Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post The Sale of Shadow Era to the Players

It has become painfully clear over the past few years that I have been severely limiting the game's progress as a bottleneck. I have inquired and been approached about selling the game, but in each case, their intention was to cannibalize and relaunch it to grab more money from existing players. If I sold it, the game that we love would certainly die.

Paying close attention to the rise of digital currencies and new funding options, there's now a way to sell the game directly to the players, through Shadow Tokens.

What is a Shadow Token?

A Shadow Token (ST) can be considered as a share of the game. Owners of ST will vote on major decisions and receive a share of the game's profits.

10,000,000 Shadow Tokens will be created and offered in a crowdsale, at a fixed rate of 1 ETH = 3,000 ST with the following distribution:

60% Public sale
    10% Development reserves
    2% Bounty for promoting the sale
    28% Development team

Based on Ethereum blockchain technology, Shadow Tokens will create a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) using Smart Contracts that transparently and securely allows Shadow Era to operate. The tokens are listed on public exchanges for sale and trade without any outside interference, allowing their value to grow over time.

When the tokens are listed for sale, they will be available by purchasers sending ETH directly to the crowdsale address (TBA). This method is automated by the Smart Contract code, which is publicly viewable. Other methods such as PayPal will be supported, with a rate tied to USD->ETH, but an Ethereum Wallet will still be required to receive the tokens.

We expect to announce the exact start date of the crowdsale mid June. The beauty of this system is that it is a crowdsale and not funding, no minimum goal is required for the new management system to work.

Positions Available

We will soon be taking applications for the following positions, hiring from the community that knows the game best. Payment in ST will ensure investment in Shadow Era's future, or it can be traded on public exchanges for other digital currencies or cash.

Board of Directors

The Board of Directors will be responsible for the overall direction of the game, management, and hiring. They will put forth proposals to the token holders to vote on.

Game Designers

The Game Designers will create new cards, balance the game, and create content such as campaign quests.

Game Developers

Game Developers write the code for the game and program new features. The game engine is Unity3d coded in C#.

Artists

Artists make the card art and other graphics for the game.

Community Leaders

The Community Leaders will be active on the forums, in-game chat and social media promoting the game and growing the community.

Support Staff

The Support Staff will be responsible for taking bug reports, answering questions, and providing player support through the support ticket system.

How Will It Work?

Each month, income from the game from sources such as Apple and Google will be deposited to a bank account controlled by a publicly audited holding company. After fixed expenses such as server costs are paid, the remaining will be converted to ETH and put in the Smart Contract. The Board of Directors will propose a budget to spend that money, for example hiring developers or artists, and token holders will approve it through voting. In this way, control over the game's income and expenses will be transparent.

The main source of payment to workers is desired to be ST, which has a limited supply. If the Smart Contract has no ST left in the Development Reserves then it will buy ETH->ST on public exchanges, ensuring liquidity for those that wish to sell.

The Board of Directors can also choose to pay rewards as a dividend, which will be distributed in ETH directly to all token holders.

In this beginning phase, I would like to hear feedback from the community and answer any questions. More technical, financial, and legal details are available but have been simplified for the sake of this introduction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are we/will we be able to see any of the financial aspects of the company?

Or are you expecting people to blindly invest?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Where/when are the positions available to be announced?
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree - using today's ETH value ($150) implies the game is valued at half a million dollars. Would need to see the numbers before being able to work out if that's worth it.

I'd also be interested to hear what (if any) rights a holder of ST has on the game, or if it's more like a stock option.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Full financials and game stats etc will be provided before the sale, of course. Unlike other games recently valued in the millions, SE already has a large player base and steady income. There is huge upwards potential based on the quality of the game, if steady development resumes.

Holders of ST have voting rights on any issues put to vote by the Board of Directors, eg where to spend money, what features to work on next, etc. People can buy and sell ST on a public exchange or send to others manually without intervention from anyone. So it is more like a stock than just an option to buy at a certain price.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer that you sell SE and I will live with the consequences. If anyone really wants it. This shadow token thing is a real joke.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This seems like a scam... 500k? There is no way this game is worth that much
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Kyle - can you say some more about how the positions (e.g. Board Members) will be selected?

Can't figure out if it's based on ST share or your discretion, or some other mechanism.

Essentially, I think there's a need for some sort of constitution for people to understand how this would work

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi !

This is a very good idea
    I'm a brand new Shadow Era player, but a rather experiencied CCG (french) player, both physical and digital.
    I had the opportunity, a few years ago, to "invest" in crowdsale for a arising digital game - using token and currency -, and this was a very cool experience !

Erestor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry Kyle I'm still waiting for Kickstarter's rewards ended in January 2014! Why should I give you more money?
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria