Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really good changes!

RIP Victor - he had a good run though. Running Gambit as the only hunter card, esp with Templars was too good

Vermin & SoE - i agree with your analysis - three items and abilities should be allowed (and is not that big a threshold)

Shuriken - still looks powerful, especially for Garth, but may work out well in the end. Clever.

Embers - i hate this card. But i think you probably have the right balance: return to hand, but no draw and only target an ally with the damage. Still, lots of synergy with other attachments. Will be nice to see Jerry back though.

Other things are nice, but probably not critical. Certainly improvements though. What's in the works for LL?!

Related: I'm sad that the game is in a state where (for some heros) a single card is make-or-break (Gambit, Embers, Shuriken, Cutlass, Scepter. To a lesser extent Sledgehammer, Mind Control, Tidal Wave). I groan when the wording of a card is so obviously aligned to a specific hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Probably one of the bast changes in last year.Still have doubt about gambit,but i will wait to see how will Vic work with new gambit.About vermin i dont agree its a nerf.1/5 body for 2cc is very good card even without any ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like these changes and finally a good nerf to exaltation and also good nerfs to sorcerer and vermin because they were too op and made it too easy for everyone to counter decks that need many items and abilities. many times its enough to remove the key card and you gain huge advantage so if you ask me i still think they should go to the graveyard. i am disapointed no nerfs to seek but at least general and wisp is a little more balanced now. also i like the change to embers i think now jericho will be very strong against ally decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont see gambit killing fat vic or even trap vic, i see it killing regular 40 card non trap vics, so the goal of killing fat and annoying vics failed there. fat anmor vic will just add bs or something else and trap vic gets help from exiling gambit, now they can use it for draw and always get an annoying trap back. for a more regular vic, ask yourself, how many games did you lose because you didnt get draw, meaning gambit, till late? i really dont understand why the game before gambit came out wasnt considered at all (the explanation that was giving in another thread was not a good one) when considering this nerf to vic, cause its a nerf to vic, not gambit, not fat vic, not annoying vic, but a nerf to vic

spirit shuriken --- it wasnt needed and went to far. it really only helps against weenie rush and even then, you are probably gonna lose since you cant have it till turn 4 or 5. by the time you can get use out of it with other decks, you have lost anyway. it cant kill anything unless they have 5 allies out.

vermin/sorcerer, usage stats. gotta hate that. they saw a lot of use because you could put some, and i mean some, id in a deck and still get some, and i mean some, use out of it as an ally, which is what happens a lot, since only really annoying decks use more than 3 most of the time.

the change to overwhelm doesnt really change it, like anmors, just cosmetic really. (like the changes to wisp and general, doesnt really affect them.)

removing steadfast from exaltation... why? that was probably the biggest reason it got used, you had to kill the ally or disable it. a simple low cost retreat wouldnt help or an exile.

thanks for not listening btw

i do like the change to bloodfang.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this game is still suffering from the same mindset for years. this mindset to nerf things that rise to the top. especially just to see what else will now rise to the top. that makes for a dull game. always has and leads to people leaving to find a more exciting game. i havent been back for long and i already find the game dull.

you are not nerfing to balance the game. decks get killed and others rise to the top, but its always only a handful of good decks at the top that can compete with most other decks that cannot compete at that level. which, logic (and common sense) should tell you that maybe buffing middle of the road and weaker decks so they can compete with the higher level decks would lead to a more balanced game and make it less dull and boring, it would be more exciting, which would keep more players around.

getting new cards doesnt help either, why? cause you nerf them anyway. who wants to wait years for new cards that do not add excitement to the game for longer than a week.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shock Conductor, 3cc, 12 damage, nice, Pra will be stronger.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way good job on buffing twilight, they will be finally playable again in 3.17
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As stupid as it can get TBH......aaaathooooo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    Just my 2 cents, the change to vermin and endia is bad. 4 items or abilities? And you didn't add locations to the list? So many heros don't have access to good item and ability removal. Especially attachments and especially shadow Heros.. Now to run a deck that can compete I have to have cards for items and attatchments, I can't run vermin hoping they will drop 4. This is a bad change that forces everyone who isn't priest or rogue to run multiple different cards to control items and attachments. Shadow just got a bitch smack. Seriously how do you expect shadow to compete when being forced to run 4 shriek revulsion, 4 dawn raid or 4 shriek of vengeance and 4 leg line nexus? honestly how else can I be prepared ? So now a third of my deck has to be for item and attachment destroy? Did anyone think about how this change would effect actual play?

Items and abilities cost anywhere from 0-7 but removal of them cost 4-5. Sure shriek of vengeance but that costs you is tempo only a few can really use it without screwing themselves. 4 is a lot to pay to kill a 1 cost attachment, but there are only so few options, most rely on other factors. So let's look at ally kill, it is so cheap and plentiful, would take hours to list all the ways to kill an ally. Why the huge disparity?

I always thought right from the time I started playing, that vermin and endia, dawn, and ley line were a well designed part of this game allowing control of items and abilitys to all heros, yet strengthening some with special cards.

Priest is easily the most prepared for items and abilities. Rogues are good against items, warriors have a card for weapons and armor, but Wulven, elemental, mage, and hunters get the shaft big time. This nerf gives too much favor to the priest. Screw most everyone else

And I understood the 1 damage a turn with vermin when he cost 2 and gained 2 attack. But now he is now always just a 1/5, endia has always had a good attack and defense with no draw back. Seems slightly off to me now especially with having to wait for 4 items and abilities. Vermin is just a bad card now.
    No, this change is good. We should make item removal difficult so that players will actually need item destruction instead of just running allies
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Items are difficult to destroy already for many heros, now even harder. At least allies you can attack to kill, items and abilities you need a separate card to kill each one. Some classes will be left behind after this change unable to compete. How can a Wulven or elemental hero build a deck that can defeat an item deck after the change? Show me a deck list that is playable. And then tell me that same deck can defeat a deck that doesn't use items. The big picture wasn't seen when this change was decided. The balance of the game is going to be completely off. Too much power is given to the heros with good removal, they can build a more streamlined deck.

My list of reason why this is unbalanced is clear, the list of reasons for the change are short and unnecessary. Trying to add more diversity to a game that is already very diverse is unnecessary. And when players realized that only a few heros can really handle real diversity after this change, there will be no diversity. Rogues, priests, and stall is all we will see.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 03-16-2017 at 10:41 AM.