Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can't mix and match

Hello. I am a new player. I have just bought a deck but can't seem to mix and match with the original ones I had and earned with gold

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Which heroes do you have? Because if your heroes are of different classes then you can't mix the cards from those decks.

On your hero card you'll notice that it'll say something "Human Hero-Warrior" or "Shadow Hero-Wulven". Cards are divided by the two factions (Human and Shadow) and seven classes (Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Priest, Wulven, Elemental). Depending on the faction-class combination of your hero you can only use cards that also fit those categories. So if I have a Human Warrior hero then I can only put Human cards, Warrior cards, or neutral cards. I can't use a Shadow card or Mage card for example.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, welcome to Shadow Era!

When building a deck, what is allowed in the deck is dependent on the hero for the deck. For example, Boris Skullcrusher is a Human Warrior, thus he can only put Human Faction cards and Warrior Class cards in the deck in addition to any Neutral cards which can be put in any deck. To see what kind of Faction and/or Class a card can be used in, look right below the artwork, it will typically say "Human Ally" or "Warrior Ability." The only exception to this rule is Weapons and Armors, which display what class can be used by the icons in the top right hand corner. For a list of these icons, check out the cards I've listed below and the associated icon in the corner.

Warrior - Crippling Blow
    Mage - Fireball
    Hunter - Rapid Fire
    Priest - Tidal Wave
    Rogue- Ill-Gotten Gains
    Wulven - What Big Teeth
    Elemental - Mind Control

In addition to that, the deck must have a minimum of 39 cards + 1 Hero. As a general advice to new players, sticking as close to 40 cards in a deck as possible will make your decks work more often, as the cards you want to use have a great chance of being drawn the smaller your deck is.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 02-07-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah ok. The original hero was Boris Skullcrusher, but in the one I bought it is Badduru
    Last edited by alex_noel; 02-07-2017 at 10:44 PM.