Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality check

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I will be giving up ownership of the game and everything will be turned over to the community and completely transparent down to how much money is being made from what and where to spend that money including hiring people for development, support, etc.
    WOAH! This is dynamite! Is this ... some sort of subtle joke? This would be very interesting if it's true ... *now* you've got my attention!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle,

I'm not one of those guys that thinks that you are "screwing over players" by taking their money and not delivering on promises, but I just an observation of someone that has played this game for a long while. I stopped playing a while back but the check the boards from time to time to see if anything new has been released. But now, even Gondorian seems to have disappeared. Although he didn't really offer much in terms of actual information and seemed to be there to calm down angry players.

Now... I don't know what you meant by your last post about turning the game over to the community. It honestly sounds a little passive-aggressive. I hope you meant it as a real solution to the stagnation of the game.... because to me it kind of seemed like you were saying....

"If you think you guys can do better.... go for it!" or...
    "You think i'm just taking your money and not developing the game?...... well here's the financial information, YOU guys make the decisions then".

I hope this is not the case and a result of my innate cynical nature.

I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cycle will not be continuing. Everyone knows that Shadow Era is a great game with slow development. It's a byproduct of a single owner of the game doing most of the work and honestly being burnt out. I will be giving up ownership of the game and everything will be turned over to the community and completely transparent down to how much money is being made from what and where to spend that money including hiring people for development, support, etc. How is this possible? Wait and see
    Welp and that's my key to go to a new game and never look back. Sorry that your burnt out tho. I know it's alot of work..but a game took over by the players and such sounds a bit crazy..Plus I highly doubt that this will work, seeing on how I don't think anyone spends cash on this game anymore when half of us have mountains of gold and all cards already at this point.
    Lets be clear...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh kyle its great to hear that everything goes well! )) yeah the development part of LL2 is long. But the game itself is still amazing. Honestly i don't think that SE is dying either. The game is going on 24/24 and there is always people for matching. Lately there are a lot of new players coming to SE and ofc veteran players are still around, waiting for a good update.

This game is the best, congratulation kyle for your job. Im looking forward to seeing the rest of LL2 coming out.
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the burnout.

Whatever happens in the future, just know that your legacy will be that of creating the best f2p tcg on mobile. Cross platform play with a unified player base and single leaderboards regardless of iOS/android/PC is actually an amazing accomplishment that gets overlooked.

I'm looking forward to the big announcement as well. If I had to guess, I think it's going to be some kind of crowdfunding project like gofundme or kickstarter. If the SE community wants the game to continue, we'll have to speak with our wallets. This will be our chance to put our money where our mouth is to support the game we love.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki1 View Post
    Wulven will not be honest about this because that would require Kyle and Gondorian to admit that they have failed and screwed us out of our money. Is it realistic to have ONLY ONE MAN CODING a game like this? No wonder the last "update" (if you want to call it that) was such a train wreck. This game isn't just dying, it's DEAD.
    Nobody was screwed out of their money. We put money into this game knowing very well that it could fail. If the game did happen to go under, so be it. You could argue that some bad decisions were made in regards to development but we put money in having faith in the company and their decisions. I don't mind the money spent on this game not amounting to anything if it fails. I had fun playing and understood I was taking a risk.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    Sounds like Kyle is giving up all responsibilities. For the Kickstarter and everything else that he said in the past.

How is that fair?
    I was thinking the same lol..we still haven't got half of the updates promised from kickstarter, so if it's another sort of gofundme type thing..that's a no go for me. I'm looking forward for the big news end of this week right? So friday or Sunday?
    Lets be clear...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The community is filled with people that have offered to help out because they love the game. Basically, we will be moving from me slowing everything down as a bottleneck to being open and transparent and hiring from the community paid positions such as a board of directors for management, developers, card designers, support staff, etc. Do you love the game and have some special skills or time that you can contribute and want to get paid in equity or cash? Start thinking about it. This is definitely not another fundraiser or gofundme type of thing but a complete change in ownership and operating procedure.

I realize I'm just raising more questions and can't be too clear in short forum posts, but I just wanted to address some key concerns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The community is filled with people that have offered to help out because they love the game. Basically, we will be moving from me slowing everything down as a bottleneck to being open and transparent and hiring from the community paid positions such as a board of directors for management, developers, card designers, support staff, etc. Do you love the game and have some special skills or time that you can contribute and want to get paid in equity or cash? Start thinking about it. This is definitely not another fundraiser or gofundme type of thing but a complete change in ownership and operating procedure.

I realize I'm just raising more questions and can't be too clear in short forum posts, but I just wanted to address some key concerns.
    ^ Now that sounds great..I don't care for the cash, I was serious interested in buying..but that's just as good. I just want this game to grow because I believe it can. It's the rest game without too much rng and such it's awesome and seeing it not growing is heartbreaking, I believe alot of the community feels that way or they still wouldn't be around
    Lets be clear...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki1 View Post
    Wulven will not be honest about this because that would require Kyle and Gondorian to admit that they have failed and screwed us out of our money. Is it realistic to have ONLY ONE MAN CODING a game like this? No wonder the last "update" (if you want to call it that) was such a train wreck. This game isn't just dying, it's DEAD.
    Not sure why you had to make another account to post this. You're talking about honesty but feel the need to create an alt forum account to bash Wulven.

It's easy enough for moderators to identify alt accounts so please, if you have something to say, just say it. You don't have to hide in an alt account to criticise the game. The forum users and the company (so far that I've seen) are very tolerant of opinions and feedback just as long as it's within the Code of Conduct.