Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Art contest entries

We had an amazing 25 entries into the art contest. You can view them all on our Facebook page
    Thanks to everyone that participated! The winners will be contacted and the art will be posted here in card form shortly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is Wulven team choosing the winners or will there be some voting here as well? Cause with some cards having multiple entries might be good to have some community input.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, no entries for Death Collector, Belladonna, Bad Santa, Puwen, Dirk, and Lily? What will be done about getting an alt art for them? I especially wanted to see an alternate Bad Santa.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some excelent pieces. For some of the duplicates I would like them to end up in the game. For example there are two Scourges, one is faitful to the original art and I think it should be alt art, but other entry is really good too and should be on some other card. Similar with Gargoyle.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is some really good art there. My favorite is bazaar. Most boring card of all the alt arts, yet it looks awesome.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Facebook? Dam,
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not on Facebook Kip?

And Shadows R Us, Bazaar is one of my favorites there too. Not too much you can really change about it, but the grittier style and darker colorization makes it look great.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the effort is appriciated but most of these are bad and some are just terrible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't want to be rude to the artists for saying this, but most of them i don't like it and it doesn't fit well to SE! Shadow Era has a dark fantasy world
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great job guys! I think what's really important here when picking alternate art is that the alternate art looks similar to the original. Same features, but different position. If I have given it a rating of 8 or higher I feel it is acceptable. The art style should also not differ too much from the current game. The artwork should also be a noticeably different position.

Art Breakdown:
    Jasmine Rosecult by Sang Nguyen - 9/10 - strong similarity (somewhat less fierce, but very good)
    Ogloth the Glutton by Jimmy Ling - 3/10 - low similarity (no red, no tattoos, different body, different armour, artwork also different)
    Raven Wildheart by Phu Thieu - 10/10 - strong similarity (epic position too)
    Armored Sandworm - Elisa Claes - 7/10 - strong similarity (nearly identical to current card - needs a new position)
    Plasma Behemoth - Martin Novotný - 2/10 - low similarity (not recognizably same character + different art style)
    Scourge Colossus - Martin Novotný - 3/10 - low similarity (not recognizably same character)
    Ogloth the Glutton - Gary Stam - 3/10 low similarity (not recognizably same character)
    Jasmine Rosecult - Gary Stam - 3/10 low similarity (not recognizably same character)
    Layarian Seductress - Raphaël Bauduin - 9/10 strong similarity (epic position too - character looks more fierce than normal)
    Scourge Colossus - Raphaël Bauduin - 10/10 strong similarity (epic position too)
    Shadow Knight - Raphaël Bauduin - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Infernal Gargoyle - Raphaël Bauduin - 8/10 strong similarity (colour is different)
    Layarian Seductress - Antony Siganakis - 2/10 poor art visual quality - form is good but it looks distorted
    Bazaar - Hebron PPG - 10/10 strong similarity
    Infernal Gargoyle - Antonio Lopez - 3/10 very different form (can't tell what character it is)
    Infernal Gargoyle - CyART Ciprian Florea - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Ironhide Karash - CyART Ciprian Florea - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Karlstrad Ruler of Gaderi - Bobby Pim - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Plasma Behemoth - Bobby Pim - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork) - absolutely love this
    Ogloth the Glutton - Rudy Rijsdijk - 1/10 very different form & art style differs immensely
    Plasma Behemoth - Marco Arrighini - 1/10 very different form & art style differs immensely
    Soul Seeker - CyART Ciprian Florea - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Fire Snake - CyART Ciprian Florea - 10/10 strong similarity (epic artwork)
    Ironhide Karash - Rudy Rijsdijk - 7/10 strong similarity (art style differs noticeably)
    Layarian Seductress - Jackie Felix - 10/10 strong similarity (epic position - matching character traits)

Thank you to everyone - no hard feelings if I rate your work low, I am big on consistency
    Custom Card Design - Warlock Expansion