Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reality check

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle as I have discussed many things with you via Facebook messenger and I am curious to see how this unfolds. I am willing to help out anyway possible. I don't want or expect any kind of pay. My pay will be the evolution of this game that you built.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With kickstarter u can have krygon or ogloth playmat right? Kyle do u think its possible to make kickstarter available again? In A1 there are a lot of players who would like to buy some special playmats ))
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think it's an interesting approach Kyle! I'm a believer the community is able to pull this one off so we can have more frequent updates. To be honest one big update per year would already be a big improvement. Might be able to help with some stuff (like promotional videos-trailers for example).
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a programmer or coder, but advertising is for anyone. Count me in, for free.

This community will not allow the game to die, especially when invited to help.

IGN/TG: Ogloth
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On a side note... was there ever a thought to have customizable sleeves and mats? I know I would pay for certain mats and sleeves. Maybe there wouldn't be enough people who would but dam I love that Krygon Mat and wish I had one. I know I missed the special but if it was an option you'd have my money.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In
    TJ SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    What? Hold off on doomsday? Sounds boring. Doomsday would be the most exciting thing to happen here in months.

Anyways, I've heard similar statements about big announcements and a bright future before. You'll have to forgive me for not having faith in those words.

Regardless, I'm not really worried. Finally found another card game worth playing, eternal. Of course shadow era has a better product. But the lack of development is very prominent, which tends to make things stagnate. I'm sure I'll get back into shadow era again eventually. After all, I've spent a large amount of money on this game to support it. But for now, I've lost interest. Eternal just has more to offer right now

Hi Umbra,

I've been playing Eternal (& HearthStone). Eternal is looking quite promising, even in it's pre-release state. Both the games are something entertaining and fresh for the commute to and from work. I'm not a big fan of the MTG style blocking mechanism of Eternal or the "random" aspect of HearthStone, so Shadow Era is still my TCG for mechanics that I hope to one day return too.

Dropped into the forum to see what's news... interesting.

Guess I'll drop in again next week to read up on the details of the "announcement"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    Kyle, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the burnout.

Whatever happens in the future, just know that your legacy will be that of creating the best f2p tcg on mobile. Cross platform play with a unified player base and single leaderboards regardless of iOS/android/PC is actually an amazing accomplishment that gets overlooked.
    I couldn't agree more. The content you get for f2p is far better than any other tcg I've tried. Communicating this to the public will be super important if Kyle intends on a renewed marketing push.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Hi Umbra,

I've been playing Eternal (& HearthStone). Eternal is looking quite promising, even in it's pre-release state. Both the games are something entertaining and fresh for the commute to and from work. I'm not a big fan of the MTG style blocking mechanism of Eternal or the "random" aspect of HearthStone, so Shadow Era is still my TCG for mechanics that I hope to one day return too.
    Shadow Era does have the best mechanics. I'm not ashamed to admit it was my first TCG so I'm a little biased, but I've sifted through the mobile app stores and tried every one out there since. But I always come back to Shadow Era. Eternal's f2p content didn't keep me around for long. MTG has a lot of f2p content but demands your soul in terms of time commitment. HearthStone is too... well, Blizzard. The list goes on. Great job Kyle, we'll keep patiently waiting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interest is piqued for sure. Will be staying tuned.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel