Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[LL][3.16] Rankett Moonstalker

I have to say that this deck is not finely tuned, but as you might have noticed I like ~45 card decks It works really well as a swarming deck and it's effective vs weapon-heroes ofc, Garth and generally whoever doesn't have cheap ally removals.
    The concept is not mine; I saw a guy (don't remember the IGN) using Homunculus + Dread Wolf combo to trigger Rankett location (many seasons ago). I didn't remember the rest of the cards, so I started building my own deck

Hero: Moonstalker

Allies (24)
    4x Feasterling
    3x Voracious Arachnid
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Dread Wolf
    3x Flame Spitter
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    2x Gravemonger / 2x Io Void Leviathan

Abilities (14)
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Now you're mine
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Shadow Font
    2x LLN

Items (3)
    3x Splicer's Crown

Locations (4)
    4x Rankett: Proving Grounds

Total = 46 cards

You have two options to win the game: a) overwhelm the board with allies and hide with SF, or b) have 2-3 allies at a time and grow them every turn if possible with Rankett. It's hard for most heroes to keep up with the threads.

So far, from allies, I think Spitter is such a great ally because growing it twice can kill most allies one shot and has good protection. Then you have Cultist with Brimstone for damage and draw (also Brimstone is a great body so don't be afraid to play him as an ally instead), Dread Wolf to trigger Rankett if you don't have any other source of hp/attack buff. I decided to add Feasterling since he is such a great ally for early game. Gravemonger was the addition for a cheap fatty but so far I can't say I needed him a lot so I am trying Leviathan instead. Both seem like average options.

Then you have 2/2 IDs for cheap/expensive items. Blood Moon and NYM are obvious choices. I added SF for additional hiding until I set up the board in cases of "bad" starting hand, and also provides fuel for Rankett, Arachnid and hero if you are drained (which happens a lot). A possible addition is Overwhelm since you don't have a way to surpass stealth/hidden allies and contest MS, but didn't want to replace any other cards.

Last piece is Splicer's Crown as an additional buff to allies and trigger to Rankett.

Note about the size of the deck. It is bigger than standard builds but I hardly had any issues with it. Draw from Cultist + BM + Rankett is high and LLN provide another cantrip. Sometimes you are also good to hide with BM out and still have substantial draw.

Feel free to give any feedback/criticism
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice deck.

flame spitter is such an excellent ally for moon. when not stealth he can help absorb removal that may otherwise be used during stealth turns creating greater stealth turn survival

gravemonger i think is not so great in this deck. it's late game before it gets a chance to shine since you need quite a few cards in the graveyard. if your successful early you have the board and no cards in the graveyard. cultist alone is not enough discard options to help achieve your graveyard requirement so i'd just nix him all together for something else. i like the idea of overwhelm as the replacement choice. greater stealth survival from flamespitter, paired with various ping options, general low deck cost and extra draw (fatter deck) has many reasons this could work effectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with what you say. The idea of adding either Gravemonger or Leviathan is another way to trigger the location, because it can become really tricky some times. Leviathan seems to be way easier to trigger it since it doesn't require anything more than an SE ability. I have tested Overwhelm as an extra card in the deck and it worked nicely but I removed it to trim it by 2 cards. Maybe replacing these allies for 2x Overwhelm could work better, but I didn't want to reduce the ally count.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks like fun to play, and really annoying to play against.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us