Close

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Buying Shadow Crystals with Mobile/Cell Phone Credit?

EDIT: It is possible. Go here, enter your Shadow Era account email address, and click on the mobile phone picture in the top right corner.

I have a Pay-As-You-Go mobile phone which I top up by £15 every month to get free calls and texts to people on the same network as me. I end up with lots of leftover credit that is just accumulating. Sure, I could not top up one month, and pay for my calls, but it sure would be nice if I could instead direct my spare credit towards Shadow Crystals instead.

I got the idea from Comic Relief, where I was able to donate £20 from my phone credit balance, which didn't really feel like £20 as it is money that I otherwise can't make use of anyway.

Here's one such implementation of mobile payments that could be easy for Wulven to support:

http://www.mobiletransaction.org/mobillcash.html

This would also make it easier for people without credit-card to buy crystals.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 05-07-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Answered my own question

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    I have a Pay-As-You-Go mobile phone which I top up by £15 every month to get free calls and texts to people on the same network as me. I end up with lots of leftover credit that is just accumulating. Sure, I could not top up one month, and pay for my calls, but it sure would be nice if I could instead direct my spare credit towards Shadow Crystals instead.

I got the idea from Comic Relief, where I was able to donate £20 from my phone credit balance, which didn't really feel like £20 as it is money that I otherwise can't make use of anyway.

Here's one such implementation of mobile payments that could be easy for Wulven to support:

http://www.mobiletransaction.org/mobillcash.html

This would also make it easier for people without credit-card to buy crystals.
    I'm pretty sure you can already. Go to the buy crystals page, and click on the little phone button.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can already. Go to the buy crystals page, and click on the little phone button.
    Hey, you're right! You can get 982 Shadow Crystals for £5 of phone credit. That's equivalent to 1176 for £5.99, which is less than the 1300 you would get with App Store purchase or PayPal, but - as I said before - my phone credit is not worth as much to me as the cash in my pocket, so I think I will be getting my Crystals by this method in future!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just gave it a go, to make sure it all works, and went with allopass which gave 984 Shadow Crystals. I just sent an SMS to the number, got a confirmation code right back instantly and then typed it into the web page and my account was credited with the Crystals a minute later.

It's great when technology just works! :-)