Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think its right that the merchant should run out of cards, especially rare/epic. You should get a lot more than the base market value for selling yours, though. No soul seekers for anyone, anywhere? Here, have mine for 300G...

An auction would be awesome.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Or a simpler system is just for the Merchant to offer you more for cards that are out of stock?

Out of stock cards could be worth 300 extra gold or maybe a 10 Shadow Crystal bonus?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The post above me hit the nail on the head. I would like to see some kind of jump in prices for rare cards to what they already are.

If you put time into it you should be rewarded.. to even get one rare card with coins would cost me around 30-40 games.. and how much time and effort was put into it???, and then you have to wait days to even get a card you want because the market sucks!!

Make prices higher, make the auction system.. look at peoples comments and try to implement something into it. This is the only downside to this game, even the cheaters annoy me less!!

And still no soul seeker, complete fail :-)
    Last edited by Mokap; 05-04-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ohboy View Post

Also, when I don't get cookies, nobody gets cookies. Go ahead, tell me what time the cookies get here, and i'll be there buying the cookies. Don't tell me to check back every minute, or that I lost out because I don't have the time to camp at the supermarket for a shipment that may never come.

Seriously, if that's how your supermarket works, it's probably right to call it a failure.
    I lol'd.

Tell us what time the cookie shipment comes in!

Also a good point: its bad business for players in a TCG to not actually be able to trade cards.

If your out of cookies, hand out rain checks so we can still get said cookies eventually. Tell the people making cookies that they are losing money with no product on the shelves. Happy customer=repeat customer.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There seem to be some good ideas here. You do have to be careful of unintended consequences. The Auction system sounds good but you have to watch for someone buying Soul Seeker for 100,000 gold in a hacked account just for kicks. (You might put some kind of cap on buyers bids.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exactly what Ringel said. Also it's a free game, so what's stopping you from creating 1000 accounts and using an auction system to send all the free gold to your main account? Some other games have worthless "beginner cards" that are untradable, but that doesn't really work in Shadow Era because there are so few cards and basically all of the Human common cards would need to be worthless.

We do need to work on the Merchant to dynamically raise prices and restock inventory better. And I do kinda like the idea of the merchant offering you a "special order" jacked up price if the card is sold out.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how bout a black market dealer that offers you the card when it runs out at higher prices.

for eg, fireball costs 150g at merchant. If he runs out, the black market merchant steps in and starts selling it at 300g + 10g increment for each fireball sold until the merchant restocks and the counter resets to 0.

This way, ppl with gold and want the cards quickly can still get the cards, whilst stingy players can still opt to play cat and mouse for the cheaper cards.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We do need to work on the Merchant to dynamically raise prices and restock inventory better. And I do kinda like the idea of the merchant offering you a "special order" jacked up price if the card is sold out.....
    And this should be very easy to implement server-side without any new client release, so I will expect an implementation of my idea tomorrow ... :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Exactly what Ringel said. Also it's a free game, so what's stopping you from creating 1000 accounts and using an auction system to send all the free gold to your main account?
    Do a better job at making sure it's only 1 account per person? Or that they can't trade or play their own accounts?

For a dev to come out and say "what if people abuse my game?" that's a bad sign and a cop out.

You have to put checks in place when you go pvp and trade/auction based gaming. IP linked to accounts. Strict policies on multi accounts and banning. Even as far as sending a unique code to your cell phone to verify accounts(everyone has a cellphone)

There are dozens of ways. A history of each player in a profile everyone can see with last 10 games. Last 10 auction buys. Etc. Players will flag them for you if they are suspicious if you let them. Obviously someone can jump on wifi and 3G and try to cheat the system. This is why in the age of endless free emails, you link it to something more unique: a single Facebook per account. Or a single cell phone for verification.

Here's a few more: requirement of a dollar "buy in" for lifetime *ranked play and trade* per account. This serves three reasons: unique payment information for blocking duplicate accounts, a way to monetize and no more throw away accounts.

How about you stop making future rare cards "buyable" and actually use the crystals and boosters? If you use the auction system to help gather more of those cards you can cap prices for card types. How is a few accounts going to make 100,000 anyway? Are people going to grind AI accounts and dumb offers for gold and crystals in some sweat shop in china and start selling it??

Please Kyle, don't cop out on us. I know your working hard, and we are behind you. Do what you need to do to make it work.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmmmm....it would appear more revenue/resources are needed to be dedicated towards game design....