Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Wrath of the Forest is a card which requires a response, as does Ill-Gotten Gains. Shard of Power, Confluence of Fate, Voice of Winter and Blood Frenzy are also cards you don't really want to leave in play. I might be missing some.

Anyways, my view on the discussion which inspired this thread was that a lot of pure item and ability removal is overcosted, conditional and too limited in scope. For example, Sever Ties is often more costly than the card it is being used to destroy, has no alternative uses, and is a dead draw if the opponent is not using attachments.

I guess for me it's just something for the design team to consider, that a lot of existing removal is situational, specific, and damages your consistency if it is not needed. Not wholly against the nerf as such, but I feel as though the alternative cards aren't that well designed for quite a few heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    but that is exactly how ability and item destroy cards are supposed to be so you have to think harder when making your deck for example if you think attachments will be your biggest problem then you take sever ties. people are crying because they want to keep theyre op destruction cards. in vermin you can destroy any item or ability card you want even 7cc for only 2cc that is extremely op and the condition that they have to have 3 items and ability is not even a problem because items and ability are common now that we have more expansions.
    it usually works like this if they have less then 3 items abilities then they probably dont have strong combos so you can work around theyre setup so you dont need destroy anyway. and if they have more then it means they are setting up combos between cards and then you will be in more need of destroyed cards so the condition is not even an issue if you understand me. and when they have many you can just destroy the most important one and theyre whole setup crumbles. for example stall decks you just destroy theyre draw engines and you cripple them a lot even if they have other items on board they are useless without good draw. just like how you always destroy blood frenzy and cof against jericho and warriors. so if you ask me vermin and sorcerer still op because they have no limit to what items or ability can be destroyed and in addition they get an ally on board. and if you dont use them for destroy then you still have a strong ally to play. many players even play vermin t2 because it is so strong by itself with 5hp and 1dmg. not even focused prayer can do what they do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is the disadvantage that rogue, warrior, and priest have, that is comparable to the lack of options for item kill that most shadow heros have?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    they all have access to cards that can kill every thing, can boost cheap and expensive, loads of draw, I am seriously struggling to find the huge disadvantages.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i love how they weaken vermin\sorcerer then every time i cast dawn raid game crashed
    RISING SUN

Ign : rs namcastle
    Telegram: @namcastle
    Join us and learn more about shadow era :Rising Sun - Guild Thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by namcastle View Post
    i love how they weaken vermin\sorcerer then every time i cast dawn raid game crashed
    lol. sorry, that gave me a chuckle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nerf to Vermin and Sorcerer will benefit:
    - Warrior decks - they can have out more Crippling Blow, Blood Frenzy, Rampage, Confluence [i think this is ok]
    - Stall decks - Stalladar and Millstalker need a load of items out (but they often carry multiples) [this is broadly a bad thing, but i don't think it will make much difference]
    - Aldmor - lots of items needed to make this work [this is good! happy to see mor aldmor]
    - Jericho - needs a few attachments and artifacts to make it work [also good - need to see how the Embers buff helps as well]
    - Other interesting combos [we want these!]

The nerf will be bad for ... anyone playing against these types ... but that's the point! We want to make the decks above more powerful, with the exception of Stall.

Hard to call out specific items that you need RV / SoE for, as one single item / ability cannot be countered by these cards.

More generally, i am in favour of the change - playing an item-heavy deck should not be automatically made harder; item destruction plus ally with no downside is very powerful.

If a balance is needed ... items / abilities should be nerfed or banned. Removing Lone Wolf for example would help ...