Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rust Weevil & Lythian Sledgehammer

Yoyo,

There is an issue with the interaction between Rust Weevil and Lythian Sledgehammer.

If you deal non lethal combat damage to Rust Weevil, Lythian Sledgehammer will lose an additional durability. No problem there.

However, when Lythian Sledgehammer deals lethal damage to Rust Weevil, it does not lose an additional durability for dealing combat damage.

It seems the game jumps to the second passive of Rust Weevil upon death to try and destroy the weapon. This is not possible so the ability fails. However, the weapon still dealt lethal "damage" to Rust Weevil so it should lose an additional durability. It does not.

I have never seen this scenario before but it came up in teching ideas among the guild. Burnout happened to mention that Lythian Sledgehammer is not affected by Weevil. So we tested the above scenario and found it to be true.

Thank you.

P.S. A1Virpe has a win streak of 30-0 against A1 Arcadius.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 04-15-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm glad you dug up that other thread about it, because I was just going to give a short answer that it's not a bug. (Weevil has left play before the normal durability would come off and so he can't cause additional durability.) Thanks to your link, we can now see more in-depth reasoning behind it not being a bug.