it), so this novel approach is really the only option to go with. If anyone doubts it can work, then certainly some constructive feedback is welcomed, but I think the spirit needs to be one of working together on the same page with the same vision to make this a success.

TL;DR: The health and future of the game and its community needs to be made the top priority, above any individual biases that might have come about based on where things have gone wrong in the past. If we can agree on that, then I think we can make this work. That's how I am approaching my involvement here (and indeed that was my approach the past three years).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    we should work in a positive way based on facts and informed decisions
    I think this is the problem - we are all awaiting more facts, and, again, Wulven has not provided this to the timetable that was given. In the absence of information, people are speculating, or filling the void with things like the boardgamegeek post.

In order to work in a positive way as you suggest, we have asked for more information - Kyle has asked us to hold our questions ... and then gone silent

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    I think this is the problem - we are all awaiting more facts, and, again, Wulven has not provided this to the timetable that was given. In the absence of information, people are speculating, or filling the void with things like the boardgamegeek post.

In order to work in a positive way as you suggest, we have asked for more information - Kyle has asked us to hold our questions ... and then gone silent
    Indeed. The sooner Kyle has removed himself, the better. He would agree with that and has said as much already. But engineering an exit without accidentally throwing everything away and killing the game must surely be the hardest thing he's had to do since he created the game in the first place!

We should try to focus on what we would do once the game is in the hands of the players (for the first time). Anything is possible and it will finally be within your control if you get involved as an investor of your time and/or money.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Indeed. The sooner Kyle has removed himself, the better. He would agree with that and has said as much already. But engineering an exit without accidentally throwing everything away and killing the game must surely be the hardest thing he's had to do since he created the game in the first place!

We should try to focus on what we would do once the game is in the hands of the players (for the first time). Anything is possible and it will finally be within your control if you get involved as an investor of your time and/or money.
    Gondorian,

But do you recognize that the continued pattern of broken or much delayed promises will kill the game as well. If Kyle simply sold it, it's not a certainty that the buyer will scorch earth SE. But the uncertainty of this online IPO with little details will have a similar outcome to what Kyle fears.

I'm puttering around the high 200's and occasionally have to wait through several tips to get a QM. That is not as it was. Also if I don't start QM'ing at the start of the season I can wait a long time for a QM at rating 0. This is not good either.

I recognize that some of the criticisms might be disingenuous or not reflective of the situation but many loyal customers and players have stuck with the game long past what one would expect based on how the game has been managed.

There might be many of us that would welcome a simple sale and take our chances. At this point, our sunk costs are sunk. Does it matter if inaction, online IPO, or a sale to another company kills the game?

Thanks again for all of your efforts as community manager PFg, card designer, and you general PR of the game. It's this informal dedication to SE by you and many others that have mananged to keep the game as healthy as it is.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some technical issues have delayed things a bit, but I'm going forward with the token sale website and job positions going online this weekend. The sale of tokens is starting August 1st!

Major changes:

+ Switch to the Waves platform instead of Ethereum. I found Eth to be too complicated for the average user, the wallet requires you to download the whole multi-GB blockchain, etc etc. Waves, on the other hand, has a simple online platform available, doesn't need the whole blockchain, and supports a decentralized token exchange right from the start. Full details will be provided on the token website.

+ Rewards for token holders! Besides profit shares and the token value itself, you can link your shadow era account to your Waves address to get in-game rewards such as: top 100 token holders play with a fully foiled version of their deck, Epic avatar and chat colors when holding a minimum amount of ST, daily sc rewards relative to the number of tokens

+ 5% of the tokens will be gifted to all the previous Kickstarter backers as a special thank you, in relative proportion to their backings

+ Easy buy options - If you're not experienced with digital currencies, you can pay with PayPal directly

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just hope this move isn't coming too late. The glacial rate of progress on the game has no doubt already driven a lot of people who might have invested in or worked on it away. As Ballyworld said, QM wait times seem to be worsening, and if they get too bad potential new players will be driven away as well. Unfortunately this state of affairs does not make investing in the game seem like a wise decision (not that I can afford it anyway!). Nevertheless the game needs a radical change before the player count ceases to be self-sustaining.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i understood the time taken to make to best decision, good that we finally have a date to look forward.
    i'm considering to purchase some ST to support, but i would hope to see some progress in game development and previous promise being released, such as single player campaign, automated tournament format etc.
    This game needs to be exposed to more new players and attracts them to stay to be able to further growth, and i believe this should be one of the major tasks of the new board

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please someone explain me, community will buy,invest, became decision makers... does really anyone here believes that "200 random guys or(girls) with no expirience can run the show"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    Please someone explain me, community will buy,invest, became decision makers... does really anyone here believes that "200 random guys or(girls) with no expirience can run the show"

No, not at all. The Board of Directors will be responsible for putting forth the plan, the token holders will vote on major decisions. It's like a democracy, individuals don't make all the decisions but they elect representative officials that do...