Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.17

Hi all!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for your patience in waiting for these, and all the feedback you've given since 3.16 came out three months ago.

As always, we've had some diverse opinions on a few cards, which means that there's absolutely zero chance of everyone liking every change, but, hopefully, when all the changes are viewed together - and more importantly, when people get to play with these - you will all be happy with the overall impact that was intended and achieved.

SHATTERED FATES

Skervox - Ability changed to "4SE: All opposing allies are poisoned and are disabled for 1 turn, and friendly Hunter allies have +1 attack until the start of your next turn." (from "4SE: All opposing allies are poisoned and are disabled for 1 turn, and Hunter allies cost you 1 less resource to summon this turn.").

Bloodfang - Ability changed to "5SE: Target ally in your hand is summoned at no cost and, if that ally is a Wulven ally, it gains +1 base attack and +1 health." (from "5SE: Target ally with claw attack in your hand is summoned at no cost and, if that ally is a Wulven ally, it gains +1 base attack and +1 health.").

Sorcerer of Endia - Attack reduced to 3 (from 4). Health increased to 5HP (from 4HP). Ability changed to "When Sorcerer of Endia is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 4 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed." (from "When Sorcerer of Endia is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed.").

Rapacious Vermin - Ability changed to "Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 4 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed." (from "Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed.").

Lythian Shackles - Ability changed to "Exhaust your hero: attach to target opposing ally until the end of your next turn. That ally can't attack or activate abilities, and loses all passive abilities." (from "Exhaust your hero: attach to target opposing ally until the end of your next turn. That ally can't attack or activate abilities.")

Amulet of Conjuring - Ability changed to "Sustain: 1SE. 0SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play." (from "Sustain: 1SE. 0SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play, and your hero takes 1 damage.").

Hunter's Gambit - Ability changed to "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -2 health. When Hunter's Gambit is destroyed, draw 2 cards and Hunter's Gambit is exiled." (from "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -2 health. When Hunter's Gambit is destroyed, draw 2 cards.").

Anmor's Call - Casting cost increased to 4cc (from 3cc).

Embers of the Just - Ability changed to "Attach to target opposing ally and that ally is set ablaze. If Embers of the Just is targeted and destroyed on your turn, it is returned to your hand and target opposing ally takes 4 arcane damage." from ("Attach to target opposing ally and that ally is set ablaze. If Embers of the Just is targeted and destroyed on your turn, target opposing hero or ally takes 4 arcane damage and you draw a card.").

Dreadclaw Totem - Casting cost reduced to 2cc (from 3cc). Ability changed to "When a friendly Wulven ally is killed, Dreadclaw Totem becomes a readied Wulven ally with 3 claw base attack, 3 health and ambush." (from "When a friendly Wulven ally is killed, Dreadclaw Totem becomes a readied Wulven ally with 4 claw base attack, 3 health and ambush.").

Wulven Resilience - Ability changed to "Attach to target friendly Wulven ally and remove all other attachments from it. That ally has +3 attack and all damage to it is reduced by 1." (from "Attach to target friendly Wulven ally and remove all other attachments from it. That ally has +3 attack and ambush.").

Exaltation - Ability changed to "Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +4 attack and +4 health, and its attachments can't be targeted by opposing players." (from "Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +4 attack and +4 health. While you control only one Exaltation, that ally has steadfast and its attachments can't be targeted by opposing players.").

Stardust Ampliflyer - Attack reduced to 3 (from 4). Health increased to 6HP (from 5HP).

Curse of the Aldmor - Ability changed to "Attach to target ally. That ally has Sustain 1SE, and its controller's hero can't heal damage." (from "Attach to target ally. That ally has Sustain 1SE").

Overwhelm - Ability changed to "All opposing heroes and allies take 1 damage for each ally you control." (from "All opposing heroes and allies take 1 damage for each ally you control. Draw a card.").

Startleshell Vest - Defense increased to 1 (from 0). Durability reduced to 3 (from 4). Ability changed to "While your hero has been dealt damage this turn, Startleshell Vest has +2 defense." (from "When combat damage is dealt to your hero, Startleshell Vest has +3 defense until the start of your next turn.").

Shock Conductor - Ability changed to "1D: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, target opposing ally takes 3 electrical damage." (from "1D: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, target opposing ally takes 2 electrical damage.").

