Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is this game p2w?

I just started playing and noticed its not p2w until I realized you cant buy heroes with gold. So I was wondering what if your really high level where its very hard to earn gems and so you cant buy packs to get heroes and they release a new hero thats op or very strong and now your screwed..

How often are new heroes released and are they "op" or are all heroes more or less balanced

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually you can buy individual heroes with gold, just uncheck the "Only Show Suggested Cards" checkbox in the Filters (would kinda make more sense if they had that box unchecked instead of checked by default, as that box just shows you cards that can go with your currently loaded hero).

New heroes are generally released with every other set (all sets have heroes in the packs, but alternate between brand new heroes and alternate art versions). The exceptions are Loest and Rothem who are specifically in the Crystals Anthology deck. As for balance, some heroes are definitely stronger than others, but they are balanced enough were you do see a pretty good mix of many heroes among top players.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems to be less P2W than any card game I've seen, except maybe Scrolls.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, I built my collection on grinding and a few donations, also wise spending of Sc and gold.
    But I have spent a lot of money , just because I wanted all the cards and the sleeves and such. Not to mention it's fun.

You can build a competative deck out of any hero deck (but your gonna need to add better cards ). So Imo it's not p2w
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's totally not p2w. You can buy all the cards with gold and getting crystals, at least at the begining, is very easy.I have been playing for less than a week and I already bought a full deck, sold it, and made a custom one with the gold from it. All that without paying anything (don't judge, me I'm poor)
    I think you only need to pay for cosmetic stuff, extra slots to save decks and if you want to get new cards real fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Completely fair to f2p players. Of course it will take awhile to earn the cards you want ... but a time will come when you are buying boring cards like Nova Infusion that are really expensive and absolutely useless because you have 4x of everything better. There used to be guides on how to make decks for every hero spending just 20 bucks. If you can find them they are horribly dated. If you spend 20 bucks you basically will have no problem making what ever deck you want. So yeah. It's easy to earn gold, but it will take time. For new players it is a lot easier than when I started. Much better card pool and guides for individual heroes.

I simply recommend using eladwen/raikka to start with because they have straight forward styles depending on the build and are cost effective for beginners. And since the strategy is basic you can pay attention to what other people are using and what you like. Zaladar is great for farming the AI in the very beginning when you basically have no library or gold.

Welcome to the last CCG you will ever need

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess then the only other issue I have is that getting gold seems quite grindy, some cards cost 200 and 400 gold or more...

Is there any cards I should get my hero is the one that kills an ally if their cost is 4 or lower.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbroccoli View Post
    It's totally not p2w. You can buy all the cards with gold and getting crystals, at least at the begining, is very easy.I have been playing for less than a week and I already bought a full deck, sold it, and made a custom one with the gold from it. All that without paying anything (don't judge, me I'm poor)
    I think you only need to pay for cosmetic stuff, extra slots to save decks and if you want to get new cards real fast.
    What deck did you buy and for how much did it sell for? is it a good idea to buy cards or those pre made decks then sell them, I dont understand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Only sell cards more than 4x - you get half their value. They probably bought Raikka (best gold to sc ratio). Not as grindy as it once was, except that there are more cards to grind for.

This will help at first:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-gold-farming)

Meltdown is a fun way to learn cards and an effective way to earn stuff after you know the cards and have a week end off or something. You can compete regardless. You get 4 booster packs and make a thirty card or larger deck using one of the heroes and any of the cards ignoring faction and class restrictions. You don't get to keep the free cards from the free boosters sadly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Like other mentioned before, this game is very friendly for newcomers because it allows you free access to buy all cards with gold (as long as they are available in the merchant) and gold is free to get.

I do suggest however to wait for one of those 20 usd promotions and if you can afford it, buy it. It will give you around 2700 crystals and a few other goodies, you'll be able to get a ton more cards quick and you'll be supporting this great game as well!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.