Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Stagnant meta need update asap

The current meta is stagnant, the only decks you can play with any sort of competitiveness are Vic decks and decks that can beat Vic. Victor is so over played it has driven me to other games, I can not play more than a game or two before I play Vic. Not just Vic but the exact same Vic deck. It is beyond boring. An update needs to happen yesterday.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree all i see is victor and homunculus decks because victor cards are op and the homunculus human decks are op right now. with the change to vigilant wisp its easier to seek and play allies in one turn and since you have so many utility allies you can have an answer for every turn so they need to nerf vigilant wisp. after this season i will not be playing anymore because nothing has changed in a long time and its same decks all the time.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I know it's not a proper fix, but as a concerned lover of this game and its players, I do have a suggestion:

If you tank your rating somewhat you will meet a much wider variety of decks. If all great players not using Victor do the same, you will get paired with them as well and get the variety you want. Or just play Unrated games in the mean time.

We are working on the balance changes, but I think there have been times in the past when we have stepped in a bit too soon before the meta has been allowed to shift to a new place on its own.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does that mean the different buff you are working on will occur at the same time as an eventual Victor nerf in a same update? Or can we see these buff earlier?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They are tanked rating, there is variety at the top

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW, there is variety at lower levels too. I'm around the 250 rating, I see all kinds of things there. But scanning heroes played by top players I see lots of different heroes so I'm not understanding these complaints unless it just people who only call for nerfs just to call for nerfs. And since Vic won WC, that's what has been happening

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would say that they are calling for new cards, maybe the campaign feature, auction house, who knows, but I guess they are talking meta here. any game can grow boring to individuals. Regardless of its expansions or lack thereof.

As for boring meta, well the variety of Vic decks are there, Baduruu as well. But it's correct there are a variety of decks in the top 10. Many more below that.
    I think we are hearing from those who wish change or expansion faster, as they find something stagnant, maybe they play at the top and are bored, or don't care about top decks but wish to see more variety in the already big collection of cards. I can understand this, as there are a lot of cards, but fairly few played. Because they work I guess.
    I know there are combos and unused cards that could break the meta, it happens every once in a while. But are they good enough to break the current "stagnant" meta? I don't know.

I can see both sides, the players, new and old wish to see more, just to have more, to feel and perhaps prove the game is growing and changing.
    Those who have no complaints, enjoy the game for what it is now, and I'm sure, would love new content, but choose not to voice it, but just play.

I can't fault either,
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Cerddorion
    This game needs new content, not band aids. Period. I'm surprised the game has lasted as long as it has with such slow content development. And i'm not talking about a new set of 200 cards either.....hell, i'd be happy with 25.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i play between 300 and 350 and see many same decks. then so give us option to lower our rating manually because i do not want to enter games and quit and give players rating wins they do not earn. and i said it before the seek mechanic ruined the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's your ign, I would like to what you come up against