Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    thank you for the vids, at least now people will understand that those are not regular bugs but exploits.
    I am wondering when we will see some action against cheaters and when we will see fixes
    We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice.
    *** Yaemon - Undead Warchief of A1 Alliance ***
    This is my First SE Tournament Report

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is all basically the same "script kiddie hacking" using a tool to change values in memory. Already we are detecting and logging this on the server side and will be letting the banhammer loose very soon. This will be largely fixed on the client side in the next quick update which will be pushed live for web and PC/Mac in a few days. It would be great to have our resident hacker rumsey help test the fixes on the test server

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    that is good news thanks!
    We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice.
    *** Yaemon - Undead Warchief of A1 Alliance ***
    This is my First SE Tournament Report

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This is all basically the same "script kiddie hacking" using a tool to change values in memory. Already we are detecting and logging this on the server side and will be letting the banhammer loose very soon. This will be largely fixed on the client side in the next quick update which will be pushed live for web and PC/Mac in a few days. It would be great to have our resident hacker rumsey help test the fixes on the test server
    give us a heads up when the test server updates with fixes and we'll give it a good testing. Most of the videos I posted weren't achieved by memory editing but rather by changing the routine to write different variables. If you use memory obfuscation but the routines remain largely unchanged it might be easy to find them and modify them again. Either way I'm looking forward to the update and hoping for some more stringent server side checks :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah lets hope for fixes, banhammers just mean new accounts created...
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    give us a heads up when the test server updates with fixes and we'll give it a good testing. Most of the videos I posted weren't achieved by memory editing but rather by changing the routine to write different variables. If you use memory obfuscation but the routines remain largely unchanged it might be easy to find them and modify them again. Either way I'm looking forward to the update and hoping for some more stringent server side checks :-)
    Agreed, they get the same results, but the way he's doing it has more... longevity? Basically it's easier to do it again once it's 'fixed'. The only way to go for proper detection and prevention is server side routines. Ahhh home time.... I may log on and play a few games with my Zaladar deck.... keeps my phone happy to know that I still love it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I eagerly await the fixes and the bloody trail of smashed entrails and crushed skulls left by the ban hammer.

Okay, that turned out a bit more bloodthirsty and gory than I intended, but you know what I'm trying to say.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And updated!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice additions... Got a minimalist amount done, managed to burn my comp out today. Think my graphics card melted, typical, good excuse to buy a new pc!