Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    No, this change is good. We should make item removal difficult so that players will actually need item destruction instead of just running allies
    YES! This is right - cards that are both allies and item destruction are very valuable (two things in one card) especially where you don't have to make a choice (like you do with Artful Squire). I like this change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So you people who like this change, do you think Wulven, elemental, and hunter shadow heros have sufficient item destruction choices? Let's list them

Shriek of vengeance- removes one of your own resources, not a good card. Unreliable.

Dawn raid- very effective when there are multiple lower costing items(this card counts on your opponent making specific plays, not reliable), high cost limits its reliable.

Ley line nexus- very good for its very specific purpose, Great for any hero. Very effective, most decks have 2.

Change of fortune, kills a support ability, I don't think I've ever seen this card played tbh. Unreliable not enough support abilities being played to justify using

Acid jet- removes 3 durability, can only target weapons and armor, does not always destroy item. Unreliable.

Shriek of revulsion- higher end cost, considering the low cost of most attachments. Semi effective

Ravager cards, plenty of those, but limited to combinations and requirements. And overall inefficiency of ravagers in general. Unreliable

There might be a couple other random cards that can effect items and abilities, but non are considered effective.

After listing this, it clearly shows that even with vermin in its current state, these shadow heros have a lack of effective item and ability removal. All rely on other factors many based on your opponents play. Seems unbalanced to have so many heros be so innsuffient. It's not like those heros have a similar power that effects others like this item destruction issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love most of the changes, Vermin and Endia will really have to see, I always thought a lot of the other item removal was just not very cost effective or too specific like Shriek of Revulsion or flexible but damaging to your card advantage like Shriek of Vengeance. Some heroes have good choices like Stop Thief whilst others are going to find themselves struggling with options, who knows, maybe nerfing Vermendia will allow those heroes to rely heavier on their own items than they used to but I personally feel as though some of the less powerful item and attachment removal spells will need to be buffed a little.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    So you people who like this change, do you think Wulven, elemental, and hunter shadow heros have sufficient item destruction choices? Let's list them

Shriek of vengeance- removes one of your own resources, not a good card. Unreliable.

Dawn raid- very effective when there are multiple lower costing items(this card counts on your opponent making specific plays, not reliable), high cost limits its reliable.

Ley line nexus- very good for its very specific purpose, Great for any hero. Very effective, most decks have 2.

Change of fortune, kills a support ability, I don't think I've ever seen this card played tbh. Unreliable not enough support abilities being played to justify using

Acid jet- removes 3 durability, can only target weapons and armor, does not always destroy item. Unreliable.

Shriek of revulsion- higher end cost, considering the low cost of most attachments. Semi effective

Ravager cards, plenty of those, but limited to combinations and requirements. And overall inefficiency of ravagers in general. Unreliable

There might be a couple other random cards that can effect items and abilities, but non are considered effective.

After listing this, it clearly shows that even with vermin in its current state, these shadow heros have a lack of effective item and ability removal. All rely on other factors many based on your opponents play. Seems unbalanced to have so many heros be so innsuffient. It's not like those heros have a similar power that effects others like this item destruction issue.
    It's a good analysis. So good, I want to try to see the discussion expanded. I've made a thread for it, if you want to chip in there!

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....bility-removal

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post

Sorcerer of Endia - Attack reduced to 3 (from 4). Health increased to 5HP (from 4HP). Ability changed to "When Sorcerer of Endia is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 4 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed." (from "When Sorcerer of Endia is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed.").

Rapacious Vermin - Ability changed to "Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 4 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed." (from "Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed.").
    Personally as those are quite "strong" changes, I would have left the 3 items/abilities trigger, but I would have changed to bouncing an item/ability back to opponent's hand instead of destroying it. Also I dont see while nerfing the mage to 3 attack only.

Just my 2 cents, sorry if I can't go deeper into details now, that's why i didn't reply on the dedicated thread.
    mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this guy want to kill ally base victor completely
    Member of Alliance One
    nice place to make friends

A1 Beantalk treasure box
    Top 8 WC2016 | Top 8 WC2017 | Top 32 WC2018 | Champ WC2019 | Top 16 WC2020
    Damn its been a long time i play this game

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not yet offended, please be patient.
    I will get to you shortly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    forgive me in advance i think i gonna moved to stall victor
    Member of Alliance One
    nice place to make friends

A1 Beantalk treasure box
    Top 8 WC2016 | Top 8 WC2017 | Top 32 WC2018 | Champ WC2019 | Top 16 WC2020
    Damn its been a long time i play this game

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not yet offended, please be patient.
    I will get to you shortly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems like some good and some very good changes. Thanks for the hard work Gondorian.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's been 7 days. When can we expect this to be released?
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub