Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guys, please DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER this idea of dynamic market pricing. The only thing you'll end up with is paying 5000g for Jasmines and selling your other cards for 1g.

Currently, we can get the hot cards for comparable prices to others and also get decent prices for selling. Why would we want to change this?
    Last edited by Bring It Back; 05-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Hmmmmm....it would appear more revenue/resources are needed to be dedicated towards game design....
    To me, it would appear more revenue sources are needed in general. I wonder if shadow era is very profitable in its current state.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    To me, it would appear more revenue sources are needed in general. I wonder if shadow era is very profitable in its current state.
    I don't think so. I wouldn't mind some in-game advertising if it generates revenue. They could flash one of those little ads by like when you load the AP News App.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think just higher prices for out-of-stock cards is enough. It persuades people to offload their spares and allows others to get cards that they otherwise can't get. Truly dynamic prices across the board would cause severe headaches and would make it harder to offload spares from starter decks and boosters without wondering whether their prices will go up or down in future. (I just sell down to 4 of each immediately after I open a booster or starter.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The age of instant gratification...if you can't get exactly what you want at the exact second you want it, the process is seen as an abject failure. LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    The age of instant gratification...if you can't get exactly what you want at the exact second you want it, the process is seen as an abject failure. LOL
    If your on about my rant about the market.. its not when I want it.. 20g to win a match, save all the money to buy the cards and then find out the market aint even got the card instock. And I have to wait even more days for probably just even 1 of the cards..

That's the problem, there is obviously something wrong somewhere and its not just me who is saying it. I thought this game is in development, shouldn't it take some critisizm and ideas??

My first post was a rant, and I'm sorry but it was probably a wrong way to go.. but looking at the feedback it does look like a mixed reaction, and mainly on favor of the market..

I don't want it the second I need it, but if I work for it... and then have to wait for it, while people with ALOT more time than me just come in and take it.... says it all :-(..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

We do need to work on the Merchant to dynamically raise prices and restock inventory better. And I do kinda like the idea of the merchant offering you a "special order" jacked up price if the card is sold out.....
    I'm happy to see some info from you Kyle :-).. your first reply was seemingly a little unhelpful.. This idea seems the most feasible one.. with the auction system coming second.. and I agree there's room for abusing that system.. But there could also be ways to control it. Maybe a flag system, that would show up when a certain amount is traded maybe??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IMO: the most problems with current market system come from booster being underrated. What I suggest to fix that is increase the amounts of uncommons, rares and epics in boosters. This will cause people to buy boosters more and selling unneeded(4+) non-common cards to merchant for increased prices. Merchant in its turn should buy cards with quantity of 20 or less for 120 - 150 % of normal price to stimulate sells. Eventually this will cause the problem of "useless gold" so buying boosters(only) for gold will be a good idea too. Booster gold price could be calculated as average price of cards in it, e.g. 10 * 105 (avg common) + 5 * 225 (avg uncommon) + 4 * 490 (avg rare) + 3 * 735 (avg epic). Numbers are random here.
    Last edited by Orca; 05-05-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
    In-game handle: xorca
    Deck Building Tool || Card Market Data (a lot of stuff in development - deckmeta.com)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's an idea that could only work in a digital ccg that would rein in out of control card prices in a dynamic price market.

Change the market place to a dynamic pricing system. Get rid of the common/uncommon/rare/epic distribution for booster packs. Dynamically adjust the card distribution for boosters such that cards in demand are more likely to be included in the pack.

Theoretically, this would allow players to easily acquire in demand cards for opening boosters (players win). Unfortunately, this is not in the best interest of Kyle...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The grocery store in my building is a complete failure too. They didn't have some cookies that I always buy, I kept checking and checking for like TWO DAYS now. Yes, they are rare cookies because they are imported from Canada to Vietnam....
    Your grocery store has to pay money for their inventory. Also, your grocery store can't change the laws of the universe so that when they sell a box of cookies, their supply of cookies does not decrease.

Honestly, I am insulted your response here, Kyle.
    Last edited by Fry; 05-05-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra