Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality check

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Reality check

I've been really supportI've of this game I really like this game but it's time for a reality check we need answers here I'll give you some evidence of this game dieing.

Last update was 9 months ago
    Spoilers stopped for ll2
    Gondorian stopped coding
    Campaign update was promised to be finished 9 months ago
    It was generous to give prizes to event winners but we all have prises pending for 3 months ago
    Plenty of players leaving this game

Here are just some examples of the game is dying wulven please just be honest with us is the game dead, should we not waste our time or money anymore.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm agree with you shadow! GDC already cleared his thoughts now its time check what is SE players opinion
    Its really sad to say but players leaving SE ! The game is almost dead

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki1 View Post
    Wulven will not be honest about this because that would require Kyle and Gondorian to admit that they have failed and screwed us out of our money. Is it realistic to have ONLY ONE MAN CODING a game like this? No wonder the last "update" (if you want to call it that) was such a train wreck. This game isn't just dying, it's DEAD.

This feels a little harsh to me.

The game hasn't failed. It has been very disappointing on delivering new changes, but that doesn't make the entire game failed.

Gondorian does not own this game and shouldn't shoulder the blame just because he does the most communication.

Kyle started from nothing and built this game, and this platform that runs on iOS and Android and PC and Mac. 3 full releases of cards. Very good balance and variety.

It looks from the outside like Kyle is the sole owner and source of funds. He has a family to support, and I don't think he is independently wealthy. This is not a gaming company with big resources and the ability to wait a long time before making a large profit. Kyle has worked very hard to keep this game updated, but with his generous prices I don't think the game can pull in enough money to have full time staff. These are my guesses about what is going on behind the scenes. I'm not going to say that every decision along the way was perfect, but if you think that this is primarily one mans work, it makes sense that it wouldn't measure up to the big studio games in speed of releases.

If you enjoy the game, play. If you are frustrated by the progress, stay away from the game for a couple of months, then check back in periodically to see if updates have been made.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This game died when the decision was made to make it physical. It is not very complicated to balance the game each month by changing or adding only a few cards. It is not necessary to create huge expansion with cards without interest. The expansion of neutral cards is of no interest and was only to close our mouths. It's heartbreaking, because it's a very interesting game. But merchandising is not good. Many of us have contributed to its funding and this funding has turned into a big joke. Whether the people of this company are good people and great workers or not does not prevent the lack of commercial honesty.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The sky is far from falling. If you can hold off on your doomsday predictions until the end of the week, everything will be made clear with some big announcements and I'm sure you'll see that the future of Shadow Era has never looked better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The sky is far from falling. If you can hold off on your doomsday predictions until the end of the week, everything will be made clear with some big announcements and I'm sure you'll see that the future of Shadow Era has never looked better.
    Glad to hear that we are getting some updates. I think it would go a long way if we were kept updated even if it isn't with any big news or progress. Just so that we know that there is still someone out there working.

Anyway I'm excited to see what you guys have been working on.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We will wait for that master kyle
    Looking for new future of shsdow era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have seen this cycle many times in the last few years. Whenever there is a significant gap in time between updates, and the complaining is at a fever pitch, someone will come on make a big list of future updates to appease the community.

But then months and months and months will go by with nothing... and players will start complaining again and other players will complain about the complainers.

Then a few more months go by, maybe you will get another 10 cards... maybe you won't. But the fact of the matter is in another 6-9 months.... most of you will be having this same conversation again.

.... and the circle continues.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What? Hold off on doomsday? Sounds boring. Doomsday would be the most exciting thing to happen here in months.

Anyways, I've heard similar statements about big announcements and a bright future before. You'll have to forgive me for not having faith in those words.

Regardless, I'm not really worried. Finally found another card game worth playing, eternal. Of course shadow era has a better product. But the lack of development is very prominent, which tends to make things stagnate. I'm sure I'll get back into shadow era again eventually. After all, I've spent a large amount of money on this game to support it. But for now, I've lost interest. Eternal just has more to offer right now
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cycle will not be continuing. Everyone knows that Shadow Era is a great game with slow development. It's a byproduct of a single owner of the game doing most of the work and honestly being burnt out. I will be giving up ownership of the game and everything will be turned over to the community and completely transparent down to how much money is being made from what and where to spend that money including hiring people for development, support, etc. How is this possible? Wait and see