Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Ability: Gaea

Now, I know that this is a Greek word for the embodiment of the earth and may not fit into the Lore of SE. I just had this idea pop into my head and figured I would post it.

Gaea: Duration (varies)

So, this Ability is a duration Ability that would send the ally to your resource pile when the time is up.

Weird, probably not useful, but it was something I figured that would be an interesting addition. The rationale of such an ability to me would be to function as a sort of balance to strong base stats or abilities.

So, you could have a 4CC ally with base stats of 5/5 and whatever other ability you wish to add in yet it would also have Let's say

Gaea: Duration 3

So, after three turns, he is turned into a resource much like Devoted Knight. These allies would all have stronger base stats than their relative CC counterparts yet the restriction that they do not remain in play very long.

Maybe they do not even see any action as your opponent may disable them somehow.

Like I said, I just wanted to put the idea out there. This is a great game and I have enjoyed it for many years so any suggestions I have, whether worthwhile or not, I will share if there is even the slightest chance they will make the game better.

Thanks for reading.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off let me say that this is a cool idea, and some outside the box thinking. That being said, I'm going to argue that it wouldn't really work, or at least not on the cards you have in mind.

When you play a strong body, one with a good attack stat, or at least a way to remove allies, your opponent generally needs to respond immediately or sac the board. If we take the 5/5 in your example, that ally could knock out pretty much anything the opponent puts out. If the opponent doesn't deal with it, the drawback of Gaea are limited, as you've already secured the board. If they do deal with it, the drawbacks of Gaea are limited, as it never went into effect. This ability might work if freezing or otherwise disabling allies becomes more common, but as it stands, it isn't really the case.

I can think of some cool uses of this ability, but they generally involve using the fact that the card becomes a resource as a bonus. Using it to accelerate your resources. This, however, would require weaker allies, and the challenge would be keeping them alive. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with some cool card ideas that use this, but I think they would be too situational and gimmicky, but I will admit straight up that I would not be surprised to be proven wrong.

In essence, I think this is cool, but a little gimmicky and unnecessary. I should also note that it would be annoying to have to keep track of remaining turns, it might require the devs to implement some sort of in game visual.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know that concept already from very old MtG cards... But like Areliae do i not think that it would work at Shadow Era. The main different here is the battle-system.

In MtG work these cards because you attack always your opponent & he can block your attacker with his creatures... While at Shadow Era can you attack attack the allies of your opponent direct, which allows more easy to get boardcontrol & that would make these undercosted beater really fast OP.