Wooden Spear - Ability changed to "While Wooden Spear has exactly 1 durability, it has +1 attack" (from "While Wooden Spear has exactly 1 durability, it has +1 attack while in combat with allies.").

Spirit Shuriken - Ability changed to "1SE: Target opposing ally takes X damage, where X is the number of opposing allies in play." (from "1SE: If there are at least 3 opposing allies in play, target opposing ally is killed and Spirit Shuriken loses 1 durability.").

LOST LANDS

Vigilant Wisp - Health reduced to 4HP (from 5HP).

General of Unaxio - Health reduced to 6HP (from 7HP).

For those expecting more Lost Lands changes, we resisted making more of them at this time because the SF foundation that LL is built on is going to shift a fair amount - particularly due to the Vermin/Sorcerer changes, which should open up more viable deck building options as well as making other item/ability removal more relevant.

Feel free to leave comments below! I hope we can have this version in your hands within the next 7 days.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Love all the changes, some of them are very courageous but in the right direction, well done.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just my 2 cents, the change to vermin and endia is bad. 4 items or abilities? And you didn't add locations to the list? So many heros don't have access to good item and ability removal. Especially attachments and especially shadow Heros.. Now to run a deck that can compete I have to have cards for items and attatchments, I can't run vermin hoping they will drop 4. This is a bad change that forces everyone who isn't priest or rogue to run multiple different cards to control items and attachments. Shadow just got a bitch smack. Seriously how do you expect shadow to compete when being forced to run 4 shriek revulsion, 4 dawn raid or 4 shriek of vengeance and 4 leg line nexus? honestly how else can I be prepared ? So now a third of my deck has to be for item and attachment destroy? Did anyone think about how this change would effect actual play?

Items and abilities cost anywhere from 0-7 but removal of them cost 4-5. Sure shriek of vengeance but that costs you is tempo only a few can really use it without screwing themselves. 4 is a lot to pay to kill a 1 cost attachment, but there are only so few options, most rely on other factors. So let's look at ally kill, it is so cheap and plentiful, would take hours to list all the ways to kill an ally. Why the huge disparity?

I always thought right from the time I started playing, that vermin and endia, dawn, and ley line were a well designed part of this game allowing control of items and abilitys to all heros, yet strengthening some with special cards.

Priest is easily the most prepared for items and abilities. Rogues are good against items, warriors have a card for weapons and armor, but Wulven, elemental, mage, and hunters get the shaft big time. This nerf gives too much favor to the priest. Screw most everyone else

And I understood the 1 damage a turn with vermin when he cost 2 and gained 2 attack. But now he is now always just a 1/5, endia has always had a good attack and defense with no draw back. Seems slightly off to me now especially with having to wait for 4 items and abilities. Vermin is just a bad card now.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 03-12-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Cerddorion
    lol.....here come wooden spear logan....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wasn't shuriken main nerf cry coming from Vic and Garth being the ones who make it too strong? This makes shuriken even stronger for Garth I think.
    I am sad about Vermin/Sorcerer change, agree with Mr. Dvsklown that this is very bad for shadow.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    agree

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    personally welcome all changes except those on Vermin, SoE, Shuriken. Let's see how things shift

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with most of the changes

only ones i dont like are Vermin and Sorcerer change. 4 items and abilities is to much. Will encourage more stall, (yes a little more variety) based decks which can only lead to NPE (any enjoy playing vs millstalker ).

Vermin: is to weak now at 4 item/ability. either give him some atk or remove the sustain cost, or but him back to 3 item and drop him to 4 hp.

Sorcerer: is a little weaker now. without his on summon he just a vanilla 3/5 non tribe. maybe put him back to 3 item ability and drop him to 3/3.
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like most of it (including gambit) except for vermin and Sorcerer of endia since they now are near to unplayable. Good thing seeing life and changes in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Gondo. Love the changes!

Bloodfang – Undead Bloodfang hell yea!

Sorceror/Vermin – Debatable. Good side is now warriors (esp. Amber) have a better chance to be competitive.

Lythian Shackles – Very nice change. A free mini-groundshift.

Amulet of Conjuring – smells something op.

Hunter's Gambit – RIP fat Victor. You will be missed.

Anmor's Call – no big deal. Still solid AF.

Ember – why go back to original form? Jericho is back!

Shock Conductor – it’s really good with Zalader and Praxix!

Spirit Shuriken – I was expecting the nerf for a long time. This card was way too op in the original format. Still good in the hands of Garth after the change. Reasonable nerf.