Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Who's currently the best hero?

I just started playing this game but I chose the hero that kills an ally that costs 4 or less and I dont think this hero or this class is as good as the others so I want to start over. Also if its possible when I first pick a hero if the cards can be used with the currently best hero in the game so hoping they are from the same class/type or not if its not doable.

When you first create an account what's the best hero to choose with the best cards?

Whats the most competitive hero right now?. I noticed alot or most of the top players are playing heroes from the new set so some or one of those heroes is the best

How often are new sets released and when will there be a new one

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and welcome.You pick a good hero for begginer.He or Eladwen are best pick.
    There arent op hero.some of them are bettet(zaladar,garth...)but they all have their weak spot.
    About new sets i dont know,probably soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!

Boris is a very good hero to start with. Not sure why you would change unless you started with a weapon based hero. Just save up the shadow crystals for the Raikka starter then go into the merchant and buy the individual mage and warrior heroes. Uncheck hide unusable and show suggested to see them. Now you got a ton of decks to tinker with.

Also they massively improved the Call of the Crystal starter decks in the merchant but not for when you choose your first hero. So it might be just as well you didn't start specifically with the hero you wanted. Besides, it's Boris! Nothing wrong with the tank that is basically 80's Arnold version of Conan. All the older players will suggest him or Elad to start with and then work on getting the other. Figure out which class YOU prefer. Mages and Warriors ignoring weapon based builds simply are less expensive decks to make.

In my sig there is a link to a super cheap Zaladar AI farming deck. It's a handy deck to have your first month playing and it won't eat up a slot you are using for your ranked decks. Zaladar is a beast in ranked so he's a good hero to have anyway.

There is no ultra op hero dominating the meta. There are some heroes that are horrible ... like poor Logan, but in the right hands he can be nasty. This game is really well balanced.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar is the best hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm also a Zaladar fan but It's probably not the best hero for beginners, that slot belongs either to Boris or Eladwen. On the other hand, you can go with priests that don't have exactly great hero abilities but the class itself is very well balanced with solutions for pretty much any scenario. Oh, and welcome to SE!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually the elemental class is really good for beginners ... 3 very different heroes, none need weapons, they aren't overly tied to tribes/themes. Only class who has drastically better cotc starters than their more expensive sf counterpart. Elementalis in particular of the three is nice because he won't care what allies you already have. Praxis isn't for beginners though ... he's like the joker on his first day out of arkham. Great if your card library can be likened to an international crime syndicate, if not ... yeah, back to arkham you go and it will be chubby 1960s pedo batman that takes you there ... or maybe 60's boy wonder?

Noticed my sig doesn't show in tapatalk. 4450g Zaladar deck. Yep the whole deck only is 4450g. Basically unstoppable against the AI and really fast. http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?38809

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that elemental is a good class for beginners all the way up to competitive levels. Each hero has different styles of decks that can be played (elementalis always requires the same basic idea but can be done in a variety of way). All 3 of these heroes are top heroes in my opinion and there was 1 of each in the top 8 this year at the WC with elementalis taking second place. The only problem is that the cards might be a little expensive, but the best ones can be played in all 3 heroes so they are worth the investment.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I guess you guys are right, it's my vision of elementals that is kinda of messed up from always enjoying to play elementals with their fancy combo moves and elaborated plays. Anyway, plenty of good heroes out there just don't go for logan!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The main reason I think they are best for a new guy is that they can see what style they like best but can use a lot of the same cards. Mind control for example is in most elemental decks. But I do agree that rush mage is probably the easiest for someone to learn, I just don't think it will give you as much fun starting out
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome my friend,

There is much to read here but I'm giving a basic strategy break down for you turn by turn.

There is no best hero. There are many who are used greatly. Many Baduruu since now he has great weapons to cast for free. Since there are many Baduruu, you will find many Rogue class like Lance and Garth to counter The Baduruu. Your hero, Boris, is an ok hero but what is good right now is that He does well against all three of those heroes I mentioned above. Boris has access to Smashing Blow to destroy weapons of both heroes and he has Crippling Blow & Retreat! To slow down the opponents early game. Same with another Warrior hero named Tala.

Problem is that Boris is a difficult hero to play as your first character. He is constantly playing from behind and taking damage until you can turn things around usually at turn 5-6. So you have to be comfortable playing in this way. Which most new players are not. You have made a good choice though and you could win many matches with Boris.

If you can get the cards, I will give you an example of a simple and straightforward Boris deck. It has some bad matchups like stall or mill but overall, you should do well against most decks out there.

Boris + 40

Allies: 22
    4x Masked Bandit or another 2CC Ally
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Layarian Seductress
    3x Priest of the Light
    2x Tainted Oracle
    3x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Viska the Scarlet Blade
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities: 14
    4x Blood Frenzy
    3x Crippling Blow
    3x Retreat!
    3x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage

Items: 4
    2x The Kings Pride
    2x Dragon's Tooth

Very simple deck. You could take out 1 Retreat! And Crippling Blow for 2x Treasured Heirloom or 2x Bad Santa for more draw. Or you could do the same and add 2x Layarian Diplomat to get rid of stealth or armor abilities of opposing allies for one turn so you can kill them. Up to you.

Going first
    ("CC" means casting cost)
    Turn 2: 2cc ally
    Turn 3: Blood Frenzy. This is always Turn 3. Don't wait. If you do, you will run out of cards. More cards means you can sacrifice every turn to build up for your heavy hitters. If you don't have it, do your best to plan with what you have. It happens.
    Turn 4: Tainted Oracle or another 3CC ally. Or, Crippling Blow/Retreat! To deal with opposing Allies. If against Baduruu and he summoned a weapon, break it immediately if you have Smashing Blow in hand.
    Turn 5: use Boris ability on biggest threat. Not always about attack. So be sure to think in this. Play Braxnorian if you can. He is a big body to deal with and sometimes your Opponent allies in play can't even attack him because his ability keeps Allies with 3 health or less away. Or, you play 3CC ally + Retreat/Crippling Blow
    Turn 6: Viska if you have her. This is what I was talking about when I said turn 5-6 you can take over. After turn five ally death With Boris ability and casting ally with retreat or Crippling Blow or just Braxnorian, now Viska with Haste comes in and you can really take charge.
    Or Dragon's Tooth if you need to kill a 5CC or more ally for your opponent. Remember, when you attack them, they will die instantly. If they attack you, they won't die. Even if they take damage. Very important.
    Turn 7: More Allies or abilities depends on the situation. The Kings Pride if you want. However, I don't play this card unless I am going for a finishing blow or I need the boost to kill opposing allies to keep things from getting out of control. Most heroes have some kind of item destruction. So don't cast it just because. It might not last.

From this point, you just play as is warranted. You'll learn how to play and sacrifice differently vs certain hero types. Maybe you will find other cards you want to add in. What I have given you here is very standard. Very basic. But still effective.

Going 2nd is very much the same. Always turn 3 Blood Frenzy if you have it. Same overal strategy.

Good luck to you my friend. I hope you stick around for a while. This is a great game.

P.S. Join the community on Telegram messaging app. That is where most of the conversations happen. The world map text box is not everyone. Find more in Telegram Shadow Era Chat Rooms.

PM me if you want. I can have people add you in. Or if you would like any other advice. I don't mind to help if I have the time.

My telegram is @Josellamas
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 05-26-2017 at 10:56 PM.