Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro tour 2017

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Pro Tour 2017

Thanks TJ Sleeping Dragon for the awesome graphic.

About
    The Shadow Era Pro Tour brings together players from all parts of the game in the form of teams to compete with and against each other in a variety of events hosted by a variety of guilds. The idea of the Pro Tour came about from wanting a fun event to play throughout the year. The World Championship is what we all look forward to as competitive players. Events like the Pro Tour keep that excitement going. The Pro Tour provides a competitive environment that keeps players wanting to come back for more!

2016 was a great success and the first time to organize PT. 2017 is the second of hopefully many years that the Pro Tour will be taking place. We hope that you enjoy this great event. If your guild is not hosting and you would like to host future Pro Tour events, please contact anyone of the SEPT committee: A1 Otto7/@Othon_Manolakos, 17 Paxvobiscum /@paxvobiscu, TJ Sleeping Dragon/@SleepingDragon, DA Ezio Auditore/@DaEzio, RS Seadog/@Seadog, BP Colosal/@BPColosal.

First of all the prizes:
    5 spots in the Shadow Era World Championship 2017 for top 5
    25/15/10 PAC for top 3 and 5 PAC each for the other top 16, graciously conceded by Kyle Poole himself.

Teams
    The Pro Tour system works on the basis of teams. Each team may consist of up to 6 members, with a minimum of 2, (they have fewer chances to score, but can qualify as explained below). Each member of a team must preferably belong to the same guild and guilds may have multiple teams with no limit to the amount of teams created. Each team should have a name associated with their guild (i.e. RS Shining Stars).

If guild members who cannot find a team or players without a guild would like to participate, they may form their own team with a generic association (i.e. SE Outcasts).

A team may replace a player that drops out at any time. The new player starts with 0 points but the team itself does not lose any points that the dropped out player earned for them.

More than that, if u want us to put you in a team, subscribe and we will form one :wink preferably with matching timezones too!!

How to gain Points
    Players sign up individually for Pro Tour events. When a player ranks high enough in an event, that player earns points. Each player’s points are added to their team score. Team scores and Player scores determine who plays in the Pro Tour Playoffs, and more! this year there is a bonus! read on!.

Event Types and Score Points
    There are four types of Pro Tour events: Grand (min 64-player, multi-week event), Major (min 32-player, multi-week event), Minor (min 16-player, one- or two-day event), and Small (min 8-player, one-day event).Every event to be admitted to pro tour 2017 must pass the committee judgement. The schedule will follow accordingly.
    Each event type rewards a different amount of Score Points:

Participation Bonus
    Every pro tour event gives also "ATTENDANCE POINTS" (AP) which is a new feature. Small tourneys give 1AP, minor 2AP, major 4AP, grand 8AP. Subscribing will not suffice, u have to play all your games and report them to the TO so he can verify back to us who gain APs and how many of them. At the end of pro tour, the top ranked AP players will gain a bonus in final score proportional to number of total events that took place/3 rounded down. For example if there were 15 events, first AP scorer will get 5 bonus points, second 4 and so on. If there were 22 events, first AP scorer will get 7 bonus points and down by one to the others.

You will see this year that the pts are more distributed based on pure maths and statistics (double games played to win a tourney, double pts given and double APs). Also, a boost has been given to winners. For example, winner of a big tourney and runner-up of a major have equal wins but one is a winner and other isn't. Plus one has been given the chance to play another round, but lost, while the first person wasn't given that opportunity so we made sure that undefeated winners have a slight boost oven other players from bigger tourneys who got equal number of wins but out of bigger amount if games (aka different w/l percentage)

Playoffs
    The Pro Tour playoffs is a 2-day event. For 2017, the Playoffs will take place on Saturday, November 18 and Sunday, November 19. 32 players are invited to the playoffs chosen based on Team and Player scores. The top 8 players go directly to day2 and the rest 24 play swiss type round at day1 to eventually give another 8. At day 2 the remaining 16 play a new swiss type round to make the 5 qualified to WC. We made this alteration from last year to boost the chances to qualify for those 8 who hardly fought through the year and also gave swiss rounds so that any bad MU will not mean direct elimination for a player. More info about the format can be find in this post.

How are spots for top32 given
    Unlike in the last season, we decided that total score should be relevant to the teams slots not in absolute numbers but in actual percentages! That means that each team will qualify equal percentage of the 32 slots as its percentage at the score points. Example: all teams gather 1000pts and team A scores 200pts. That means they get 200/1000 of 32 slots which are 6,4. That means they directly get 6 slots and have a remnant of 0,4 to compare with other remnants and see where the last slots will go.

Apart from being a lot fairer, this feature can allow 2 people to form a team!! Even if u aren't 6, u can just apply and hope u can score enough to gain a spot with the way of comparing remnants with other teams!!

The "cuttings"
    A new feature!! We noticed last year that many players would advance to playoffs with 2-3 pts or even zero (!!) just because they had awesome teammates who got points for the team. NO MORE!!
    We introduce a new rule which says that every last scorer of a team with enough pts to have him qualify, should also have more than 1/3 (rounded up) of the pts of the highest scorer among the nonqualifiers. For example team A qualifies 6 members but the 6th has 2 pts. Simultaneously the highest scorer among those who didn't qualify has 7 pts. That means that for another person to use its teams pts it is necessary to have 1/3 * 7 = 2,33... ~> 3pts. So the 6th player of team "A" DOESN'T qualify and the other guy does in his place. Then a new best scorer of nonqualifiers comes up and a new last person at pts and the same comparison happens till we get a pair that ends the circle. (Note: if 2 qualifiers have equal pts, the one who gets paired with the nonqualifiers first, is the one of the team with the lower pts and so on..)That feature too, helps single players advance! Hey, u feel alone in your team and with previous format u needed a very strong team to advance but u didn't have? Now it doesn't matter!!! Register and go scoring pts to snipe out the weaklings of the qualifying teams

Tournament Organizer Rules
    Tournament Organizers must have a Challonge link for their events. These links will be used to review if there are any questions about how many points were earned. There are also important rules to know if you are a TO or thinking of being a TO for future Pro Tour events. And also u have to keep track of APs and announce them exactly after a tourney finishes.

Allowed:
    Deck size restrictions are allowed (i.e. Max of 60 cards, Min of 50 cards, Min of 12 allies, etc.).
    Specific formats are allowed (i.e. Can only use a hero once, Can only use a class once, Min of 12 tribal allies, etc). Whatever the format is and relevant to its expected attendance, it will be given the title minor-grand but this can be altered through the year if circumstances change

Not allowed:
    Banning cards or sets is not allowed (i.e. a tournament with only COTC cards, Banning Lone Wolf, etc.) with the exception of Wulven banning certain cards in general (i.e. original Garina Road).
    Best-of-1 rounds are not allowed, each round should be at least Best-of-3.
    Tournament size restrictions are not allowed (i.e. Cannot turn players away from participating unless a player is banned by Wulven).
    Team formats are not allowed since the Pro Tour is already team based.
    Match-rigging is not allowed (i.e. arranging matchups to give your guild or team an edge. If round 1 is adjusted so guild or team members are not playing each other, this must be done for all teams and guilds equally)

PLEASE SIGN UP TEAMS FOR PRO TOUR BELOW, any changes to the team should be posted here
    Last edited by paxvobiscum; 11-14-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EVENTS ANNOUNCED OR IN PROGRESS:
    Pro Tour regular season has ended, look here for finals.

EVENTS COMPLETED:
    Highlander II
    The Cage
    Ruler of Balor 2017
    Rush to the throne
    Mind Control 2017
    Light vs Darkness
    Last edited by paxvobiscum; 11-17-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here you can find the list of teams, players and their score in Pro Tour 2017 in a google spreadsheet:

PRO TOUR 2017 STANDINGS

Thanks to BP Colosal for the great work.
    Last edited by paxvobiscum; 08-24-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm looking to join a team. Non guild preferably. Telegram @dvsklown. WC 2016 9th place, WC 2015 27th place. I'm not the nicest guy ever but I'll pull my own weight.

Don't tours usually announce the dates of the tour?
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 02-16-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I'm looking to join a team. Non guild preferably. Telegram @dvsklown. WC 2016 9th place, WC 2015 27th place. I'm not the nicest guy ever but I'll pull my own weight.

Don't tours usually announce the dates of the tour?
    There will be special events but mostly are fan made tournaments that have to ask for approvement so until candidates appear, we can't announce anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice. i like it much more with the 'cuttings' feature. its already set, but i would suggest totally to disband teams and make it just solo players. this will determine who is good on his own, but not who has good teammates what 'cuttings' tries do, but not fully. i dont see the purpose to have teams.

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What time are you thinking of doing the play off? (e.g. GMT 13:00)
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Play off are determined on how your team scores from the tournaments in the days before the playoff
    Duelers Ascent : Leader
    Tellegram : @DaEzio

DA Website : http://duelistascent.simdif.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    What time are you thinking of doing the play off? (e.g. GMT 13:00)
    Really early question. Ask this in 6 months XD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Questions:

Can i take part in pro tour this year even if i am already qualified for wc2017?

Can i take part in Tournaments like Titan Slugfest and other wcq tournament? I would like to try it for the tittle and the price
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II