Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3.17 Stealth Tala

Cave Spider + protector = 2cc 2/3 Stealth Protector!

Hero: Tala Pureheart

Allies (27):
    2x Braxnorian Temptress ~200g
    4x Yari Bladedancer ~300g
    4x Cave Spider ~100g
    3x Aldon the Brave ~430g
    2x Priest of the Light ~460g
    4x Fleet-footed Messenger ~210g
    2x Layarian Seductress ~550g
    4x Fortified Wisp ~680g
    2x Winthill Assailer ~100g

Abilities (9):
    1x Crippling Blow ~100g
    3x Retreat! ~100g
    1x Smashing Blow ~100g
    4x Blood Frenzy ~100g

Items (3):
    3x The Last Harvest ~300g

40 cards ~ 11070g

3HP stealth is very important. It survives very common 2 stealth bypassing damages like Gambit, Thunderstrike Construct and Sabreen. Retreat won't hurt as much because spider is just 2cc and you don't lose much tempo.

Yes, Spider isn't great against Ythan, Baduruu and direct damage heroes like Zal and Mage. However, Tala can always choose to give protector to tanky allies like Wisp and Sandworm (not in this build but definitely an option). In those much ups, tanky allies are all you need for win, you know.

Another new CP card Winthrill Assailer got a spot because it fits the resource curve so nicely. You want to play 2cc + 3cc at 5 resource and his(her?) 2cc ability is great to take out allies you tend to leave on the board until t5 such as garg and night owl.

Best use of CP cards I've found so far. Enjoy!
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks fun. I'm going to try it out. Thanks.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tala is fluffy bunny great with wild cp cards, but no Elenor or packbeast? One to hide and one to heal. like the old sting song all this time

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like your tech, sneak in an elenor and a packbeast. actually, screw elenor ... too expected and to cliche in a tala deck. Packbeast on the other hand wants to make a home in your deck. Oh wait, that means I might face you in qm. Oh wait it has been ages since I saw you in qm? I really like the tech. Nice and oh so dinner time yum yum. Add packbeast and may we not meet in qm when either of us are using tala! I don't mind in truth I am totally down for a tala battle. I do think you can sneak a few (3) packbeasts and annoy people.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure about Kylt ... both of us are rocking the last harvest instead in our tala builds. He mentioned the 5 cc point and Legion would mess that up. Drop 1 harvest activate it and use ff messenger - much faster than just dropping legion. Or better yet as he intends it t4 drop Winthill t5 use winthill and drop a 2cc card. Also Tala hides her allies behind a beasty and legion only really helps her for things like supernova which tala never cared about anyway. Legion isn't a bad card ... just try and take it away from Amber. Good luck with that she will cut you with her J. Dream. Personally I always felt that Platinum Chainmail is more Tala's style.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would consider sentinal in. Add 2hp to spider will put him at 5hp with ambush

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    I would consider sentinal in. Add 2hp to spider will put him at 5hp with ambush

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Sentinel and packbeast are both not good at all. Can't kill allies with them so you'll be behind forever. FFM is different tho. T2 yari t3 ffm can kill opp ally, but sentinel and packbeast cannot.

Sure 5hp stealth protector with ambush is nice, but if it's at the cost of non threatening 1/5 who is incapable of killing opp ally, I don't need it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Ever tried Legion United?
    No but I see your point. It kind of makes sense. I prefer to rely on wisp and sandworm because they are more promising in general, but Legion United with normal strong mid cost allies might be great in certain meta.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am happy with the 2 pack beasts in my current Tala build (but I made a true winnie rush (all allies are 3cc or less - so none of the other far superior tanks - even so I only run 2). So I get your reasoning here. The reasons you list basically are the reason I only run packbeast in this deck - never in my actual homnoculi builds, or any other build after the novelty wore off.

@segalion Sentinel works in my Tala deck only because I have more ambush critters - and he like Elenor are just barely holding on in my Tala. I think they way Kylt means how wisp and sandworm as being more promising is because they are also allies with board presence that can hit you (Just guessing). I don't run it unless I can back it up. A priest has forgiveness and though Tala has access to J. Dream he (Kylt) is not rolling it (and if he was I think he could find another use for the extra 2cc). Actually the one I really hate - The King's Pride ... 7cc is to expensive in my decks - but when people use it against me I make sad faces. Still you got to back it up with extra cc or to pull it out of your resource pile.

I have found Shrine of Negatia to be great in Tala! It was always a really good yet over looked card. Your resource curve is less forgiving than mine (really) and the 1cc cost to really screw with people could help you. And you love the tech cards I know. I actually resurrected the Shrine / Rain delay combo for a bit - just for old times sake. But Shrine has been sooo very useful in the present meta that recycling rain delays is just silly. Pretty much decided Shrine is better than Dawn Raid now anyway - thank you unity 3d bug. You might want to stick in 2x J. Dream. Sure it only hits for one, but that is not why you use it. Activation cost for say Winthill, and you might be able to swap L. Seductress for Jasmine. L. Seductress vs Jasmine has always been a hard debate (for me). With Tala I feel Jasmine is the better choice because the on summon ability of L. Seductress is so conditional and tala can protect Jas and use her ability over and over and with J. Dream out you'll still be dropping critters. I would run only 2 copies of aldon simply because he is rare. I would lose a copy of FFM and raise you up to 41 cards and suggest you throw in 3 looms (cheap cc and cheap activation - 1 cc to play and 1cc to use). But that is more like "What to do with my leftover cc?" I would add another Braxnorian Temptress and lose the smashing blow. I find crip blow un-needed in a tala build (I have birgette in my build). It might work for you. Pretty sure it does.

The other things I am doing with my tala won't work with yours Kylt. Sorry, we make decks different. Besides you make better warrior decks than mine. His is more robust than mine and mine is quicker (vs simple rush). I set myself up for overwhelm - we are rocking different combos too. No biggie. There are certain deck builders I pay attention to when they share certain kinds of builds. Kylt is a very good deck builder, and far better than me when it comes to warriors. Well, I am even worse with hunters and rogues .

@Kylt: I really am finding shrine so good I dropped my 3 retreats to make room for 3 shrines. Also I don't like C. Blow in my Tala builds. She shouldn't need it. Unless things go very badly. You might need that C. Blow. C. Blow + Ally (or other random stuff) - totally makes sense. You really need to stick at least 2 copies of J. Dream in, a few Shrines and maybe swap out 1 FFM or a loom. God it hurts to give up FFM even if he hits for 1. But loom is soo cheap. And FFM is so useful - feel the pain and man cry!