Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[LL][3.16] Frostmor Aldmire

It's time for me to share some of my decks with SE community in an effort to maybe help this boring meta to change. I decided to start with sharing my Frostmor Aldmire deck that I am most proud of creating

I was trying to build an innovative deck just to explore the potential of making a new powerful meta deck. I always had a "thing" for Eladwen since she has a great potential for diversity of strategies (rush, aggro, midrange, control) and can utilise many cards from the Mage cardpool much better than the other heroes. Also her ability is great to keep in place popular meta heroes like Elementalis, Victor, Garth and in general all these ally-based decks.

Another thought I had was of ROK Perhaps's (iirc) Aldmor Boris which worked really well at ~330 rating. I think Eladwen's ability might be better in general and if you disregard the potential of playing BF, then she doesn't lack anything to build around the same concept. So I did that

Hero: Eladwen Frostmire

Allies (23)
    4x Aldmor Interceptor
    4x Darklight Apprentice
    4x Aldmor Artisan
    3x Aldmor Scout
    4x Aldmor Chieftan
    2x Aldmor Scavenger
    2x Ancient of Aldmor

Abilities (6)
    3x Supernova
    3x Overwhelm

Items (9)
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    1x Amulet of Conjuring
    2x Aldmor Accelerator
    1x Clockwork Soldier
    1x Disruptor Field
    1x Rejunevation Pod
    1x Shadow Cannon

Location (4)
    The Wilds: Trading Port

= 43 cards in total

The general concept is similar to any Aldmor deck and especially to Aldmor Raikka. There is lots of room for tweaking: adding burns, control cards like Transmogrification Curse or Consuming Fear, and item destruction.

The main strategy is to overwhelm the board and with the regular ping of your allies to "scratch" your opponent's life until you play a few Chieftans or AoA or Overwhelm. Usually the opponent will not be able to keep up with the constant pressure and the disabling aspect of Interceptor, Disruptor Field and Elad's ability.

- Main draw engine is the location so be careful for potential removal or flip of control. So keep another location at hand to be safe!
    - Secondary draw comes from ToK (usually late game for me since in early game you want to ask pressure every turn) and Amulet. Try to seek Amulet with Artisan to be on the safe side and try to save some SE to be able to use it at least twice before it gets destroyed (most of the time you would rarely need a third activation if you have drawn a location).
    - Seek ability of Artisan and Scout are also useful to draw locations/allies, but these should be activated very cautiously since they can drain your SE very fast.

Optimal plays:
    T2: Darklight Apprentice / Aldmor Interceptor (going second and if you think the opp can kill your DA so you activate Interceptor's ability)
    T3: Aldmor Artisan / Aldmor Interceptor / Aldmor Scout
    T4: Location + Artifact + 2cc ally / Aldmor Chieftan
    T5+: one artifact per turn to activate location + ally

Overwhelm is suggested to be used when possible to clear the board if it's not possible otherwise. Also the extra hero damage and cantrip draw are cool
    Supernova is just for safety measures when you are loosing the board badly or for a finisher. I rarely use this card, so feel free to replace it if you feel brave enough

Tips:
    - ToK doesn't activate the location
    - When Aldmor Accelerator is "destroyed" by using the last durability, it activates the location.
    - If you have 1 SE more than the opponent, activating Interceptor's ability will make him lose the 1 attack! So attack first with your other Interceptors before you activate the ability of your last one.
    - If Disruptor Field is destroyed, the targetted ally gets his attack back! So better use Interceptor's ability over DF which remains even if Interceptor is killed (special case is Jericho who can remove the negative effect!).

Latest tweak:
    -1x Aldmor Scavenger
    +1x Aldmor Conflux

It's a fun and competitive at the same time, so I suggest to give it a spin and let me know your suggestions/opinions
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks super cool. thx for posting!
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks! I have to say that it seems very strong vs Ele, Undead Baduruu, Serena. And it's like 60-40 against Garth, Victor depending on the starting hand.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO