Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Market is a complete failure!

This is kind of a rant. But its also very annoying!! I have been waiting ALL day for soul seeker. Checking back every hour, and every hour I have spare I'm checking every 10 mins!! And so on, and only once have I seen it appear!

And then when I click it... guess what, it is no longer available!!

Complete waste of time, space and effort.. same with jasmine although I have managed to get ONE and then she disspears??.. Erika can go to hell for all I care!!..

I just want the Soul Seeker how long do I have to wait!!

Long rant, story cut short!! Sort this god damn market out, player driven or not, if its suppose to resemble that.. Atleast instead of making cards dissapear, just use rising prices for the most wanted cards!

Thank You!! :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Cards sold from the merchant all have certain stocks and sometimes this runs out. At the moment, if you wanted to view the stock, you can visit Orca's page here. If a card is out of stock, it can take a few hours to a few days before restocking. Some have taken a week before it restocked. If you don't want to wait, you can buy boosters and hope you randomly get the card you want, although I wouldn't advise this.
    What that guy said.

EDIT: By the way, prices also rise after a card restocks.. ^^.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 05-04-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree

let demand and supply sort it out. It's kinda unfair how ppl who can't afford to click refresh every min don't get the good stuff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree, why even bother in making 'rare' cards if they are always available in the market? Some cards are rare, if you really want them, buy busters or have patience, it's normal that you will not have all the best cards in one day.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The grocery store in my building is a complete failure too. They didn't have some cookies that I always buy, I kept checking and checking for like TWO DAYS now. Yes, they are rare cookies because they are imported from Canada to Vietnam....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice one Kyle, I agree totaly, I actualy thought the system worked like, the market started with something like 1000 of eacht common card, 500 of each uncommon, 100 of each rare and like 50 of each epic (of course the numbers are very diferent) and that after that these numbers would only go up if someone actualy sold something to the market. That way rare/epic cards would be really rare/epic, because it's kind of weird that every deck I play against has like 3/4 Aeon Stormcaller.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar View Post
    I disagree, why even bother in making 'rare' cards if they are always available in the market? Some cards are rare, if you really want them, buy busters or have patience, it's normal that you will not have all the best cards in one day.
    In real life players can also trade their cards. Ortherwise no one would play tcgs. If we get an auction house, we can do what you suggest, because it is much more difficult for the players to abuse the auction house to trade cards between accounts, than it is with p2p trading.

As for the delay in restocking, I find it meaningless. The merchant should restock immediately and increase the value of the cards at that time. If the devs think the players would try to find the rares they are missing by buying boosters instead of waiting for the merchant, I find it unlikely, even now when the rares aren't that many. Finding four copies of a rare only by buying boosters is statistically imposible without spending a considerable amount of money.
    Last edited by Anurak; 05-04-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The grocery store in my building is a complete failure too. They didn't have some cookies that I always buy, I kept checking and checking for like TWO DAYS now. Yes, they are rare cookies because they are imported from Canada to Vietnam....
    somewhat fallacious

I can order it from canada at a higher cost as an alternative(reason why merchant should have floating prices to reflect market rate)

Also, when I don't get cookies, nobody gets cookies. Go ahead, tell me what time the cookies get here, and i'll be there buying the cookies. Don't tell me to check back every minute, or that I lost out because I don't have the time to camp at the supermarket for a shipment that may never come.

Seriously, if that's how your supermarket works, it's probably right to call it a failure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a bunch of soul seekers and erikas and stuff that I never use, but I am not selling them to the market for 160 gold or something. If the market is that desperate for them, then the seller should be rewarded - at least enough to buy another card of similar rarity.

I would rather just hold onto them in case I decide to use them in the future.

In fact... IDEA ALERT!!! (woop woop woop)

Why not... NEVER allow direct player to player trading of cards (because of the HAXX0RZ) but make the merchant a middleman/escrow system.

Player A creates a "card wanted" ad, and selects the maximum price they will pay. The system shows the current average bid price as a guide. If there are no other bids, this is the base marketplace price.

Player B wants to sell their card on the marketplace. They do exactly as now - just click "sell card". I know the minimum I will recieve is the marketplace default amount, if there are no "wanted ads" for the card... but if there are ads out, I will get the highest available bid.

You should only be able to put out 1 bid per card at a time - so nerdchrist can't buy the entire supply of cards in 3 clicks . Once your bid is fulfilled, your buy order is closed and you need to go back to the market to create a new bid. This would mean that buying 4 of a card that's out of stock might take multiple visits or even days.

So the only work Kyle would need to do is:
    - a system that says "card's out of stock - post a wanted ad?" and allow price entry
    - a system that offers the seller the highest possible open bid
    - a system that ensures the highest bidder can afford to pay for the card both when they make the bid and when it's about to get completed. If at either point they can't afford it, the bid is cancelled and the seller gets the next highest bid.

EASY!

(lol)

Whaddyathink?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaseAce View Post
    Why not... NEVER allow direct player to player trading of cards (because of the HAXX0RZ) but make the merchant a middleman/escrow system.

Whaddyathink?
    I'm all for some type of auction system, that'd be sweet. But FYI hackers cannot sell hacked cards,