Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Howdy, and welcome, so ya started w Serena, she was my first hero back in 2011. A lot has changed for her especially recently, but she still viable just a bit tough vs some heros. Let's see, the forums is getting more active as its a way to not lose your post burried under a bunch of other posts, but we have all gravitated to Telegram as our main source of fairly instant communication and where players meet for tourneys and strategy, but it's like a bar, you never know who will be online , but you will get good answers. (look in new players section for the threads about it, mine explains it pretty well )

Our community is from all over the world , which is awsome, and everybody wants to have fun and help, so I urge you to join us there. You'll meet members from every guild and just pretty cool people. All of us addicted to this game. (If you do get TG , search @kip_thorp and you can pm me, I'll add you to all relevant SE rooms)

As for economics, SE is one of the best deals out there, a minimal investment will get you a lot, and sell any cards that you have more than 4 of will get you gold towards you next cards. Buy a Rakkia deck for 250 SC and sell it for over 7k gold. Not bad.

Hope that's useful. Welcome to the last CTG you'll ever need.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome.

It's always nice to see players who migrate from other TCGs finding Shadow Era to be of such great value. Your feedback as a new player is something I think Wulven should take into mind as it might help them design the game interface better to keep new players from leaving even before they get into the meat of the game.

The community is generally friendly with a few trolls and ogres every once in a while . Make sure you join some of the pop-ups and tournaments that several guilds and players sponsor as they bring about a different breed of players and decks compared to what you might meet in Quick Match.

Lastly, ignore Gondorian and his postcount . He's just the local spammer in the forum always trying to help out new players and get feedback on card designs and such. Although one post of his you should look out for will be for the Shadow Era World Championships which will probably occur near the end of the year but there will be qualifying rounds way before that.

If you want to look at last year's tournament games, there should be a link somewhere here in the forum. Some cards have been modified since then but it should give you an idea of the level of play that can be achieved by great deck builders.

Enjoy!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome. Many do the Telegram but some like me use the forums primarily, and I still think I get great information.

I'd give ankle breaker another look over shurkin for Serena. Cutlass is very good though.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!

I wouldn't call this game cheap to start anymore, but there is one thing great about this game's economy. They do not make strictly better cards. Every card they design is different and therefore has its use somewhere. Your spending will NEVER become a waste. Strictly speaking, every card is unique and have no replacement.

For example, there is a card called shadowspawn which was seen useless for years. Its text has not been changed, but now it suddenly became a key card in Elementalis. There are less used cards, yes. But that's just for now.

Wulven needs to advertise that every spending will have its share in game experience forever.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm glad to see your answers and I agree with your observations.
    I'm converging on your impressions as I get more and more experience into this game.

Just so you know, I'm still having a lot of fun, and mostly by deck building : The diversity Shadow Era gives you in your crafts amazes me. Everything seems to have a chance to exist as viable.

Thanks again for your feedback and see you soon in the game or via Telegram
    Byebye

Nallore

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Possible to add me in telegram? @Takumi143

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your in buddy
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mad respect for such a good first post. Um, Wow! You will fit in perfectly here.

Shadow Era has a really pleasant economy, this game gives you really good value for your money. On the other hand you can acquire every card without ever paying a cent.

The community is quite unlike any mobile game you will find - shadow era has been around for ever. A friend of mine showed it to me on an iPod ... an iPod - lol. They have contests to get your artwork in game. We are all beta testers for this game. Actually the forums are probably the best for any game I have seen. Even our trolls are behaved. There was a player Caitlyn0 that was so active when they were alive they are now a card sleeve. Honestly I miss her in game more though. She rocked!

The only thing that hurts Shadow Era is that the updates are slow. I don't mind. I love that the meta is so completely polished and balanced. Find another game that comes close. And then we all get our say on the mechanics so ... seems totally fair to me. But the speed of the updates does bother some players. The meta balancing makes a HUGE difference. There are so many TCG/CCG games that are pure crap, a few though shine like gems except thier metas are broken and unbalanced. With the money behind WoW you'd think they could make a good card game - nope they just make prettier shinier crap. Actually that game reminds me of those little kid toys that you poke in random places and it make a sound. Takes the same amount of strategy - it's just random chaos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh and that's a really good Serena for your first deck. Normally, I would say Serena isn't for beginners but if you just threw that together, just ignore me. Serena is a beast!