Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hello everyone! ^.^ New player with some questions.

Hello. I'm new to Sadow Era and to TCG in general. So far I'm really enjoying it, but I have some questions:
    I want to improve my deck, I dont have much money but I might spend a little just for a good deck. Im using Eladwen Frostmire starter deck and I've seen some deck builds for it but there are so many options that I'm kind of overwhelmed. I like the rush strategy and I saw one that focuses on freezing enemy allies which seems nice. I know that the best way to choose is to test them but I would like to know what are your recomendations. Also whats the best way of getting the cards I would need? Should I buy a deck, booster packs or single cards? Are shadow mage cards compatible with human mage? BC I've seen the AI use some that I like.

On another topic. How long do you think this game is going to last? Im asking because it seems that the community is a bit slow and there arent many players and I would hate to spend time and maybe money just for the game to die a couple months later.

And Finally. Whats a guild exactly?

I think thats all. Sorry for the long post and my crappy english. Thanks in advance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome.If you like rush mage deck you should have cheap ally for early game presure and later finished with burn.Cards like Kris,puwen,aldon,seductress,tained oracle.. Yes you can use all mage cards in Eladwen deck,all mage and human and neutral cards.
    You should buy packs(that with a lot of cards) and cards(with gold).
    We all hope that game will stay very long.
    The guilds are like teams.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A good way to get enough gold for the cards you need is to buy the Raikka Spellseeker deck (Premium Shadow Mage deck). In addition to having cards that are already compatible with your Eladwen (like Fireballs or Lightning Strikes), any of the other cards that you don't need sell for a good amount of gold (different starters have different gold costs depending on what cards they contain).

Cards are divided into two factions (Human and Shadow) and seven classes (Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Wulven and Elemental). If I am a Human Mage like Eladwen, I can use any cards from the Human card pool, the Mage card pool, and the pool of Neutral cards; I just can't use anything Shadow or from any of the other classes (I can't use Blood Frenzy for example, as that is a Warrior card).

Guilds are just groups of players, generally with common goals or backgrounds. Some guild are more competitive, some are more for beginners, some are based on where the players are from (the guild known as 17 is a guild of Italian players for example). Guilds are mostly just here on these forums and their own guild forums, as the game doesn't have any in game support for guilds yet.

As for the game lasting, it has long been an issue that this game has rather slow development, and when it's in a lull like now not much goes on in the forums. Hopefully something new does come soon and kicks up more activity, because it has been pretty dead of late, which as you say hopefully isn't a bad sign.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A guild are group of persons! Where players are improving their skills, techniques ! The guild helps in many kind of things
    There are many guilds like TJ, BP,BT,DA,A1,SK every has got decent image!!!
    If you'do like to join any guild then you need to download Telegram
    Telegram is another way of communication to many Shadow Era players!
    Being part of a guild took players to next level...There are a whole list of guild in fourms and Welcome To SE
    Member Of High Council DA
    Proud Of Be A DA
    Last edited by AHSAN022; 05-15-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't be discouraged by this game at first it can be rwally discouraging because of course no one is good when the first start but the game is one of the best tcg out there in my opinion as far as gameplay. The only negative most players here will tell you is that the development is very slow which is depressing but trust me the game won't die till this game has no life left apparently the company is working on development right now we will see.
    Have fun on this game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's been around for a long time. It will be around for a long time. It will always update slower than other games because the devs put more focus into balance than most games. I mean a lot of focus is balancing. If you look through the forums you will find tons of discussion about and the devs do listen. Small programming house .... so yeah. This is the first real TCM that was for Android. Probably one of the first for Apple too. The first time I saw this game it was on an iPod ... POD!

Eladwen / Raikka like tman mentioned is a great way to start. They share class cards. What tman didn't mention is that not only do eladwen and raikka share cards raikka's starter has the best gold to shadow crystal ratio of the starters and those two are two of the least expensive heroes to build decks for. Mages also start out strong (you can easily get a rating over 250).

In my signature there is a link to a really polished 30 card AI farming decks (you only need 30 cards to face the AI). Not really a great way to earn money, but really handy your first couple weeks just starting and it won't interfere with your mage decks that you will be tuning and taking into ranked.

Even if you don't play it for money and prizes meltdown is a nice way to learn cards. In that mode you get 4 free temporary starter packs to build a deck out of ignoring faction and class restrictions. Some games end up REALLY cool. I recommend playing on the weekends when more people are on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you all.
    I will follow your advice for the deck. @tman507 are you the writer on the gondorrian site? I've been reading the guides over there, really helpfull.
    I saw the Guilds forum but most of them are either dead or seem to be and the ones that are still alive scare me. They are too serious about being competitive and Im just a noob lol. I think I'll have to wait a little.
    Thanks again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I usually am the guy now who updates on guilds right now I do the guild interviews and guikd power rankings

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbroccoli
    @tman507 are you the writer on the gondorrian site?
    lol, no, that's Gondorian's (a member of the Design Team) site. I just like answering questions here if I can.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elad Rush! It's the only way to go!
    You picked my fav girl. Look it up in strategy section or join us on telegram the chat app.
    There's a thread about it in new players section.

Join us there , meet all the players and guilds.
    And generally have fun.

Welcome to the game!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread