45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tweak, rework, buff/nerf cards from COTC and DP

28 62.22%
  • Disagree with proposal.

17 37.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, as promised I crunched the numbers, taking a look at matches rated 250+ over the past 30 days. The most popular? Bad Santa!

The ones that were statistically low, in order of increasing usage:

Wooden Spear
    Cloak of Obscurity
    Medusil
    Old Iron Dagger
    Selfishness
    Change of Plans
    Toll Bridge
    Wooden Staff
    Kelvin's Charm
    Jade of the Forest
    Master Trapsetter
    Urgent Business
    Katrin the Shieldmaiden
    Scrying Eye
    Synchronicity
    Ripping Fury
    Nova Infusion
    Stand Firm
    Dome of Energy
    Unstoppable
    Wand of Izikus
    Call of the Pack
    Sliver of Shadow
    Dark Revelations
    Campfire Stories
    Griffoncrest Dagger
    Outwitted
    Rusty Longsword
    Startleshell Vest
    Drain Power
    Frying Pan
    Beetle Demon Bow
    Plate Armor
    Alert and Able
    Battle Plans
    Uprooted Tree
    Lost in the Woods
    Twice Enchanted Robe
    Chimera
    Moonlight Bracers
    Punisher's Gauntlets
    Redux Channel
    Mugged!
    Inner Strength
    Despair
    Aura of Retribution
    Fangs of the Predator
    Celestial Armor
    Blinding Storm
    Extra Sharp
    Blessed Protection
    Zoe Silversmith
    Twisted Familiar
    Darkforged Knife
    Zantonite
    Gaderi Barbarian
    Shock Conductor
    Good Contacts
    Metamorphic Vest
    Sandra Trueblade
    Battle Hardened
    Violet Thunderstorm
    Conversion
    Nurturing Spring
    Knight of the Golden Dawn
    Devoted Lightbearer
    Crystal Titan
    Throwing Knife
    Ice Storm
    Blazing Shield
    Aural Battery
    Brutalis
    Gold-Laced Shield
    Pack Alpha
    Disrupt Aura
    Rolling Boulders
    Helm of Saymeht
    Dagger of Fate
    Wendith Eagle-eye
    Looter's Baton
    Drangis, Lord of the Hunt
    Rilard's Buckler
    Bloodstained Marauder
    Ascendant of the Hero
    Urigon's Fang
    Shadow Armor
    Reverberate
    Reconnaissance
    Magma Jackal
    Keldor
    Darkwood Wraith
    Guardian's Oath
    Brutal Minotaur
    Final Flourish
    Wrath of Summer
    Warrior Training
    Storm Coat
    Cover of Night
    A Legend Falls
    Mournblade
    Deathbone
    Temporal Disturbance
    Scriptures of the Departed
    Enchanted Oak
    Thunderstone Golem
    Wave Collapse
    Loest's Burden
    Tar-written Scroll
    Thoughtful Investment
    Static Shock
    Reinforced Armor
    Killing Spree
    Cleric's Mantle
    Smith Shop
    Ascetic of Aldmor
    Frosted Urigon
    Staff of Disintegration
    Bloodstone Altar
    Crescent of Doom
    Lay Low
    Plague
    Prismatic Field
    Sun-blighted One
    Midnight Howl
    Golden Katar
    Rider of Ellos
    Anmor's Horn
    Lythian Shackles
    Mocking Armor
    Stalwart Battleguard
    Undying Bond
    Scourge Colossus
    Rust Weevil
    Assumed Command
    Packmaster's Helm
    Legion United
    Change of Fortune
    Cobra Demon
    Dreadclaw Totem

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I voted for buffs/reworks of older sets, b/c making the greatest possible # of cards viable is a deck builder's dream.

But if this comes at the expense of creating/balancing and releasing Lost Lands cards, I would much rather have Wulven focus on the new cards and finishing the set.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Kyle - really interesting.

As per my previous, we could work up some proposals for (say) the least-used 30 cards in this list - simple things like changing cost / tribe / effect duration / ability cost / attack type etc. That might offer a way of quickly bringing some life back to these cards. Would make meltdown easier to build as well.

Selfishness at cost 1 suddenly becomes really viable!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Thanks Kyle - really interesting.

As per my previous, we could work up some proposals for (say) the least-used 30 cards in this list - simple things like changing cost / tribe / effect duration / ability cost / attack type etc. That might offer a way of quickly bringing some life back to these cards. Would make meltdown easier to build as well.

Selfishness at cost 1 suddenly becomes really viable!
    I refer you back to my previous post:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post596880

Buffing the 30 least used cards according to this list is jumping the gun even more. It's great that Kyle informed us about 140 cards from 620 were viewed as being used in "statistically low" amounts, but there are other ways to get what I think some people are wanting. The most obvious is the use of other formats, such as booster draft, sealed deck, varied deck restrictions (e.g. max 2 copies or max 1 copy), increased minimum deck size (which is available but not being pushed at the moment).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get what players are saying when they think certain cards AR lame and not valued from those sets but changing them could lead to more problems I try my best to use those cards that are not valued because I don't like copying decks now maybe some cards can be changed ever so slightly but I don't believe that the card should change at a degree that it totally changes the card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gondorian is right about many things here. I think that if the rule of "not releasing strictly better cards" can be broken (and we know it already was Old Iron Dagger vs Weevil-tipped Crossbow), we can just grab some good ideas from those sets and rework them for current game state.
    Selfishness as 1cc will not be used much. But I can imagine it as 1cc atachement: Target ally loose all pasive abilities. Like Layarian Diplomat does - he is 2cc ally with that ability. So that ability is definately worth 1cc or less. Current Selfisness is maybe 0cc and Grave Resistance is still better.
    Last edited by maskee; 01-31-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There must be some kind of mistake in that list. Outwitted isn't at the absolute bottom. In fact it's in the middle. You're telling me people are actually trying to use that thing?? O_o I'm impressed. That card is easily the most useless card, but they still try.

Anyways, I'm very surprised karlstrad wasn't on the list, but scourge colossus was.
    And scriptures of the departed is there, haha. Oh how far the mighty fall? I get it, we over nerfed the card.

I'm also pretty sure prismatic field isn't a card. Perhaps you meant voidwalkers gauntlets?

Some of these cards can actually get a buff by making new cards that combo with them. For instance, Nova infusion is garbage. But if warriors got an attachment or something that had an effect whenever your warrior took fire damage, then suddenly Nova infusion is a decent armor with an almost desirable effect. Master trapsetter gets an indirect buff from camoflauged foe, a VERY useful trap to get out on turn 2. Zantonite would get an indirect buff if elementals had more artifacts that effected health. (or benefitted from being targeted and destroyed.) maybe something that lowers both players allies health by 1, and when destroyed, lowers all players allies health by 2.

But most of these other cards need direct buffs, and indirect buffs aren't possible.
    Last edited by Umbra7; 01-31-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    There must be some kind of mistake in that list. Outwitted isn't at the absolute bottom. In fact it's in the middle. You're telling me people are actually trying to use that thing?? O_o I'm impressed. That card is easily the most useless card, but they still try.

Anyways, I'm very surprised karlstrad wasn't on the list, but scourge colossus was.
    And scriptures of the departed is there, haha. Oh how far the mighty fall? I get it, we over nerfed the card.
    Every card should be valued umbra they have feelings to

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is a lot of good cards like Lay Low(it is considered to be an archetype) or Metamorphic Vest(it is soooo great), so i think statistics i not good when you are watching only on amount of decks using that card. But if noone use the card - this is a signal.
    Changing old cards - is bad idea, but bringing new ones with new useful abilities will be much better.
    Also, as an idea tornament type "Kyles 140" where you will need to use at least 20% of your deck from Kyle's list.
    And also about new cards like Startleshell Vest. Was they sended to digital already? If no - there is not to late for changes. I also had post a thread with idea for that card in suggestions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well! I'm dam proud to see my absolute favorite card (heros excluded) in SE is the most popular. I mean who doesn't love a wolf in a fuzzy hat. All hail BAD SANTA!

I'm happy that Kyle is listening and interacting w us as this is simply the best way to keep your fans/customers in the loop as much as possible.
    With all due respect to Levi, and his well written and thought out post, I vote no to nerfs/buffs in Cotc and DP, not just because they are printed cards, but because they all work. Yes some cards suck (selfishness, tool bridge) and others are a little op, (TW, nova). But fir the most part, they all work, some are yo costly for what they do, some are cheep and there's a reason why, they suck! But that doesn't mean we turn around and reinvent the wheel here. Like Lay Low, a rarely used card all of a sudden a few seasons ago became a highly used card w rouges, it was effective w combos and it worked, Exhaultation was rarely seen , then boom Exhaulmrntis hit and now it's a staple in many decks. My point being, you never know when somebody will review those cards, find a few and make them effective with more modern cards. Again, it would be fixing what works.

As others have said, I'm much more interested in new features and cards than I am waking up one day and finding out Aldon is a 4cc ally, Fireball only does 3 damage, and Krystofer is no longer a haste ally. Just as examples. It's just not the way I think it should go.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread