Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ideal deck size in general?

what do you find to be the best deck size and composition?

I know my deck is way to big, so I need a resize, but I can not decide what to cut.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    30 cards. Thats pretty much it.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It depends a lot on what kind of deck you have, if you have a lot of card-buy capability you can use more then 30 cards, but don't use to much because then you will just never get your best cards.

I would say the best decksize is 30-40, depending on who you use it/what cards you use.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe between 30 and 50 cafés, depending on what deck you use and ofcourse Hero and wath kind of cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry, between 30 and 50 cards, of course.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    30 is best for most all decks. If you have extraordinary draw, or all your cards do the same thing 35-40. (Boris, majiya)

If your a darkclaw you can run 40 or 50 with 4x Santa and 4x bazaar. But even that, not advised.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would say 30 but unless you're elemental you can get decked by a priest or ranger who plays smart. I notice a lot of Majiya (card draw machine) and priest (sit back and wait machine) use 35-45. I am elemental and play 32 cards with 1 Eternal Renewal just in case (shuffle graveyard back into library).

I think once they release the next set of cards the min deck size should be increased to 40. I can see why it's 30 now because otherwise everyone would have similar looking decks, but once the card pool is increased it'll make the games a little more interesting. Things actually get a little dry when everyone always gets the card they want.

This game is fun and all but I think it would be better at 40. Yes you get frustrated more, but your opponent isn't hitting his key cards as much either anymore, and I think it'll help take down the power of mages who with 30 card decks can just go "fireball, fireball, lightning strike, lightning strike, I win".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Yes you get frustrated more, but your opponent isn't hitting his key cards as much either anymore...".
    Not if you have my 'luck', played against a Elemental with a 60 card deck, at the end I only needed a f*cking fireball i had 3 more in my deck and only 12 more cards to go, 2 times i bought 2 cards and didn't got 1, while he stil had a lot of cards to go but got his 4rd (and winning) Mind Control....

Bad luck s*cks.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar View Post
    Not if you have my 'luck', played against a Elemental with a 60 card deck, at the end I only needed a f*cking fireball i had 3 more in my deck and only 12 more cards to go, 2 times i bought 2 cards and didn't got 1, while he stil had a lot of cards to go but got his 4rd (and winning) Mind Control....

Bad luck s*cks.
    Don't feel bad I lost to a 50 card Logan Stonebreaker deck yesterday. I drew 4 Bad Santas in my opening hand and went second -_-

Happens to everyone.