Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    I fail to see the correlation here.
    Starter decks come with specific Heroes. If you've got them already, there's not much point buying the starter decks, as you only need one of each Hero. Yes, there are commons and uncommons in starters too, but you can get them from boosters as well, and those cards can easily be picked up from the Merchant. The hard-to-find cards are not in starter decks, so if the starter decks cost a little more then they wouldn't be worth buying just for their gold value (boosters would be the optimum choice) unless you wanted to just get a complete starter deck or two to go with the free one you got for signing up.

Is that any clearer?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you are buying packs with crystals, and selling every card. You make more gold doing this with starter packs. There is the chance you will get the card you want in a booster pack, but the odds are against it, and so it makes more sense to buy a starter, sell it for gold, and then buy the card you want from the market, unless you have crystals to waste that is.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    If you are buying packs with crystals, and selling every card. You make more gold doing this with starter packs. There is the chance you will get the card you want in a booster pack, but the odds are against it, and so it makes more sense to buy a starter, sell it for gold, and then buy the card you want from the market, unless you have crystals to waste that is.
    Indeed. That's what I did once I had a good variety of Rares and Uncommons from boosters. I expect most people do this too, so increasing the starter deck price would nudge them towards buying boosters to get gold instead. Starter decks are underpriced!

OR just give people more gold for selling out-of-stock cards to the Merchant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Indeed. That's what I did once I had a good variety of Rares and Uncommons from boosters. I expect most people do this too, so increasing the starter deck price would nudge them towards buying boosters to get gold instead. Starter decks are underpriced!

OR just give people more gold for selling out-of-stock cards to the Merchant.
    No because then the exploiters will just buy them out just to cripple other players and then sell at a higher price. But it IS true they would sell at a 50% discount.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have saved 600 gold for the same card but it turned to 700 gold.I feel angry.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shouldn't take you long to earn that 100g. Go play some games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The grocery store in my building is a complete failure too. They didn't have some cookies that I always buy, I kept checking and checking for like TWO DAYS now. Yes, they are rare cookies because they are imported from Canada to Vietnam....
    hmm... hope you're not joking.. but...which cookies? ... i forgot the name... it wouldn't happen to be those big ones.. individually wrapped in plastic... soft-dough cookies... typically seen in vending machines and convenience stores.
    only 3 flavors to date.. like chocolate, macadamia, and oatmeal.... damn it .. what's the name... mother something...

i'm more of a chip fan. Mrs. Vickie's Jalapeno chips. Canadian product if I'm not mistaken. also not sold on the other side of the earth.

I say you start your own import grocery store.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Dude I lost all my cards waiting on a response from itunes for my money back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TheCaseAce's idea is actually a decent one. I've seen a system very remarkably similar enacted in the MMO City of Heroes. In CoH, they use a consignment house (or black market.. xD ) that functions along very similar lines; players can issue buy orders where they state their buy price (hidden from others). Selling works the same: you state your sell price (hidden), and if a buyer offers your sell price or higher, the transaction is completed, with the house taking a cut. To assist both sides, the past few completed transactions of an item are displayed, so a feel for the going value can be gathered.

My personal opinion, but this seems like a good idea. =)

- Gio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my rant on the first page is solved :-).. but the problem still remains that the market is broken. And only a matter of time till it goes back to having no cards.

There a few good ideas posted here, and I would love some feedback from Kyle on this and even maybe a hint of whether the market will be revamped or atleady and auction/escrow system implemented because more features in a game, make the game more interesting. :-)