Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for the iPad links.

Excellent showing of what could happen. Glad these aren't widespread....
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @rumsey: This is a bit off topic, but in your first video, shouldn't you have just finished him off quickly so he couldn't have hacked the server?
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    @rumsey: This is a bit off topic, but in your first video, shouldn't you have just finished him off quickly so he couldn't have hacked the server?
    Sure I could have, but he dragged out the two turns before that futily just to frustrate me, so I decided to do the same on my last turn. It cost me the game but who could have foreseen a cheat incoming? Ah well, karmas a bitch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Heh, you can never be too careful.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It seems we've been testing similar things.

There's a lot of stuff you haven't done, that is possible... basically the skies the limit, I'm pretty sure you'll know about most of this already.

Some things I've achieved...
    (Disclaimer: I haven't tested ANY of this online... but I know if it's possible off, it's possible on)

• It is possible to draw up to your maximum hand limit every draw phase. (i.e. if you have 2 cards, you'll draw 5).
    • It is also possible to exceed your maximum hand, however it crashed the game twice, and twice I couldn't see the cards.
    • Force card draw for any card cast.
    • Prevent your opponent from drawing any cards.
    • Minimum deck size can be bypassed. (Sometimes causes crashes). Meaning you can have the deck:
      4x spark
      4x life infusion
      4x Shard
    • Ultimate nuke(hands off, it's my name now)... Basically, a fireball capable of whatever, say 50dmg.... 1 hit kill on anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    It seems we've been testing similar things.

There's a lot of stuff you haven't done, that is possible... basically the skies the limit, I'm pretty sure you'll know about most of this already.

Some things I've achieved...
    (Disclaimer: I haven't tested ANY of this online... but I know if it's possible off, it's possible on)

• It is possible to draw up to your maximum hand limit every draw phase. (i.e. if you have 2 cards, you'll draw 5).
    • It is also possible to exceed your maximum hand, however it crashed the game twice, and twice I couldn't see the cards.
    • Force card draw for any card cast.
    • Prevent your opponent from drawing any cards.
    • Minimum deck size can be bypassed. (Sometimes causes crashes). Meaning you can have the deck:
      4x spark
      4x life infusion
      4x Shard
    • Ultimate nuke(hands off, it's my name now)... Basically, a fireball capable of whatever, say 50dmg.... 1 hit kill on anything.

Minimum deck size cant be bypassed online, you get an error.
    Ultimate nuke, could also be extended to ultimate bash - giving your creatures 50 attack etc.

pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And you know what else we've been testing... THE ROLLING PIN. And that one won't even get patched, but we both know its the most OP.
    Seriously though, I knew most of what you posted but I haven't messed with denying opponent draw or the super fireball yet.
    You should send me a PM with messenger contact details, it would be nice to have someone to test with, you could help me put together some more videos if you're interested. Its as you said, with most of the processes handled client side, the sky is the limit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Minimum deck size cant be bypassed online, you get an error.

pete
    Actually this can be achieved online, I've tested it with AnAdolt. Virtually any errors this game throws you can be bypassed client side.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, what you're really seeing is two people playing a game against the AI, except the AI is cheating and using someone else's moves.

Watch Derren Brown beat 9 Grand Masters at chess. Imagine he's the server, and the rest of the people are playing against each other remotely.... If you do something 'Illegal' your side, you can pass it to the server, and tell it it's fine. It will then pass that to the other client as a valid 'action'.

The client handles pretty much everything, and just relays what it's doing to the server, which then tells the other client to do the same. So I tell the server I just killed my opponent, and it goes 'OK'.... (turns to opponent) "Bang. You're dead!" and I win....

I've been playing with emulating the server client side, meaning you can play against someone on another PC locally without the need of a server. You would obviously not gain any xp or gold, but I'm pretty sure it's doable.

Just realised I have far too much free time... which is scary since I work 60 hours a week. Guess that's why most of my free time is at 'work'.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the vids!