Close

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    It shuffles as many times as you click on shuffle. I shuffled like 8 times idk, i just kept clicking it. However, it shuffles seeds not the actual brackets. I tell you one better though, i could have done whatever the hell i wanted to by manual editing.
    Anyway, you wanna call me a cheater, go ahead. It's kinda sad though where the tourney community is heading lately.

Edit: TJ has 7 byes and 5 non-byes. Well, it can happen randomly, but anyone who knows basic probability may find it suspicious. Actually, they paid good money.
    I think you just wanted to see all the TJ decks... but apparently not mine because I am one of the 5. It isn't that big of deal. The best players will advance either way
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does any a1 player want to trade their 1st round bye for an opponent? You know, so it'll look less suspicious.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Cerddorion
    *censored*
    Last edited by Cerddorion; 05-20-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    It shuffles as many times as you click on shuffle. I shuffled like 8 times idk, i just kept clicking it. However, it shuffles seeds not the actual brackets. I tell you one better though, i could have done whatever the hell i wanted to by manual editing.
    Anyway, you wanna call me a cheater, go ahead. .

Edit: TJ has 7 byes and 5 non-byes. Well, it can happen randomly, but anyone who knows basic probability may find it suspicious. Actually, they paid good money.
    im happy that there are people who sacrifice their time and help to organize such an event especially by seeing that GDC and kyle are absent. thanks for that. i didnt call you a cheater. my post may sound passive aggressive, sorry for that, but i wanted to get constructive discussion about the case which appears at first sight to give unfair advantage.
    if you decide to organise such a important event it would be nice to have more clarity in organisation process. without transparancy its going to become Wild West how it looks to me and then i will agree with your statement - ''It's kinda sad where the tourney community is heading lately''.
    regarding your last argument: TJ's benefit doesnt automaticlly justify A1-allianace overpower. you have to understand that it easily could look like an arificially created alibi to cover bigger disbalance. since you said that that shuffling (which can be edited how you said) was done by 1 person - you, who is actually - one of the self-interested participants and one of those who got 'bye' advantage beside your 12 guildmates.
    in the interest of fairiness and transparancy i want to ask to re-shuffle the bracket in the presence of GDC ,or kyle, or other guilds representatives because in this very tournament world championship places are being destributed. stakes are higher than in normal or even ProTour tournaments.
    u have to understand that its a big tournament and these questions will arise. im not writing this to make an accusation, but the issues which have come up will not disappear by themseves and will not help to have healthier tournament now and and in the future.

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    Does any a1 player want to trade their 1st round bye for an opponent? You know, so it'll look less suspicious.

No, we are not going to start manually editing things. That is never should happen in any tourney. And what the hell would that even prove? Next accusation would be, "it's still rigged, just a1 whoever took one for the team"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    im happy that there are people who sacrifice their time and help to organize such an event especially by seeing that GDC and kyle are absent. thanks for that. i didnt call you a cheater. my post may sound passive aggressive, sorry for that, but i wanted to get constructive discussion about the case which appears at first sight to give unfair advantage.
    if you decide to organise such a important event it would be nice to have more clarity in organisation process. without transparancy its going to become Wild West how it looks to me and then i will agree with your statement - ''It's kinda sad where the tourney community is heading lately''.
    regarding your last argument: TJ's benefit doesnt automaticlly justify A1-allianace overpower. you have to understand that it easily could look like an arificially created alibi to cover bigger disbalance. since you said that that shuffling (which can be edited how you said) was done by 1 person - you, who is actually - one of the self-interested participants and one of those who got 'bye' advantage beside your 12 guildmates.
    in the interest of fairiness and transparancy i want to ask to re-shuffle the bracket in the presence of GDC ,or kyle, or other guilds representatives because in this very tournament world championship places are being destributed. stakes are higher than in normal or even ProTour tournaments.
    u have to understand that its a big tournament and these questions will arise. im not writing this to make an accusation, but the issues which have come up will not disappear by themseves and will not help to have healthier tournament now and and in the future.
    Yeah, not gonna happen. What if somebody doesn't like the next bracket? Reshuffle again? Where does that stop?
    How in the hell am I supposed to shuffle brackets in the "presence" of anybody over the internet?

And my most important question: why didn't you ask this last year, when cait was running this tourney for wc spots? Why didn't you ask this when TJ was running Crown for wc spots?

These are absolutely new issues you are coming up with. And what you are saying is exactly this: I rigged the brackets for the slight benefit of 1 less round for some people.
    Well, if you think so, I feel teribly sorry for you, but I can't help with that. We wanted the tourney to get big and not stop at 64, unfortunately the format requires a hell of a lot of byes to work. And with 33% byes the variance is huge.

Just so you now, wc will be run by the players this year. Wulven is not going to participate in it in any other way than deckchecks. Now, there's some good food for conspiracy theories.

In any case whoever doesn't like the TO's decisions, can feel free to not participate in the tourney.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would close my eyes and trust Fordfff without any doubt when its about the fair-play in tournaments. I guess its because i know how fordfff acts in general.
    Anyways getting a bye won't have any impact in the end of results. The best players will advance and we usually meet the same people in semi- and in final
    Last edited by Burnout1985; 05-20-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Cerddorion
    If you say you shuffled 8 times, then you could of shuffled a few more once you saw how the current bracket looks. But instead you went with this one for either laziness or advantage. Perception is reality after all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    If you say you shuffled 8 times, then you could of shuffled a few more once you saw how the current bracket looks. But instead you went with this one for either laziness or advantage. Perception is reality after all.
    I will go with the assumption that you have never hosted a tourney, because if you did, you would know better how challonge works. It's all good ripping a new one for first timer TO's, but it looks a tad better if you actually know what are you talking about.

Let me give you a crash course on the intricacies of challonge (well, at least the parts i know about)

It shuffles seeds and not brackets. What does that mean you can ask? Well, my friend, that means that I see a list of names in entry order with numbers beside them from 1 to entry count. When I click shuffle, it assignes the names randomly to another number. When I click again, it assigns the names to a number randomly again. Now, you can guess what happens next, right? Yes, I click a couple more times and it mixes up the names a couple more times. After I'm finished with this exciting exercise, there is a button named "create brackets" or somesuch. I click that and voilá, I get the brackets, which are based off on seeds somehow, idk how it works, neither do I care.

Now, you might be a genius, and see in your head how will the brackets look after you shuffled, by only watching the seed list, so you can reshuffle if you wish, but alas I am not that great, so I have to rely on challonge providing me with the actual brackets. Which I can not shuffle afterwards, whether I like it or not.

Experienced TOs, please correct me if I'm wrong with that, I'm a challonge noob.

I'm pretty sure that you can do all kinds of shenanigans by manual editing the entry list or resetting the whole thing or creating a whole new slugfest IX to start over, but you know, there are people with principles in the world who believe in fair play. Whether you like it or not.

Now, we have arrived to the next part. It is an absolutely genius idea to suggest correcting a rigged looking bracket by actually rigging it. I don't know how you guys do it in bp, but I have my doubts that Itachi or HP would shuffle until they like the looks.

Feel free to voice any further concerns, you're friendly neighborhood Fordfff is here to help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This drama reminds me of the time during the very first WC..when GDC had just left A1 and was the TO of the WC. There were deck submission requirements also and people had their conspiracy theories. The good ol'days.

IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts