Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question I want to have many "monsters" on the field, what hero is best?

Hello am new to this game. I like having many different creatures on the board and to dominate the game by having more/stronger creatures then the enemy. What Class/hero would you recommend? I shall play mostly vs AI in the beginning.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....4-rated-Praxix

This sounds like your style. Others might have some good suggestions also but this is very strong
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello, welcome.

If you like big monsters, then a warrior like Boris can help you get them on board, but also Gravebone can recall monsters from the graveyard. Discard GB is a nightmare for brining medium to large cards to the field. But pretty much any hero can have big (or fatties as we call them) allies on deck, it's a question of using them.

Playing the AI is great but I urge you to play rated games vs real people, you'll really learn there, the AI is good to learn cards and grind gold and watch the embers commercials for some SC.

We all chat on Telegram , the chat app, (in this section there a thread about it). If you can get that, we can help you much faster find your deck and style.

Welcome bro.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tala is probably more your style if you are looking for both more/stronger. The mini expansion from the campaign cards has given her quite the boost. She is the same class as Boris that kip mentioned and can use all the same cards. But yeah, with her protector buff she brings the party. Playing with her always makes me think of chess. Personally, I am liking her in the present meta.

Homnoculi Raikka - works out to be the cheapest mage rush deck presently that I can think of and her starter probably has the best gold to shadow crystal ratio (they massively improved the CotC starters and I don't know if anybody has done the math). She can make an army of very angry spiders! Really cost effective for a new player.

The one that nobody mentioned though is Moonstalker. Oh, like kolpo isn't gonna find out. I have a Aldmor themed rushstalker build that I have been playing with. On one hand it is really easy to use and gets a horde out and multiple Ancients of Aldmor out backed by Moonstalker is shameful. Ancients are probably out of your price range though. Hide and bring the monsters out to play.

Elementalis (same class as prax mentioned by brady) - can make some nasty monsters come to play - one of the few builds it isn't shocking to see good 'ol olgy. We miss you Olgy!

As far as farming the AI goes use this: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-gold-farming) and get all your farming out of your system in a month. It is really cheap to build and the AI can't really beat it. One in a million random priest hits you with both ice storm and tidal wave ... and you still might win. And it is crazy fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whatever you go with be sure to watch out when playing against Priests with their Tidal Wave. Also Elementals and Mages with their Energy Discharges and Supernovas.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Turn 5 and up is very dangerous in the Shadow Era universe.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks all for your advice. Should I save shadow crystals for the starter deck of the desired hero and then buy the rest with gold or should I save gold until I can buy it all?

Has this game an option to raise the difficulty of the AI? It is becoming very easy quickly. Am I in PVP placed against random players or players of my skill level?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI IS pathetic. When this game first came out you started with 30 cards and one hero. You actually had to earn enough to make a 40 card deck before you could play ranked. So the AI is really basic and mostly exists to teach you how to play the game your first week. It slowly gets better but the change in difficulty is only noticible if you limit yourself to pure CotC cards (the first set).

As far as spending SC goes mostly that's up to you. Starter decks are just that - starter decks so they are great at the beginning or if you need emergency gold because there is a card you must have. The Crystal Anthology deck is something completely different and it might be worthwhile to save up your SC from leveling for copies of that when you can get SC really quickly. You get the legendary heroes which I'm sure look terrifying price wise if you were to buy them with gold as well as some foils and alt art cards and there are more cards in that deck.