Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodfang - Some Like It Fat

Hi All,

I know Bloodfang isn't one of the strongest heroes but I've always enjoyed playing with him so here's a deck I've been getting pretty good results with. It has very strong drawpower and many players are not really prepared for it as Bloodfang doesn't feature in the current meta.

Hero

Bloodfang

Allies (26)

4 x Pack Wolf
    4 x Bloodpack Shaman
    4 x Wulven Predator
    4 x Dread Wolf
    2 x Soothjaw
    4 x Griptooth
    4 x Riphide

Abilities (18)

4 x Now You're Mine
    4 x Blood Moon
    4 x Sacrificial Lamb
    4 x Bloodthirsty
    2 x Ley Line Nexus

Total

45 cards + Bloodfang

Griptooth is the real power behind the deck as he enables you to control the game with Riphide who is just too fat for your opponent to want on the board, or even Soothjaw / Bloodthirsty whose abilities means they cannot be left in play. Sacrificial Lamb and Griptooth are both hard counters to Crippling Blow and equivalent attachments which do not kill their targets, and there are a lot of decks which rely too heavily on those cards to protect themselves from being swarmed.

The larger deck size mitigates the duplicates of unique cards a little bit and the draw is so big that you don't notice the 45 cards, it could potentially even hold a few more although I don't know what that would look like.

Questions and comments welcome!
    Last edited by Bumbledore; 03-16-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Bumbledoor saw u play that filthy millstalker. Played ya a few times i think. Well i see some problems here. Im no tier one player or anything, made it into the 300 once lol, but usually can make it up to 290s when i play serious. The issue i see right off the gate is the unique allies and the large deck.You could trim the deck down and still achieve the same results, probly better. I was reading a post by a higher level player and bloodthirsty just isnt that good of a card. Relentless savagery is was better of an option aside from the draw issue. You dont gain cards when your ally kills but you get 2 attack for one resource less and you get it back when that ally dies. Riphide you could probly do with 3 copies. i have 3 copies in my 44 card deck and i see him to much. also no howlfang? and if you have wulven predator might as well throw in a wulven scout. ALtogether tho it looks like you can swarm the baord pretty good lol...Ill post my fang on here..let me know what u think

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Size wise it isn't that bad. Bloodthirsty is hard to use. Basically whatever you put it on is under an instant death sentence. MS can use it and hide, but BF has to wait for Griptooth, and that makes it really conditional. With both Soothjaw and Sacrificial Lamb why no Wrath of the Forest? Wrath could cover the draw you lost (or were never getting) from Bloodthirsty.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I found that with the fatties in the deck Bloodthirsty always draws you at least one card, or resource it if struggling to keep allies on the board. Wrath of the Forest is stronger than Bloodthirsty but the draw is less certain and you really need to get to Griptooth if you want to win with this deck. Wrath of the Forest is also generally better than Soothjaw but I found that the higher ally count benefitted me in more situations as you need to keep the opponent away from your face for long enough to play Riphide and Griptooth on the same turn.

I should revisit the deck though as Bloodfang has had a bit of a boost since I made this deck and is a whole lot of fun to play, quite a lot of people get angry about the unbalanced/high resource curve which doesn't look as though it should work (but which you need to win with Bloodfang).

Thanks for comments, I'm going to dig this deck back out again now .
    Last edited by Bumbledore; 05-04-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh ... no no no ... keep things ... it isn't that wrath is better than sooth, both are 2x in a deck under 52 cards. They work together in the background while your 4x stuff does the work. Sac lamb with either out is your friend. Bloodthirsty by your words is giving you 1 card. Unilateral burst draw is sooo much better on a hero that stores up a ton resources. Most builds have crappy burst draw. Bilateral (bad santa), conditional (honnored dead) and so on. Running a pure wulven with sooth out you can get almost free burst draw. J. Dream is essential to cutting the resource curve. Slingblade demon might be worth a look as an ability. Remove negative effects from an ally, recycle them and renew resources. Sling just happens to also give you a token (not-so) useless meat shield ally as well (awesome). Under appreciated card! Sling counters crip blow oh so very well!